Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegals must be allowed to attend community colleges in NC!

I'm new here. I think this is outrageous! I thought I would share it here. I will be writing to the Governor and representatives.

http://wral.com/news/state/story/2093402/

WELCOME LYNNE!

Yep, we absolutely must work on Gov. Easley- He's too soft on illegals here in N.C.

well, 'IF' an American citizen DOES NOT gain entry because of lack of availability, then a LAWSUIT should ensue.....

where is my country going?

Welcom to ALIPAC, Lynne. Thanks for digging this up and for posting.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Why should illegal children be allowed to go to college? We all know they will only end up working illegally once they graduate and then our college graduates will have a harder time seeking employment. What is interesting is congress is voting on the employer verification law. I got a email from congress.org about it and they ask if you are for or against it. One thing I mentioned was illegals going to college and then working illegally taking those jobs away as well.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Illegals must be allowed to attend community colleges in

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne
    I'm new here. I think this is outrageous! I thought I would share it here. I will be writing to the Governor and representatives.

http://wral.com/news/state/story/2093402/
    Welcome to the site :

Lawyer: Community Colleges Must Admit Eligible Illegal Immigrants

Posted: Today at 4:18 p.m.
    Updated: Today at 7:29 p.m.

RALEIGH, N.C. — North Carolina's community colleges must accept illegal immigrants as long as they are 18 years old and high school graduates.

The new policy reverses a rule that gave campuses the option to say no.

In a memo earlier this month, a lawyer for the community college system told colleagues the change was needed to fall in line with a 1997 opinion by then-Attorney General Mike Easley.

More than half of the 58 community college campuses already allow illegal immigrants to enroll.

The state system says about 340 undocumented students currently attend class. They must pay out-of-state tuition rates.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

I am surprised that they are making them pay out-of-state tuition!!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Actually they are aiding and abetting illegals by charging them out of state fees. They should rightfully be international students. The tuition maybe the same but international students require a visa which means they also need to follow immigration laws. They require health insurance and cannot work unless they face financial hardship and then immigration has to approve it and you can only work on campus.

MW
    A more indepth article on this is posted here:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-92032.html

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Welcome, Lynne

I heard about the community college thing on NPR today and thought, oh, yeah, that's typical. Easley has always been a big advocate of allowing illegal aliens to break the law and be rewarded, especially taking into consideration their children. He's all for giving them education on the tax payers' dollars.

In NC, they said on NPR today that a large percentage of Hispanic and Latino population of children in school are involved in self-destructive behaviors and gang activity because they are not assimilating into society and are not being accepted in public schools.

The drop-out rate for white students is far less than that of hispanics and latinos. So I guess the students who have dropped out are out there in the streets of Wake County, planning on what their next crime will be. Joining gangs. Pathetic.
    State by state, we need to work, to get these politicians out.
    ANQ
    "If our nation is ever taken over, it will be taken over from within."
    -- James Madison

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast