Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal Immigrants - GO HOME

February 5th, 2009

Illegal Immigrants - GO HOME

by lyle e davis

Welcome!

If you are a legal immigrant to the United States of America, we extend our hand in welcome. If you are illegal, you have broken the law and you need to go back to wherever you came from. You are not welcome here.

Simple: Come here legally, you are welcome. Come here illegally, you’re not.

We are very puzzled at the inability of otherwise intelligent people to grasp this common sense statement of facts. Largely because San Diego County is so close to the U.S.-Mexico border, illegal immigration has long been a controversial topic here. Thousands of migrants illegally cross the border through the region each year, although it's one of the most heavily fortified areas in the country, with double fencing along much of the county's border with Mexico.

There are no hard figures, but a 2006 study estimated that about 272,000 illegal immigrants were living in San Diego, Riverside and Imperial counties. The Latino population in North County has skyrocketed since the 1990s, reaching more than 40 percent in Escondido and San Marcos. Of that number, we don’t really know how many are illegal immigrants because of what many think are goofy rules that prohibit inquiring as to the citizenship status of a student, a patient, or anyone receiving taxpayer funded services. Logic would suggest that we, as taxpayers, have every right to know whether a recipient of taxpayer money is a legal resident or a citizen. If they are, more power to them. Let’s help them out. If they are illegal . . . sorry, go back home, where you belong.

Many of the immigrants settle in our area to work in the hospitality, agriculture and construction industries. Those were among the industries most affected by the slumping economy, leaving many illegal immigrants out of steady employment in 2008.

Many who once held steady jobs in construction and other industries found themselves competing for fewer and fewer jobs as day laborers. Many have either returned home or are thinking seriously about it. With little or no work, there’s very little reason to stay here.

Efforts to fight the illegal immigration problem were dealt a setback in the Nov. 4 election, when Escondido voters ousted Ed Gallo, one of the council's most outspoken anti-illegal immigration voices.

Gallo lost his seat to Olga Diaz, a Latina Democrat who opposed many of the earlier proposals aimed at illegal immigrants. Her win breaks the narrow majority held by those who were responsible for those efforts, council members Gallo, Marie Waldron and Sam Abed. The city was handed a legal victory in September when a federal judge allowed the city to continue impounding cars for 30 days if drivers are caught without a license.

The Escondido Police Department has seized nearly 10,000 vehicles in the last three years from unlicensed drivers, many of them at checkpoints, according to records provided by the city. In the same time period, Oceanside impounded 4,422 vehicles and Carlsbad impounded 705 vehicles.

In what some observers, including this one, think is more goofy logic, civil rights groups and many Latino activists say the checkpoints unfairly target illegal immigrants, who are ineligible for driver's licenses and are forced to drive illegally to work, to visit doctors, and on other necessary trips.

Huh? They are forced to drive illegally? They are here illegally? They are ineligible for driver’s licenses? Because they are illegals? Hello? Is anyone home?

We hear about the “violation of the rights of illegal aliens.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Logic would suggest that we, as taxpayers, have every right to know whether a recipient of taxpayer money is a legal resident or a citizen."

And it seems that when an official elected by the citizens starts disbursing public funds to them there should be an accountability---either to the public for recall or to a judge.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    not a whole lot more can be said.. this author smoked them

I have been out of work for the last 15 months, and after sending out 100's of resumes I find the only replies I get are "not accepting applications at this time" or "do you speak fluent spanish?"

wake up people...the government is NOT going to stop this invasion because corporate America tells Washington what to do, and they WANT them here for cheap labor and D.C. wants them here for THEIR VOTE!....

IMHO, the people of this country will get fed up with the current situation,
    and Washington AND the illegal invaders will feel the wrath of "Waking The Sleeping Giant" and neither Washington, who allowed this to happen, nor the illegals are going to have any place to hide when the "end game" begins...

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    The Giant has already awakened and he is P. O. DC is just to arrogant and/or stupid to figure it out yet

April
    Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    The Giant has already awakened and he is P. O. DC is just to arrogant and/or stupid to figure it out yet
    I agree Airborne, they are so used to ignoring us they are continuing to do so, even with millions more of us screaming NO!

Quote Originally Posted by April
    Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    I agree Airborne, they are so used to ignoring us they are continuing to do so, even with millions more of us screaming NO!
    Excellent article and a huge reason why I wish I could leave this area!

As for the above quote-this is why I get so hopeless. They live in a bubble. This morning, Rick Roberts had a clip from Chuck Schumer saying that we (most Americans) don't care about all the pork in the latest stimulous bill. How can we not care? It's our money. Its our kids and grandkids money. They completely dismiss us like they are some sort of royalty and we are the peons.

It seems like since BO got into office that this syndrome has gotten worse ten fold. Has anyone else noticed it or is it just me? I am really trying to keep myself in check about this because I dont want to give in to paranoia, but the evidence is mounting....

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    It seems like since BO got into office that this syndrome has gotten worse ten fold. Has anyone else noticed it or is it just me? I am really trying to keep myself in check about this because I dont want to give in to paranoia, but the evidence is mounting....
    Yes I agree, our politicians live in a Globalist Corporate and media bubble, they have no connection with our world. And until Americans march in front of their offices waving pitchforks it will stay that way.