Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal alien supporters hold big rallies

Just read a couple of articles on American Patrol. One said over 500 gathered in Florida to protest the Sensenbrenner bill and the other said 225 gathered in Denver to protest pending bills in the Colorado legislature.

Recently over 500 gathered at the Arizona capitol for similar reasons.

This is a dangerous trend. Nobody checks on the the protesters status, they're very vocal and they spew hate speech calling everyone and their brother a racist.

Anti illegal alien factions have never drawn such large groups and when they occasionally do hold a rally, the other side comes out in larger numbers and tells them "go back to Europe."

This is getting rediculous.
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

Ah yes, the race card. That card expired like after the civil rights movement, so quit using it! We live in a society that condones equality, regardless of what a few Trent Lott's think or say.
    Individualism leads to anarchism. A collective society has more to offer than an isolationist/individualist one.

Daydreamer, the "equality" you mention applies to legal American citizens, I grant you. However, when illegal aliens are out protesting, I think it is a good place for a round up, don't you?

We can't have people in this country breaking law after law -- first by their illegal status, then by using fraudulent papers to get jobs or attend our schools-- out protesting. Keep in mind that lawbreakers deserve equal treatment too. Deportation is the prescribed punishment for breaking immigration laws. I'd say it's time we started employing that prescription!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Multiple posts deleted. Smarta** comment deleted.

Allowing them to protest is evidence that we cherish democracy. Let them protest, if we tried to stop them from doing so then we would be hypocrites by propogating ideas of democracy and equality while attempting to suppress other people's right to free speech whether they are legal or illegal. It makes them look silly by calling immigration reformists fascist when we let them protest and get their views across. I do not agree with Leftists but I wouldn't try to stop them from rallying.
    Individualism leads to anarchism. A collective society has more to offer than an isolationist/individualist one.

Banned
    Let them protest, if we tried to stop them from doing so then we would be hypocrites by propogating ideas of democracy and equality while attempting to suppress other people's right to free speech whether they are legal or illegal.

The right to free speech is granted in the Constitution. It applies ONLY to citizens and legal resident aliens, those people who are under it's jurisdiction. Border jumpers have NO right to the Constitution's protections. Period.

Banned
    RandallE,

I would suggest contacting your Senators and Congressman. I've found them to be helpful in the past. Every one of them has a Constituent Services button on their webpages that will get you in touch with someone who may be able to help you. If you've done that already, I'm sorry for being redundant.

Someone on another post (daydreamer?) mentioned a case-by-case review for those who are having status problems through no fault of their own. Maybe the Senate could add an amendment to address that narrow aspect. If that were included, would you still oppose it?

Daydreamer, I didn't say stop them from talking or protesting. I said it would be a good place for a roundup. They can talk all they want to -- it wouldn't make illegal aliens any less illegal would it?

RandallE, I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. If your wife is in this country and you are an American, why can't she apply for citizenship? Why would anyone break into your house and arrest her?

Not that I think anyone would. After all, our schools, our churches, and our streets are filled with illegal aliens who aren't even questioned so I don't think one wife of an American citizen has any worries.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast