Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    According to a pamphlet in my sales tax reporting form, Texas has a provision that any graduate of a Texas high school can go free for 1 years to a community college or technical school.

That would certainly cover the illegals.

I don't know if minority status will give them a step ahead or not.
    Hmmm... I'm in Texas and I had not heard that one. What's your source?

I gave my source
    According to a pamphlet in my sales tax reporting form,
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'll bet they all leave there with chapped butt cheeks.

Banned
    I gave my source
    According to a pamphlet in my sales tax reporting form,
    Did the pamphlet have a publication number as issued by the state? I'm assuming it's Texas...

Quote Originally Posted by Reciprocity
    I think she is refering to the Dream Act which hasn't passed yet.
    Our illustrious numbnuts might try adding that to another piece of legislation. We need to be on the look out for their little tricks.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I received it in the form for reporting and remitting the sales tax at the end of last year, so it would have been in December or January.

I have no idea what the publication number was.

There is usually a one page blurb with some news that is supposed to make us feel better about the whole situation and that was one of the things included.

Crockett, you made me doubt myself so I did a little checking.

The Comptroller site states it has been proposed and needs legislation - and perhaps I misread the newsletter - but don't know if the after thought of 'needs legislation' was included there.

If such legislation has passed, I probably could not find it. So far, I have not been able to find out about legislation in our state. I am just not that good at research, I guess.

I did check with the local community college and any graduate of a high school in the counties that make up the district gets free tuition - but must pay fees.

The person I spoke with in the financial aid office was not aware of any such program - but then I got a couple of 'I don't knows' and 'I'm not sure' regarding things I thought she should know.

Banned
    Crockett, you made me doubt myself so I did a little checking.

The Comptroller site states it has been proposed and needs legislation - and perhaps I misread the newsletter - but don't know if the after thought of 'needs legislation' was included there.

If such legislation has passed, I probably could not find it. So far, I have not been able to find out about legislation in our state. I am just not that good at research, I guess.

I did check with the local community college and any graduate of a high school in the counties that make up the district gets free tuition - but must pay fees.

The person I spoke with in the financial aid office was not aware of any such program - but then I got a couple of 'I don't knows' and 'I'm not sure' regarding things I thought she should know.
    Interesting. As I said, I had not heard about that program, but I'll see what I can find.

I don't think that most illegals are college material. In Texas lots of them have to put their last names in huge script in the rear windows of their new trucks to keep from stealing their own cd players.
    Incidentally if the illegals didn't buy all of these huge tricked out new trucks there would be a lot less demand for gasoline.
    Send them home I'm sure they have colleges in Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by andyt
    I don't think that most illegals are college material. In Texas lots of them have to put their last names in huge script in the rear windows of their new trucks to keep from stealing their own cd players.
    Incidentally if the illegals didn't buy all of these huge tricked out new trucks there would be a lot less demand for gasoline.
    Send them home I'm sure they have colleges in Mexico.

Too funny up here in MA we have the same situation. Either it is their last names or the make of their car. Oh and we have one guy with a brand new F-150 with "El Padrino" which means the Godfather and my landlord rents to people like this! Anyone that calls themself the Godfather and has it plastered in Spanish with the little cowboy hat air freshner over their brand new F-150 is pretty much a scumbag in my eyes.

As for the free college tuition that too is total B.S. I worked 3 part time jobs, lived on my own (no roomies) and went to college part time for 7 years during the evening to get a bachelor's degree. My folks did not have the money to send me or my sister to college so it meant paying for it yourself. So here I am today proud of graduating and have over $25,000 in student loads.

And because I was born in the US legally, paid my taxes, followed the laws of the land I get crapped on by my government once again. Here I have bills up the wazoo for my education and some illegal alien gets to go to college for free. That burns my you know what!

"What part of illegal don't you understand?"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12