Well just having joined and reading some of the topics in here, I am amazed at how many actually know their laws and procedures. Excellent. I am currently having to learn a lot myself, as just being classed an Illegal, I have been banned from the US. Ah, now that little bit of info might cause some controversy lol. Actually i am an Australian who has been married to an American for 5 years and living in the continental US. It actually wasnt until recently we discovered, through naivety that I was actually illegal. Damn. Tried to get this fixed quick and turned myself into the authorities, as we were told by homeland security that we should do this if we have nothing to hide, No worries. Got it done. Next thing i am on a plane back to Australia. All because of an oversight in paperwork and a misenterpreation of law. Yes, once again. Our fault. Not blaming anyone here other than because of the upheaval in people abusing US laws, the recommended departments who US citizens should be able to go to for help are now witholding information that could be a huge benefit to them. So by now refusing me access to see my wife and kids back in the US, they are not only punishing me but also one of their own. A person who has served time in the military and paid her dues and now just wants to be married and have a happy life. This is where the immigration issue gets sticky. There are absolute wankers who deserve to be banned from US soil, but there are also a lot of innocents who by misenterpretaion of law are being ripped away from their loved ones at an alarming rate. Who is actually suffering here. Luckily we have 2 senators and a congresswoman who believe that we have been wronged and are now fighting our case with us, along with some attorneys who feel that the law overstepped here. I dont want loopholes or a way out .. I just want to be with my family. I am not in America for America, I am there for my wife. During the time they decided to deport me, my wife had to travel to Oklahoma to take care of her ill mother. She had that to deal with whilst I was trying to renovate the house in case we had to bring her back to our place. She was there for 2 months and about to come home when I was deported. I have now not seen my wife for 5 months. I send her money from Australia to cover bills and kids needs. We talk on the phone everyday, but this just isnt enough. So tell me. how do we define US law when everyone is tarred with the same brush. Hard topic, but one, I think that needs to be looked at seriously. Brian.