Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Irish,

I too, sympathize with your position. I find it utterly ridiculous that our Executive Branch would welcome law-breaking, third-world criminals instead of positive, productive Europeans. You should write to Teddy the Swimmer, your fellow Irishman, this was all HIS idea.

I was very disappointed that you chose to call us 'fat and lazy', without the first clue as to who we are and what we do. That comment was WAY out of line. It makes it seem like you have just as much respect for Americans as the border-hoppers from down south.

If you think YOU'RE frustrated, put yourself in OUR shoes.

Irish:

May I ask why you don't want to move back to Ireland. I have several friends who are of Irish descent and many are talking about the great opportunities now available in Ireland. and How even Ireland is restricting illegal immigration and prospering.

Check out these links:

http://link.toolbot.com/boston.com/78690

and

http://www.boston.com/news/local/art...g_full_circle/

Why stay here if you think we are "lazy"?

While I'd like to sympathize with the details of your plight...

If you've come here because you think it's a nice place to 'set up shop' - I'd suggest you'd do better elsewhere. There are a hundred countries where you could also relocate you and your business.
    Our visitor's case is not that unusual. I personally know foreign-born persons that have spent more money, and have invested even more time in the process of becoming an American.

There is no Constitutional 'right' to a speedy immigration process. And, I'd suggest, there might even be a very legitimate reason for such thing.
    I'm a bit sorry that it is as drawn-out and as tedious as it is, but, ...what many prospective newcomers fail to realize, is that being granted the privilege of residency or citizenship, is as much about obligations and responsibilities, as it is about personal freedoms or economic benefits.

Of course, when a person resorts to generalizing about 300 million people in the country based on a few hundred or thousand that a person might personally meet, well, that speaks volumes in itself.

Let me offer TR's famous speech on the subject:

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American ... There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag ... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language ... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-T. Roosevelt
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank you for your comments. I apologise if I insulted some of you with my comments of "fat and lazy" but, to be fair I have met a few people here who find job security in having less people to compete for a certain job and also a certain percentage of them who just like to complain anyway, hell I like to complain myself and I guess my comment was in a moment of furstration with the whole system, I again apologise. It's a known fact that you lot work more hours than any country in the world.
    Return to Ireland? one person mentioned. I'm not in the tech business, I'm a farmer. Check the weather over there and farming is not as efficient as it is here...
    I've come to the desion that leaving is the best option unless they change the laws this week. I may have a chance........

I do understand where you are coming from irish however you did live in this country illegally. You knew that when you started your business that citizenship or a greencard was not guaranteed. We want all illegal aliens removed from our country. People from other countries cannot come here and setup shop and think they can stay no matter what their reasoning is. Sorry but you broke our laws.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345