Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal Aliens...Tracking the Money

AS some of you saw, I earlier today posted up information about the MEP or Migrant Educational Program, a $350 Million dollar a year program that benefits illegals under the quise of migrants....this got me to thinking....just how much money is our government actually spending right under our noses on Illegal Aliens under the quise of/the term migrant. You would be surprised. Here is another one.....FIVE MILLION for a pilot program to train the children of migrants at our exspense to take jobs from our children:

EMPLOYMENT AND TRAINING ADMINISTRATION

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

As a result of a recent procurement action, three (3) grant awards for a total of $5,000,000 has been awarded to the organizations listed below. These projects are to develop and pilot three (3) demonstrations nationally that offer improved educational and alternative work experience opportunities for migrant farmworker youth.

Migrant Child Labor Demonstration Grants NAME AND ADDRESS OF AWARDEES: AWARD AMOUNT
    Michigan State University
    Ingham County Contract & Grant Administration
    301 Administration Building
    East Lansing, Michigan 48824-1046
    (517) 353-7297 $1,744,375
    La Cooperativa Campesina de California
    3031 "F" Street, Suite 101
    Sacramento, California 95816
    (916) 264-0200 $2,000,000
    Rural Opportunities, Inc.
    400 East Avenue
    Rochester, New York 14607
    (716) 340-3365 $1,255,625

PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: Twelve (12) months from the date of execution

DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT: These projects are to develop and pilot three demonstrations nationally that offer improved educational and alternative work experience opportunities for migrant farmworker youth. These demonstrations are designed to reduce incentives for migrant farmworker youth to perform agricultural work under any one or combination of the following conditions: 1) In situations that may lead to child labor violations of agriculture workplace rules such as those of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), or 2) during the scheduled school session, or 3) in lieu of summer school attendance needed to complete a grade advancement.

GEOGRAPHIC AREA COVERED: Nationwide
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

Some girl and her family got deported to screaming bloody murder to lower rates for school. So, she obviously didn't get any money from this organization. I've never herd of it at all here in Northern Miami. This is sad though. I'm tired of them getting the easy way out of everything.
    "I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio" - Rodney Dangerfield

For most of us a bit older, we remember when there was a national outcry over the plight of the migrant worker, and in many respects it is still there....problem is (in my perspective) what used to be something we could all embrace has become a runaway support mechanism for illegal aliens.
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.