Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegals demand Apology for fee charged for Rally

These are comments for and againts fees charged for Illeagls Immigration Rallies.
    Printed in the San Bernardino County Sun: May,25. 07

"My comment is at the bottom"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Letters to the Editor
    "Apology due protesters"
    Article Launched: 05/25/2007 12:00:00 AM PDT

Apology due protesters

The organizers of the March 17 pro-immigrant and anti-war rally in San Bernardino should receive an apology for having been sent a bill for "extraordinary" services by the San Bernardino police.

If city officials are admitting that they were
    planning on collecting the fine, I am concluding that these same officials were politically aligned with the small group of counterdemonstrators (Minutemen, Save our State, etc.) who were launching severe psychological warfare against men, women, children and students.
    Yes, it was extraordinary how we felt safe and physically protected by the horse and motorbike formations of the police, but even extra extraordinary was their in-kind gesture of allowing the megaphoned right-wing castigators to totally drown out our speakers. We were totally prevented from having a true free-speech event.

The hatred that we felt was similar to that of the traditional small group of evangelicals hurling megaphoned insults (yet well protected by officers) at the annual Gay Pride parade in West Hollywood. However, I have never been so verbally insulted and abused in my life as I was in San Bernardino. I thought there were new laws against hate speech.

The castigating screams and rants of the ugly Americans against me, a 52-year-old, fourth-generation Mexican American whose uncle Roman Rios died parachuting off a plane in World War II were very hard to take, much less how the immigrant worker must feel.

The mental violence against our elders, children and youths March 17 under the statue of Martin Luther King Jr. at City Hall in "San Berdoo" was worse than the physical harm of being struck by the plastic bullets of the LAPD in MacArthur Park on May 1.

In the end, the racists were protected by the police as they were allowed to drown us out with loud and truly violent verbal and psychological destruction.

JOHN AVALOS
    Los Angeles

__________________________________________________ ___________

Letters to the Editor
    "Freedom to complain?"
    Article Launched: 05/25/2007 12:00:00 AM PDT

Freedom To Complain

All of this crying over the bill for a protest march (re: "Dissenters protest bill," by Robert Rogers, May 17). Why don't these people get real? Free speech is right, but not when it causes problems for people here legally.
    All of this whining, for what? If they don't like it here, go back to Mexico and fix their own country. If they would work as hard to fix their own, as they work for all the freebies, it would be a blessing.

Don't give me the line about finding work. I have lived here in the United States for 71 years. I have worked sweeping floors, and I did odd jobs until I finally made it. Not once did I stand on a street corner or in a parking lot to get a job.

When I grew up in L.A., we had some gang problems, but not like now. I wonder why.

To all of this crying, it's the way we've said it all along - that's the way the cookie crumbles.

JIM HENDRICKSON
    Crestline
    ===============================================
    MY Response=

Letters to the Editor
    "Time to Pay the Fiddler"
    Article Launched: 05/26/2007 12:00:00 AM PDT

TIME TO PAY THE FIDDLER

First I`d like to say, AMEN to JIM HENDRICKSON comment, "Freedom to Complain" 5/25/07.
    I would also like to Respond to "John Avalos" comment "Apology Due Protesters".5/25/07
    I could say one thing but it would`nt be printed, So I`ll just make it simple.
    People like you never fail to amaze me.
    The March 17 protest Rally, and for that matter, all of your "so called" Pro-Immigrant protest rallies are not Immigrant Rallies as you called them, they`er Illegal, let me say it once more. (key word) "I-L-L-E-G-A-L" Immigrant Protest Rallies.
    You conveniently leave out ILLEGAL and add WAR to make it sound as if it were the LEGAL Citizens protesting and were actually concerned about the war. Maybe the media will fall for it but the people that care for this country won`t.
    Cedillo and all other Pro "Illegal" Immigration protest organizers including Villaraigosa, Baca, and Navarro should get hit with a fee for the extraordinary use of law enforcement.
    Law enforcement are paid by the taxpayer of "this" country and are assigned to Serve and protect the "Legal" Citizens of "this" country.
    So if the ILLEGALS want to take Law Enforcement from their paid assignments, then they should pay for it. just like we do.
    Why don`t you get a life? And make sure it has responsibilities.

Mike Farnam
    San Bernardino, Ca
    http://www.sbsun.com/voiceofpeople/ci_5980532
    ------------------------

MIKE

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    GOOD GOING MIKE.........PAY THE FIDDLER.........YYAAAA
    <div>If a squirrel goes up a politician's pants... You can bet...he'll come-back down hungry.....

</div>