Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

IL: Dirtbag Dick Durbin’s reply

Dirtbag Dick Durbin as replied to two NumbersUSA.com fax alerts.
    Again, let me share his Anti-American views with you. He may be a Senator from Illinois, but he is also the Majority wipe, and his power in the Senate affects all of us. (Remember is Dream Act crap?)

Number 1 is in response to making English the official language of the United States.

Number 2 is in response to putting and end to sanctuary cities.

As you can see he is a total DIRT BAG!

----Email 1 – RE: English the official language ----------------------

To: <xxxxx@xxxxxx.net>
    Subject: Message From Senator Durbin
    Date: Friday, April 25, 2008 3:27:43 PM

April 25, 2008
    Mr. Xxxx Xxxxx
    123 This St
    Xxxxxx Xxxxx, IL 601XX

Dear Mr. Xxxxxx:

Thank you for contacting me about making English the official language of the United States. I appreciate hearing from you.

I understand your concerns about the use of English in the United States. It is important for all residents in our country to become proficient in English. The ability to speak and read English is required of those who desire to become naturalized citizens.

During immigration debates in the Senate, I have supported measures that declare English to be the common and unifying language of the United States and state that the federal government shall preserve and enhance the role of English as America's common language. At the same time, I do not support measures that limit the U.S. government's ability to communicate or provide materials in any language other than English.

I believe that our government should provide certain types of information in whatever languages are necessary
    to ensure that the information is successfully communicated. Current law cannot predict all the situations in which human life, public safety, civil rights, and national security would be preserved through the dissemination of information in multiple languages.

For example, if an unforeseen epidemic swept across the country, government agencies should be permitted and expected to distribute important information to everyone who may need it, be they tourists from Japan, farm workers from Mexico, or visiting dignitaries from Senegal.

Considerations such as these led me to oppose measures seeking to make English the "official" language of the U.S. government.

I recognize the primacy of English as our common and unifying language. At the same time, is also important that we respect each person's cultural heritage. Our country's rich cultural diversity has been a source of strength for our nation. In fact, with changes in the world economy and the increasing importance to U.S. businesses of exports, the ability to speak a foreign language has become a valuable skill and should not be looked down upon.

I will keep your views in mind should the Senate consider legislation in the future relating to the English language.

Again, thank you for sharing your concerns with me. Please feel free to keep in touch.

Sincerely,
    Richard J. Durbin
    United States Senator
    RJD/tf

----Email 2 – RE: sanctuary cities ------------------------------

To: <xxxxxx@xxxxx.nett>
    Subject: Message From Senator Durbin
    Date: Friday, April 25, 2008 3:24:58 PM

April 25, 2008

Mr. Xxxxx Xxxxx
    123 This St
    Xxxxxx Xxxxx, IL 601XX

Dear Mr. Xxxxxx: :

Thank you for contacting me about "sanctuary city" policies. I appreciate hearing from you and agree that the federal government should deport illegal immigrants who have been convicted of criminal activity.

Our nation faces a host of problems as a result of years of inattention to our immigration policies. I have worked to reform our immigration system comprehensively and in a way that is tough, realistic, and consistent with our moral values.

The phrase "sanctuary city" is sometimes used to describe a locality that prevents its employees from asking about the immigration status of citizens they encounter in the course of their jobs. Opponents of sanctuary cities are concerned that their policies may prevent federal immigration officials from deporting illegal immigrants who have been convicted of a crime. The U.S. Constitution gives the federal government complete power over our immigration policies, and any local sanctuary city policies that prevent the federal government from enforcing our immigration laws would be very troubling.

A recent U.S. Justice Department report shows that sanctuary cities do not, in fact, prevent federal immigration officials from enforcing our immigration laws. This report is available online at the Justice Department's website: http://www.usdoj.gov/oig/reports/OJP/a0707/final.pdf

Some communities have decided that public safety is best preserved when their officials do not ask about the immigration status of crime victims, witnesses to a crime, those with emergency medical conditions, and others in similar situations. Officials in these communities have determined that such policies are necessary in their jurisdictions to prevent and respond to crime and to preserve public health. I believe that state and local law enforcement and health officials, not Congress, are in the best position to make these kinds of public safety decisions.

During the Senate's October 2007 consideration of the Commerce, Justice, and Science Appropriations Act, Senator David Vitter of Louisiana offered an amendment that would have prevented sanctuary city communities from using federal funding to support their policing efforts. I voted against the amendment because it would have jeopardized essential state and local policing efforts not related to immigration. The amendment was defeated in a bipartisan vote.

I continue to support efforts to crack down on immigrants who commit crimes. I am an original cosponsor of the Ensure Timely SCAAP Reimbursement Act (S. 258. The State Criminal Alien Assistance Program (SCAAP) is a federal program that repays state and local law enforcement agencies for the costs of detaining illegal immigrants who have been convicted of a crime. States and localities must apply for these funds, and S. 2588 would require that the funds be awarded no later than 120 days after the end of the annual application period.

I also am an original cosponsor of the SCAAP Reimbursement Protection Act of 2008 (S. 2587). This bill would expand the SCAAP program to reimburse states for the costs of detaining undocumented aliens who have been charged with but not yet convicted of a crime. If these bills become law, they would apply to all states and localities, including those known as "sanctuary cities."

I will keep your concerns in mind as the Senate continues to consider these issues. Thank you again for your message. Please feel free to keep in touch.

Sincerely,
    Richard J. Durbin
    United States Senator

RJD/hm
    -----------------

<div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

I see now that I should have looked deeper in my inbox before posting Dirtbags replies. I also have a reply from Obama on the English language topic.

-----------------------------------------------------
    To: xxxxxxx@xxxxx.net
    Subject: Message from Senator Barack Obama
    Date: Friday, April 25, 2008 9:23:21 AM

Dear Xxxxxx:

Thank you for contacting me with your thoughts regarding English as the official language of the United States. I appreciate hearing from you.

The Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006, S.2611, which passed in the Senate in the 109th Congress, included an amendment dealing with this issue. I voted in favor of Senate Amendment No. 4073, declaring English as the common and unifying language of the United States. I supported this proposal, introduced by Senator Salazar (D-CO), as did the majority of my colleagues, because it is important for people who want to become U.S. citizens to learn English.

In 2007, Senator Inhofe (R-OK) introduced an amendment to S.1348 which stated that, no person has a right, entitlement, or claim to have the Government of the United States or any of its officials or representatives act, communicate, perform or provide services, or provide materials in any language other than English. I voted against this amendment because I do not support restricting the ability of people to obtain information about vital health care or important government services such as public safety in only one language.

Although you and I may not completely agree on this issue, we share the view that all individuals in the United States should learn English. The question of how to deal with a non-English speaking population is controversial and admittedly difficult to address, but I wholeheartedly support measures to teach English to those who do not know the language. Proficiency in English is extremely important when looking for work or even seeking out basic information, and I am optimistic that, given the opportunity, non-English speakers would welcome the opportunity to learn the language.

Again, Xxxxxx, thank you for writing. I am pleased to know your views on this matter, and I will keep them in mind in the future.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama
    United States Senator
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

I get answers back from Rep. Kirk to my faxes/emails but I've never gotten a response from Obama or Durbin. Never.

We must find a way to defeat him this year. The candidate running against him sounds good. Steve Sauerberg

http://www.sauerbergforussenate.com/

Steve Sauerberg is the Republican candidate in the 2008 congressional elections for the United States Senate from Illinois. He will face incumbent Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) in the general election in November 2008
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)