Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal Immigrant Charged - Charlotte, N.C.

http://link.toolbot.com/wsoctv.com/75654

Illegal Immigrant Charged In Deadly East Charlotte Hit-And-Run

POSTED: 5:45 am EDT April 23, 2007
    UPDATED: 6:16 pm EDT April 23, 2007

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- An illegal immigrant faces multiple charges after police say he hit and killed a pedestrian in east Charlotte and then left the scene.

Luciano Melendres, 30, is charged with felony hit-and-run, driving while impaired, driving with a revoked license, driving without liability insurance and driving with fictitious tags.

Officers say Melendres, a native of Mexico, hit and killed 32-year-old Danny Sims while he was crossing Albemarle Road near Farm Pond Lane around 10:30 p.m. Sunday. They say Melendres fled the scene in a green Ford Expedition, but a witness called 911 as she followed the sport utility vehicle and directed officers to a home on Jason's Forest Drive, just two miles from the crash scene. Police arrested Melendres a short time later.

Melendres was just convicted last week on a DWI charge from a March 16, 2006, incident. He was sentenced to probation, alcohol assessment and treatment and community service and was ordered to pay court costs and have a breathalyzer device installed on his vehicle. Police said they didn't find the device during an initial look inside.
    N.C. Rep. Sue Myrick, a proponent of immigration reform, says the only thing that would keep such illegal immigrants off the streets after drinking is to deport them once they're convicted of DWI.

"The point is it's an extra-large percentage of Hispanic illegal immigrants who have been doing this and it's very frustrating in our community," she said.

Melendres has his first court appearance Tuesday afternoon.

Another US citizen's life sacrificed in the name of illegal immigration.
    And yet another person's story to be added to the already very long list at

http://www.immigrationshumancost.org

Done by a person that:

Shouldn't have been driving, and
    Didn't have a valid license, and
    Didn't have any insurance, and
    Certainly shouldn't have been behind the wheel, and
    Shouldn't have even been here.

Thanks Boosh, Congress, greedy corporate employers. The employer of this alien should be sued for helping allow this person to stay in the country.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    Another US citizen's life sacrificed in the name of illegal immigration.
    And yet another person's story to be added to the already very long list at

http://www.immigrationshumancost.org

Done by a person that:

Shouldn't have been driving, and
    Didn't have a valid license, and
    Didn't have any insurance, and
    Certainly shouldn't have been behind the wheel, and
    Shouldn't have even been here.

Thanks Boosh, Congress, greedy corporate employers. The employer of this alien should be sued for helping allow this person to stay in the country.
    Amen!

Banned
    this guy was Illegal, why was he given any thing other then jail and deportation. Let me guess afraid of a law suit.

These guys get away with way to much the first time.

That family can sue and should, the whole time this guys waiting to be deported sue, and sue, sue like there ain’t no tomorrow and they would win one for all the people of this country.

I’m so BEEEP sick and tired of all the Bull BEEEEP about these guys getting slapped on the rest and days later kill someone.

Gringos Gabachos,

Don't you realize that America is a free country? What makes you think that people like you should decide who gets to come here? I am a hard working man who adds to America whenever I work don't you know both our and your politicians say so? If I want to love life and have some pleasure with bottles of Corona and Tequila who are you to stop me? This breathalizer will it help my car go faster, then if not why should I put it in?

¡How dare some rednecks tell me that I can't drive!

Luciano
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I saw this on Fox this afternoon.
    On the John Gibson show.

The guy had been arrested and was released on UNsupervised probation.
    What?????

And now another American loses his life on an American street.
    Some poor pedestrian just crossing the road.

When will the slaughter of the American People end?
    Someone is accountable to all of this. It stinks all the way to the top.

CHARLOTTE, N.C., truly the illegal invader magnet of the southeast.

You could not pay me enought to live in Charlotte.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)