Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ILLEGAL students to get Citizenship!!!

You think El Presidente' Bush will veto a Military bill over this?? HELL NO he wont!!
    They wont be able to discriminate against Muslims students.
    bin Laden can just flood the USA with "sleeper" students and & lean back with his opium pipe and laugh.

Lou Dobbs: http://cnn.com/loudobbstonight
    "The Senate’s failed so-called grand compromise that would have
    granted amnesty to millions of illegal aliens ----is being broken
    up and slipped into other pieces of legislation.
    Senator Dick Durbin is trying to attach an amendment into the military
    spending bill that would make illegal alien students legal U.S.
    citizens
    under the DREAM Act. We’ll have a full report on the
    plan."

I believe that just failed. They have to be watched constantly or they will try and sneak it in again. To try and compare students to troops is a new low.

It failed....... since 1pm today???????

Right, the defense bill not reach cloture. But only because of a filibuster by Republicans and the inclusion of the Dream Act was slipped into it. This bill would not have been voted against because of the inclusion of the Dram Act but the bill would have passed had it reached cloture. Write and call all your Senators and Congressmen and tell them you will not allow pieces of amnesty and pro-illegal alien legislation to be slipped into other totally different bills. Let them know you are watching.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The Third World needs people with education, we should not be passing laws which keep students here when they are need so much in their legal homelands.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Zeezil,
    So the whole defense bill did not reach cloture because enough Republicans voted NO on cloture because of the Dream Act? That sounds encouraging. Do you know the status and when they will try again, or if they will strip the Dream Act out of it? I can't find any news stories on this yet, and I don't watch television.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Populist wrote:

So the whole defense bill did not reach cloture because enough Republicans voted NO on cloture because of the Dream Act?
    I didn't watch C-Span2 today, but here's how I understand things went down:

The Defense Authorization Bill didn't receive cloture because the majority of Republicans wouldn't agree to an Iraq pull-out date.

It's my understanding the Republicans want to wait until the September report before making a decision to commit to a pull-out timeframe.

Unfortunately the Dream Act had nothing to do with the Democrats failure to get cloture on the bill.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thanks for the clarification MW. At least this will give us a little more time to protest.

They will keep trying to sneak it in to a bill they know will pass.

How stupid do these elitist politicians think we are?
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>