Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Wow. If that is all it takes to be diagnosed with PTSD, what would we have classified the Irish (we asked to come here) as having?

Come from a small village where you have never ventured a mile from in your life, to a large Irish port town- Londonderry...What a shock just that would be...You get there either by foot or horse if you are lucky. Make sure you "keep Lincolns promise in your breast pocket."

Find your way onto a crowded wooden vessel if one were available. Tickets cost $25 !!! In the late 1800's.

Packed with people who are starving or sick. No kitchens. Little to no provisions. No medical. Spend 1.5 to 3 months sailing to New York. 10-15% of the people often died during the voyage. Much of the time was spent in below deck airless cabins.
    Here is your home/sleeping area for 3 months:

When and if you arrived if you were a healthy enough male, you had a gun slapped in your hand and were given a sheet to sign (if you wanted food) then rushed off to a civil war. If you didn't want to eat that way you were pretty much on your own. No welfare. No anything. You could wander over to the luxury area of NY called 5 points, there were other Irish there:

A beautiful property formed on a "collection pond" (see cistern pit). When there was a pollution problem and deaths resulting from it, the upper class residents moved out and made way for poor Irish immigrants, African Americans and later Italians and Eastern Eruopean Jews. If you survived the riots, gangs, lack of food, murder and unsanitary conditions you were a lucky person. The only welfare was survival.

I wonder what psychological condition would be applied to the Irish?

Mexican Illegal Aliens are cowards and weaklings.

Should also mention that if you came from Italy and even further off in Gdansk (Danzig) Poland your journey was the same just longer. You got to hop between ports on the way, but the Atlantic crossing was the same.

Chosen, after viewing those pictures I have to say todays illegals are tenderfoot weaklings.
    I seriously doubt anyone on that ship would consider themselves victims and probably thanked God for the opportunity to be here and they did it all without welfare or special interest/advocacy groups.
    -My ancestor, the first one to come here, fought in the Revolutionary War and was held as a POW on a ship(at 17) before he ever set foot on the ground here, he also refused his commision saying "Our fledgling Country needs the money more than I do".
    So again I say the illegals we see today are weaklings, who sacrificed NOTHING to be here.

Populist, I am sure Rowdy and Gil would say-

Head 'em up,move 'em out Rawhide!

Yes, the main difference is that those people are legal and look what they had to go thru...

That phrase sounds familiar...Who was it?

The stress of surviving in a sea of illegals is causing me to have depression, post traumatic stress syndrome (and that is just from trying to order at McDonald's in English) and a headache....where is my free health care? oops I forgot, I have to be an illegal to get that...

for the record, that was tongue in cheek, I do not want universal health care. Imagine all hospitals being run like the military hospitals
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What about the post traumatic stress that our victims and their families endure because of all the illegal Mexi-turd crime?
    Che Guevara wears a picture of ME on his t-shirt.

The pity parties the illegals want us to have with/for them is not working.

Wow! Seeing those pictures - that is why Americans are so strong. The past legal generations of all colors and nationalities worked hard, endured and fought for this great country. They deserve only respect; not to hear illegal cowards and parasites telling Americans to go to home. We are home thanks to the strength and courage of our legal American relatives.

That is why I say...
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

From my work this summer in the health department, I find this totally on target. Almost every other one of these pregnant or post partum moms was claiming depression. Many did have the psychosomatic complaints as well. But they were depressed about things over which they had TOTAL CONTROL -- such as their partner leaving them (try marrying him first), not getting out of their apartment enough, not having family and friends around (don't leave your family and friends to come here).

And they would look at the nurses with these sad eyes and just be so whiny. It was more like a sobby, whiney little rant, not a true depression.

True depression, and I've had it, incapacitates you. You are immobilized, and either cry constantly or sleep constantly, or you can't sleep at all. These people were getting around just fine, sleeping well, not tearful -- they were just freaking WHINING.

No pity -- sorry. My ancestors were among those Irish -- and no one offered them a single handout ever.

Quote Originally Posted by jjmm
    From my work this summer in the health department, I find this totally on target. Almost every other one of these pregnant or post partum moms was claiming depression. Many did have the psychosomatic complaints as well. But they were depressed about things over which they had TOTAL CONTROL -- such as their partner leaving them (try marrying him first), not getting out of their apartment enough, not having family and friends around (don't leave your family and friends to come here).

And they would look at the nurses with these sad eyes and just be so whiny. It was more like a sobby, whiney little rant, not a true depression.

True depression, and I've had it, incapacitates you. You are immobilized, and either cry constantly or sleep constantly, or you can't sleep at all. These people were getting around just fine, sleeping well, not tearful -- they were just freaking WHINING.

No pity -- sorry. My ancestors were among those Irish -- and no one offered them a single handout ever.
    Very well stated.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Some truth in all post however the blame lies mostly first with a wealthy Mexican government who wishes to remove there unwanted poor, making money from them at the same time and with our government, add wealthy corporation who want slave labor. Without the combined efforts of all three groups we would not be in this mess.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast