Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Those 'undocumented' are actually 'highly documented' with fraudulent documents our government readily accepts.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    $1200.00 a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, now that would be a livable income. I want to make some comparisons here. I know it costs more for housing in the SW, and that is my main focus of comparrison. WE rent, cannot afford to even move out of this not-so-good rental (two bedroom with garage, which we put up a temporary wall in for third bedroom), and we pay $660.00 (it is a duplex). Not sure what it is like for similar rentals in SW? Can anyone tell me if they know?

Ok, so that out of the way, I also realize regions of the U.S., pay for most work can be better. Here, the average retail job pays $9.00 hourly, most fast food never pays more than our minimum, $7.80 hourly), and blue collar warehouse workers, such as my husband, average $12.00 (that is exactly what he makes) hourly.

Personally, making 1200 weekly would allow us to OWN a house here, and also afford to keep food in the cupboards consistently.

Still, that is a nice wage no matter where you live (other than NY city, but we all knew that). Tell me folks, what is it like where you all live right now (wages, housing prices, etc...)?
    I would love to have 1200 a week tax free. Here in the east bay, rents are about 1800 for a two bedroom house. the average non college salary here is about 13.00 per hour.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Cayla, 1800 here for a rental, unless it is in downtown Portland, a luxury high rise, is unheard of, well maybe some house rentals. Most of the rentals go for about $800.00 on the average, that is nicer apartments, and we are in what is considred, older affordable, which translates into "slumlord owned".

However, we do have a new landlord, and he has been trying to do more, but to me, it is just not enough and am SO ready to move, back up towards the mountain for me after all these years living in town.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by sofedup
    "About eight months ago, he said, contractors began asking him for a contractors license, which he didn't have. They also asked him for other forms of identification he didn't have, such as a Social Security card."

Wow- no professional skills and a tax-free income! Sign me up!

As to the question of living conditions, here in San Jose, since I can't get a "real" job with my degrees, I currently make 22,000/yr (if that) and pay $850/month for a 1 bedroom apt. Actually, everyone says my apt is a great deal so I'm hanging on to it the best that I can. I feel sort of blessed, almost.
    He's a contractor most contractors I know were making twice that..
    A contractor is a businessman not a laborer! I was making about that much in the late 70's as a contractor. I can just picture the work this clown did after a few years in the business. If you work for someone else you get what they give. If you have a business your income potential is unlimited.

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    "Businesses have been put in the position of enforcing a law they don't understand," Hook said.
    Oh they understand it all right, they just don't want to enforce it. Of course the slime balls are trying to find a way around it. I don't think they realize that they don't need to worry because soon there won't be any illegals to hire.

I'm not surprised that the illegal wife had no job ...this is the greatest snow job ..that so many of them are here just to work hard -- or are working AT ALL!!! ...many of the women do NOT work -- they just stay home and have all the babies they can -- and march right down to our welfare offices to sign up once they get their positive pregnancy results ....

It's easy to see, on a daily basis ..they are in the stores, all day long, during the daytime hours, when the rest of us are AT WORK.

So, that dude making $1500 per week, is no doubt NOT legally m arried either, which allows his "woman" to draw her benefits down at the welfare office. WIC, health care, prenatal care, free delivery, free meds and health care for herself, her kids ...free breast pumps, formula, etc.

So, paying no taxes, siphoning cash from our economy, AND getting free welfare benefits on the dole .... damn, Americans ... our we stupid or WHAT to continue to allow this???? Why the hell do you think the economy is tanking??

These construction industry titans/contractor outfits ought to be HUNG.

FREELOADING SCUM, ALL OF THEM!!!!!

"Businesses have been put in the position of enforcing a law they don't understand," Hook said.
    I agree with you ourcountrynot theirs.

If they didn't understand it, they wouldn't have used the court system to try and stop it.

Fences make good neighbors.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by againstillegals
    $1200 a week would be great! My dh is a firefighter/paramedic spent years in school to get his degree and doesn't make anything close to $1200 a week (actually he makes about that in two weeks.) must be nice and I would bet my life that they were getting social services on the side. I think it is very interesting that here in AZ all the car dealerships seem to cater to the illegals probably because they are the only ones that can afford a new car right now in this struggling economy. When ever I drive by a dealership all the signs are in spanish and they all seem to be driving really nice cars.
    If you or anyone you know needs to buy a vehicle in AZ---go to Rusty Childress. He has been in this fight against the illegals with us for OVER two years!! He is VERY active in this issue. He even has his own website-----

http://www.immigrationbuzz.com
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

OK folks lets work at making sure we get a president that will make more of this happen...attrition through enfocement is a very good thing. It is time for 3rd world counties to take responsibilty for their own people and get the burden off America's middle class!!

--------------------------HELP RED ALERT 12/26-------------------

LETS HELP WILLIAM AND TALK RADIO STOP "THE HUCKSTER" WE WILL NOT HAVE AN AMNESTY PRESIDENT !!!

Instruction and contact information at link below(lets go Alipacer's)
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-95676.html
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MyAmerica
    I agree with you ourcountrynot theirs.

If they didn't understand it, they wouldn't have used the court system to try and stop it.

Fences make good neighbors.
    playing devils advocate for a moment, lets pretend that they do not understand it. I will tell them the same thing a traffic cop told me when I was pulled over shortly after I got my license many moons ago.

"Lack of knowledge about a law is NO DEFENSE"
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast