Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegals compare themselves to Civil Rights 1960's era ?

Read an article in the AJC today that mentioned illegals' comparing their plights to the Civil Rights movement of the 1960's. How dare they!

I'm a cultural African American whose ancestors were brought here against their wills during antebellum slave trade era.... whose parents and grandparents were victims to Jim Crow era South, and since they'd ALREADY BEEN HERE FOR GENERATIONS, fought for equal rights.
    My ancestors were made legal citizens of this country through Constitutional Amendments in an effort for America to right past wrongs.

African Americans were brought here. Big difference.
    We did not climb over a fence, crawl through a tunnel, hide inside a dashboard, run across a freeway, or walk across the border to come here illegally.
    The plight of African Americans during the Civil Rights Era of 1960's is NOT THE SAME as illegal,undocumented people who are demanding something of the US government that is not theirs to begin with.

My 23 year old son has his own term for what illegals are doing. He calls it: "PIMPING THE SYSTEM."

Your son is TOTALLY right.

They were NO WHERE on the scene during the struggles of the
    civil rights era yet whenever it suits THEIR agenda they throw
    Dr. King in it to garner sympathy.

I am so disgusted I'm besides myself.
    Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed.
    Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Well stated, bornbredhere. You were fighting for the rights guaranteed to all citizens.

Don't expect the press to point this out, though. It just doesn't fit the template, and makes the story too complicated.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Your son is SO RIGHT! Black Americans were brought here and not by their own will, either. There is a difference, the Black people did NOTHING ILLEGAL and had a RIGHT to fight for equality here in America. ILLEGALS don't have the RIGHT to be here, much less fight for rights equal to LEGAL AMERICAN CITIZENS. How dare they use the comparison to the Civil Rights Movement for their cause
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

Illegals must be stupid because they don't understand what the words

LEGAL and CITIZEN mean.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I happen to have been around in those times. Sometimes it wasn't fun at all. But I can tell you one thing for certain: Those people who fought for their rights in the 60's were United States Citizens who had every right to demand equality.

The people protesting now are illegal aliens who don't belong in this country any have no right to made demands of a government that does not belong to them.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They have been brainwashed by the far left that Americans want them here! That they are an essential part of the economy, the US wouldn't exist without them. They think they are getting ripped off by Americans, they do jobs Americans are too good for, that they work for cheap, Americans get rich, and they get nothing in return. Heck even Bush is saying this stuff. It's no wonder they feel entitled.

They don't understand why we make a big deal about being illlegal, in Mexico all the laws are ignored. Down there it is who has the most money that matters, you do what they say, that is how it works. So they assume the same applies here, they have no respect for the laws, they are just doing what the rich businesses want. Perfectly normal for them.

On a Progessive web site, they were saying Bush has created this situation, illegal Mexicans against Americans on purpose, to divert attention from the failures in Iraq. Maybe they are right to a certain extent.

Just heard GW Bush utter the lie again: "Jobs that Americans won't do."

Illegals perform a large majority of the farm work, but there has been a procedure in place for farmers to hire migrant workers, so a Guest Worker Program for migrant farmers is a moot point as far as I can see.

I think its 14% of illegals who are doing construction work for lower wages, and it makes me wonder when did construction work in America become a throwaway job that no American wanted to do? Construction work used to be a job where one could make a decent living. Not anymore since illegals do them for half the pay.

I'm talking to my AA family and friends who are in severe need of a wake up call. All us us need to send the message to our politicians and lawmakers that we are the ones who vote.

"JOBS THAT AMERICANS WON'T DO"
    Those words are such a hurtful insult to me and should be to every American.

Tim Binh <<<On a Progessive web site, they were saying Bush has created this situation, illegal Mexicans against Americans on purpose, to divert attention from the failures in Iraq. Maybe they are right to a certain extent.>>>[/quote]

Hmmmm. So this could be Bush's 'wag the dog' excuse?
    But illegal immigration is a burden on the economy. Bush needs to be called on that lie.
    I sent my comments to whitehouse.gov for whatever it's worth.... not that it will be read.

We need a someone like Tancredo in our state.

Get everyone you can to participate in the economic protest on April 17th. And all the ones I am sure we will have after that. Also tell them to give Jesse Jackson heck over this.

Then in November, vote against all incumbents. Vote for the other party or third party, it doesn't matter which, just vote for the non-incumbent who you think would be best.

You could even organize a protest against your Senator. The number of people is not important, just get the press out there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast