Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegals in Florida

I'm new to this discussion group and I would like to know if anyone is aware of what is being done in the Bradenton-Sarasota, Florida area about
    Illegals. At the begining of the year I lost my job at a company that routinely hired Illegals. I know they are illegals because I was the production manager and they all spoke spanish. Being that I'm spanish as well I would often here then talking about the legal their legal staus.

gusgriswald,
    welcome to ALIPAC. Perhaps swatchick down in Fla might know something about that area.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I do not know anything about your area specifically, but having lived in Florida my entire life and knowing what gems are going to be sworn into office across the state next month I would not hold my breath waiting for something meaningful to happen.

I live in Jacksonville and I can tell you they are creeping up to my area now. I am disgusted and cannot get a reply from my mayor.

gggrrrr
    "If you always do what You've always done, You'll always get what you always got!"

“If you ain’t mad, you ain’t paying attention.â€

Several groups in Florida are trying to get some response from local and state government. There is resistance to take action because of the so called economic benefits illegals provide. The Florida Minutemen are trying to bring out more public awareness of the problem. The local media of course is taking the head in the sand approach and avoiding the topic at all costs. The SW Florida Chapter has a good website that has some of their efforts. My wife and I designed and maintain this site and are members. www.swflaminutemen.com
    We are no longer part of MCDC, Florida is independent. If you do a search for, florida minutemen, you will find some of the events. You will also find the link for our state headquarters site in Orlando. Hope this helps.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!

Welcome, Gusgriswald. Stories such as yours are common in Florida, but yet Jeb is very proud of our state. Apparently there is nothing wrong with American citizens being bumped out of their jobs by illegal aliens.

Try this link. They have groups on the southwest coast that are becoming very active. There will be more protests posted for that area tomorrow.

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=23015
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Illegals in Florida

Thanks for the replies. I have not tried getting a hold of anyone in a sense because of fear. The company I worked for is a small company but the owner knows a lot of people in this area. When I left the company it was because they wanted me to train an illegal to basically take my position. When I confronted the owner of the company he went crazy on me because he really liked the girl. I was very happy with my job and my wife and I had recently purchased a home. So it has been hard for the last few months. Anyhow, I will survive and learn from this. If you come accross a direct source for me to contact let me know. I plan on voiceing my opinion as well. Best to all!