Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal students say they will pass bill to congress

Illegal students say they will pass the bill to congress in 2012

If studentes are illegal, they can not vote

I do not understand.
    How can they pass the bill to congress?
    http://noticias.univision.com/inmigraci ... an-factura
    All Countries have bordersÂ* and laws must be respected

2012 will be too late, I have a feeling NObama will have trouble making the primaries! All the latino's in mexico won't put Humpty together again!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I heard Senator Durbin and Senator Menendez refer to the Dreamers as Americans. They have come right out and pitted and threatened anyone that opposes them with the power and vote of the Hispanic Community. Thanks to Obama and some of our elected representatives these Dreamers feel empowered.

Here is the article translated by Google:

Students say they take their toll in 2012 for the Dream Act

Date: 20/12/2010

Senate rejected the Dream Act bill

Immigration Forum
    Bloqueado nuevamente el 'Dram Act'

The Associated Press
    Senate blow

LOS ANGELES - Emboldened after months of phone calls to legislators, hunger strikes and demonstrations, students at Los Angeles plan to take their fight for the rights of immigrants to the states and the general election of 2012 after Senate Republicans blocked an immigration bill .

But it is not easy.

The vote in the Senate on Saturday to reject the bid was a blow to student activists, who face an even tougher battle in the next Parliament.

The bill, known as the DREAM Act, contemplates that some young people born abroad before they become legal residents of the country after spending two years in college or the military.

The measure would apply to immigrants who were under 16 years to enter the United States, have lived in the country at least five years and some have a high school diploma or its equivalent.

Immigrants foresee difficult times ahead for the next two years, as many Republicans promise to push for tougher measures to restrict immigration, but they also say that Hispanic voters are fed up of legislators and now enjoy more political influence.

"This is a movement," said Nancy Meza, a 23 year old illegal immigrant and a college graduate, as he watched the vote on television. "We have no paid staff or lobbyists. It is a movement of students."

In the hours after the vote, Meza and 50 other student activists who gathered at the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) said they would remind Latinos who supported-and not, in the next election cycle in which press for access to financial support and drivers licenses in states more hospitable to immigrants, like California.

Few believe that the initiative has a chance in the next two years, in which the Republicans control the House and the Democratic majority in the Senate will be diminished. But they said it will not affect the networks have been forged across the country.

The migrant advocacy groups said they plan to increase pressure on the government of Barack Obama to decrease the deportations, an end to immigration laws enforced by local police and care for students, many of whom reveal their immigration status in the past months.

Students said they plan to fight to obtain immigration benefits, but not for legalization, locally, as do anti-immigrant activists in states like Arizona.

"They're making by state, are winning by region," said Cyndi Bendall, 25, graduated from UCLA, who was born in Peru to the United States when he was 4 years. "We have to win small victories."

Opponents of the initiative described it as a backdoor for an amnesty that would make more foreigners enter the United States illegally in hopes of being legalized in the future.

The House of Representatives passed the bill this month, but in the Senate missed five of the 60 votes needed for it to be authorized.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Obama will be busy this next year campaigning for another election and saving his arse I believe he is going to have a hard time since he has virtually accomplished nothing.

The only thing that has noticeably changed is that the rich are now richer. We can thank both parties for that
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Illegal students until 18 years old were not responsible for .
    their actions
    I agree
    but at 18 years old to become in adults and owners of their actions and decide to act like their parents. demanding rigths they do not have
    All Countries have bordersÂ* and laws must be respected

Students go home

Illegals go home.

Banned
    I think America has had enough of these idiots

Its time to go home amigos

We will make sure that happens in the next few years , So glad you still remember how to speak spanish , your gonna need it in your homeland

The dreamies said they don't even speak spanish!
    And never once talked to their parents growing up!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    The dreamies said they don't even speak spanish!
    And never once talked to their parents growing up!
    yup

they don't march with mexican flags either

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast