Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal immigrants already have a choice

Illegal immigrants already have a choice

The Washington Examiner
    January 28, 2011
    By Gregory Kane, Examiner Columnist

I wasn't sure I heard President Obama right during his State of the Union address Tuesday night, so I double-checked the text of his speech.

"One last point about education", Obama said about a topic on which he spoke at some length. (The text of his speech, when I printed it out, came to 11 pages. , Obama may not be one of our greatest presidents, but he sure has heck is one of the most long-winded.)

"Today, there are hundreds of thousands of students excelling in our schools who are not American citizens. Some are the children of undocumented workers, who had nothing to do with the actions of their parents. They grew up as Americans and pledge allegiance to our flag, and yet live every day with the threat of deportation. Others come here from abroad to study in our colleges and universities. But as soon as they obtain advanced degrees, we send them back home to compete against us. It makes no sense."

Obama and Americans seem to be living in two different realities.

Do we send those college and university students who are not American citizens back home, or do they choose to go back home and compete against us?

And while there may indeed be hundreds of thousands of children of undocumented workers (such people are also called "illegal immigrants") excelling in our schools, there are no doubt hundreds of thousands struggling.

But whether those students are struggling or excelling is beside the point.

The question is: should American taxpayers foot the bill to educate children of those who've blatantly and disrespectfully broken our laws by entering or remaining in the country illegally?

Doesn't providing the children of those illegal immigrants a free public education reward their breaking the law, instead of punishing it?

Not in our President's reality.

He continued with a brief reference to the topic of illegal immigration.

Now I firmly believe that we should take on, once and for all, the issue of illegal immigration", Obama said.

"I am prepared to work with Republicans and Democrats to protect our borders, enforce our laws and address the millions of undocumented workers who are now living in the shadows. I know that debate will be difficult and take time. But tonight, let's agree to make that effort. And let's stop expelling talented, responsible young people who can staff our research labs, start new businesses and further enrich this nation."

Those talented, responsible young people have an option, Mr. President:

Leave the country now and re-enter legally, the way thousands of other respectful immigrants have done.

That's not Obamas policy.

He wants to give them a "free pass" and "make a mockery" of all those Americans who immigrated to this nation legally and became citizens by going through the legal process and pledging allegiance to this country.

In one breath the president said he wanted to enforce our immigration laws, and then in the next he cavalierly dismissed them.

Expelling illegal immigrants is precisely what Americans do to enforce our immigration laws.

Perhaps that's what Americans should expect from an administration that busted Arizona's hump for passing a law designed to help enforce those immigration laws.

As for that business of children of illegal immigrants (growing) up as Americans and pledg(ing) allegiance to our flag, the president clearly hasn't gotten the memo of instances where some of those illegal immigrants or their supporters have clearly disrespected our flag as seen in many instances on the news and on favorite internet sites (Recall the image of students in a California school pulling down the American flag and, instead, hoisting high the Mexican flag).

There was a March, 2006 incident at a California high school where students ran a Mexican flag up the pole with the American flag underneath it: upside down.

That doesn't smack of allegiance to me, Mr. President.

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/En ... 69&start=1

Love Gregory Kane. Too bad the Baltimore Sun couldn't deal with the truth.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

The sad fact is that as of today, our brightest and better than immigrant or foreign students brightest, citizen children do not have jobs when they graduate from college. Not in their fields of study, not college level jobs, not anything but low paying service jobs. Except for those who have a friend with pull and can obtain a job in government, our college graduates are struggling to find employment and pay back student loans. College graduates with experience are having trouble finding employment, many of whom had to train their replacements here with H1B visas making less then them.

The last thing we need to compete is more people needing a job. What we need is a government willing to man up and get serious about immigration and trade agreement and outsourcing and insourcing through illegal aliens. That will not happen with either Republicans or Democrats.

Banned
    All of this madness needs to stop. We have been putting up with this "politically correct" BS for DECADES Enough Is enough We need to stop ALL of the Incentives that bring Illegals Into this country,and we need to continue to vote out the politicians that refuse to listen to their own United States CItizens

Re: Illegal immigrants already have a choice

[quote="American-ized"]Illegal immigrants already have a choice

The Washington Examiner
    January 28, 2011
    By Gregory Kane, Examiner Columnist

I wasn't sure I heard President Obama right during his State of the Union address Tuesday night, so I double-checked the text of his speech.

"One last point about education", Obama said about a topic on which he spoke at some length. (The text of his speech, when I printed it out, came to 11 pages. , Obama may not be one of our greatest presidents, but he sure has heck is one of the most long-winded.)

"Today, there are hundreds of thousands of students excelling in our schools who are not American citizens. Some are the children of undocumented workers, who had nothing to do with the actions of their parents. They grew up as Americans and pledge allegiance to our flag, and yet live every day with the threat of deportation. Others come here from abroad to study in our colleges and universities. But as soon as they obtain advanced degrees, we send them back home to compete against us. It makes no sense."

Obama and Americans seem to be living in two different realities.

Do we send those college and university students who are not American citizens back home, or do they choose to go back home and compete against us?

And while there may indeed be hundreds of thousands of children of undocumented workers (such people are also called "illegal immigrants") excelling in our schools, there are no doubt hundreds of thousands struggling.

But whether those students are struggling or excelling is beside the point.

The question is: should American taxpayers foot the bill to educate children of those who've blatantly and disrespectfully broken our laws by entering or remaining in the country illegally?

Doesn't providing the children of those illegal immigrants a free public education reward their breaking the law, instead of punishing it?

Not in our President's reality.

He continued with a brief reference to the topic of illegal immigration.

Now I firmly believe that we should take on, once and for all, the issue of illegal immigration", Obama said.

"I am prepared to work with Republicans and Democrats to protect our borders, enforce our laws and address the millions of undocumented workers who are now living in the shadows. I know that debate will be difficult and take time. But tonight, let's agree to make that effort. And let's stop expelling talented, responsible young people who can staff our research labs, start new businesses and further enrich this nation."

Those talented, responsible young people have an option, Mr. President:

Leave the country now and re-enter legally, the way thousands of other respectful immigrants have done.

That's not Obamas policy.

He wants to give them a "free pass" and "make a mockery" of all those Americans who immigrated to this nation legally and became citizens by going through the legal process and pledging allegiance to this country.

In one breath the president said he wanted to enforce our immigration laws, and then in the next he cavalierly dismissed them.

Expelling illegal immigrants is precisely what Americans do to enforce our immigration laws.

Perhaps that's what Americans should expect from an administration that busted Arizona's hump for passing a law designed to help enforce those immigration laws.

As for that business of children of illegal immigrants (growing) up as Americans and pledg(ing) allegiance to our flag, the president clearly hasn't gotten the memo of instances where some of those illegal immigrants or their supporters have clearly disrespected our flag as seen in many instances on the news and on favorite internet sites (Recall the image of students in a California school pulling down the American flag and, instead, hoisting high the Mexican flag).

There was a March, 2006 incident at a California high school where students ran a Mexican flag up the pole with the American flag underneath it: upside down.

That doesn't smack of allegiance to me, Mr. President.

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/En ... 469&start=

no the illegal immigrant don't have choice at all Not In my book & a s for the American flag well that come first NOt Mexico flag
    you are in Our country Now mon
    so In my book you have no Choice
    no Amnesty
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)