Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal Alien Crime Spree Ends in Death

April 18, 2008, 11:13PM
    Arrest made in death of mother
    Search is on for a second man in apparent carjacking

By JENNIFER LEAHY
    Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle

Authorities say slaying suspect Timoteo
    Rios, 24, an illegal immigrant from Mexico,
    may be heading for the border.
    Harris County Sheriff's Office

Kennedy Escoto, 17, the driver
    of the getaway car. Wears mask
    because he has TB.

By the time their paths crossed with Tina Davila's, deputies said the two men had gotten away with a few carjackings and even stolen some beer from a store.

In earlier attacks, the Harris County Sheriff's Office said their victims readily gave up their cars. Such was the case on Tuesday at an East Harris County convenience store on Market where they took a woman's car at knifepoint.

On Wednesday, a second carjacking went off without a hitch as well when authorities said the men stole a gold-colored Ford Taurus from a woman and then pilfered some beer from a Channelview-area convenience store.

But their encounter later that day with Davila was different, authorities said. The 39-year-old mother of five refused to give up the keys to her SUV because her 4-month-old daughter was inside.

Davila's refusal ultimately cost her her life as one of the alleged carjackers repeatedly stabbed the woman in front of a Cricket store at 5619 Uvalde on Wednesday.

Surveillance video has led to the capture of one of two men authorities said participated in the brazenly violent attack. Another man remains at large, and authorities believe that he may be headed across the Mexican border.

Deputies identified Kennedy Escoto, 17, as the driver of the getaway car. He has been charged with aggravated robbery.

Meanwhile, deputies are still searching for the suspect they say stabbed Davila to death in front of the Cricket store.

Timoteo Rios, 23, is an illegal immigrant from Michoacan, Mexico, said Lt. John Denholm, a Sheriff's Office spokesman.

"We're just hoping to get him before he crosses the border," said Denholm, adding that the vehicle has not been recovered.

Once arrested, Denholm said Rios will likely face "murder if not capital murder charges" in Davila's slaying.

Escoto may also be charged with murder, under Texas' "law of parties," which makes a getaway driver "just as guilty" as the murderer, Denholm said.

Surveillance video from the cellphone store shows a man in the stolen Taurus pulling up beside Davila almost immediately after she parked her white Chrysler Aspen outside the shopping center around 6 p.m. Wednesday.

Investigators believe the fatal carjacking was probably a spur-of-the-moment crime.

"The driver (Escoto) said they saw her get out of the car with money, and they weren't after her keys," Denholm said.

The video shows the man lunging for her car keys, then moving back toward the Ford sedan, with Davila following after him.

"She was yelling, 'My baby. My baby.' That's why she wouldn't give up the car," said Denholm in an interview earlier this week.

Authorities said the men were identified by someone who saw the video and contacted authorities.

While the video was hard for the public to watch, Denholm said authorities had no choice.

Rios frequented an address on Club Creek on the southwest side of Houston, sheriff's investigators said.

Escoto was taken into custody early Friday morning at the same complex on unrelated traffic charges.

"He's been cooperative," Denholm said.

Escoto, wearing a face mask due to a tuberculosis infection, was led from sheriff's offices, ducking from reporters who asked about Rios' whereabouts and why Davila was killed.

His only response was a one-finger gesture.

Escoto was arrested in September for trespassing and served 75 days in jail.

Rios was charged with possession of marijuana in May 2007 and served 10 days in jail. In June 2007 he was charged with criminal mischief and failure to identify himself to a police officer and served 30 days in jail.

Rios may still be driving the gold Ford Taurus with Texas plates P42 CYY and a broken left-side mirror held on by duct tape, they said.

Authorities ask anyone with information on Rios or the Taurus to call Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.

jennifer.leahy@chron.com

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5713748.html

Click on the link below to get raw video of the security camera that caught the brutal stabbing of Ms. Davila
    http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/ ... 143fa.html
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Another dirtbag Mexican escaping to Mexico and if he is ever apprehended we can't execute the scum because of Mexico protecting their criminals.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Escoto, wearing a face mask due to a tuberculosis infection, was led from sheriff's offices, ducking from reporters who asked about Rios' whereabouts and why Davila was killed.

His only response was a one-finger gesture.
    Another disease ridden illegal alien commits MURDER and when asked why Davilla was killed, FLIPS REPORTERS THE BIRD.

WHAT A PIECE OF COW MANURE!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

My sister and brother-in-law were car jacked a few months ago. The car jacking took place at a park, in broad daylight, where they had taken their 7 year old granddaughter to play. Two hispanic males simply walked up to my brother-in-law and put a knife to his throat, took his keys, his wallet, my sister's purse, their cell phones etc. Their vehicle was totaled later that same day when the theives hit a tree while trying to out run the cops. The car jackers were unhurt, and managed to run away on foot. They were never caught. One women was later arrested for credit card fraud. She was caught using one of my sister's credit cards at a Macy's dept store. That trial is pending. We don't yet know if any of the people involved were illegals.
    IT'S NOT HOW YOU GET IN, IT'S HOW YOU GET OUT

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    It's funny how they do whatever they can to sneak into the U.S. But when they get into trouble, they hightail it to Mexico. I don't want to use too strong a word to describe illegal aliens who commit crimes like this...but savages comes to mind.

This is sickening. Where's the LaRaza woman now? Why isn't she shooting her mouth off condemning this all too common behavior? Every single thing we have talked about from illegal to disease all wrapped up in one incident and not 1 word to say enough already. ALL the illegal Mexicans in this country ARE NOT nice, honest, good, hard-working people....time she take note of that and openly admit there are dirt bags in her beloved "race" as well and we don't want them here. Don't know why they would either if they are here to search for a better life.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My sister and brother-in-law were car jacked a few months ago. The car jacking took place at a park, in broad daylight, where they had taken their 7 year old granddaughter to play. Two hispanic males simply walked up to my brother-in-law and put a knife to his throat, took his keys, his wallet, my sister's purse, their cell phones etc. Their vehicle was totaled later that same day when the theives hit a tree while trying to out run the cops. The car jackers were unhurt, and managed to run away on foot. They were never caught. One women was later arrested for credit card fraud. She was caught using one of my sister's credit cards at a Macy's dept store. That trial is pending. We don't yet know if any of the people involved were illegals.
    How horrible!!!! They are getting brazen aren't they? Broad daylight and right out for the world to see and they still can't catch them.

" How horrible!!!! They are getting brazen aren't they? Broad daylight and right out for the world to see and they still can't catch them. "

Welcome to SoCal !

Welcome Nicie! Don't I know who horrible things have gotten in Southern Calfornia!

Hey, Alexcastro.....thanks for the welcome ! So, you know first hand what life has become here in sunny SoCal ! A couple days ago, I had business in my old neighborhood, and decided to stop in at my old car wash. No one spoke English except the cashier inside. The guy's outside showed me a chart.....a CHART !!..... in English, with pictures/instructions, and I had to point to one in order to make my selection. When I told the English speaking cashier that it would be very helpful if someone outside spoke English, as I had had instructions I wanted to give that weren't included on the "chart' , he got an angry look on his face, did not look at me as he was giving me my change, and did not respond to what I said. I won't be going back there !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast