Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Are Illegals now signing petitions for Dream Act?

Hello All,
    I just received an e-mail containing a link to a petition for Dream Act that is to be sent to Congressman Jerry Lewis. The Petition contains signatures and other related information. My question is if Illegal Aliens are signing a public petition sent to a Congressman then does the information become public record? My other question is can the petition be obtained through the FOIA?

http://thiscause.org/p/menu.php?p=Tran57670DB

Signatures here are hand-drawn online using a mouse, stored as graphic images, and watermarked with Doc. Number: 57670 (See Key)

AUTHOR: Courtney Vouchieng Tran Contact
    RECIPIENT: Congressman Jerry Lewis
    RELATED WEB LINK: http://www.myspace.com/psychoi89
    SIGNATURES: 44 HITS: 285 MESSAGES: 0

AUTHOR'S MESSAGE

PETITION TEXT
    Over a million young high school graduates in the United States face the tragedy of an uncertain, curbed future due to current immigration laws. In large part, this is due to their parents' citizenship status (lack thereof), their undocumentation, and immigration limbo. The Dream Act will allow for a two-step process where these students can apply for citizenship upon meeting the criteria of having demonstrated a hard working and good character over a course of six years conditional period- a period granted through applying for temporary residential status. The passage of the Dream Act will significantly impact the lives of those students who are qualified- who have earned it- allowing them to pursue their lifelong dreams and careers, raising their future income, the amount of taxes they will pay, and be a means of lowering crime rates. Please sign this petition and show your support for promising a better future that will affect not only them, their future family, but affect ourselves as well. Support this for the deserving students in America.

Upload a photo to contribute to this petition?

RECENT SIGNATORIES (of 44)
    [ Our database is large. Section below may take a moment to load from the database. Written signatures will appear last. You do not have to wait for this section to load. ]

Message Board

Disagree with this petition?

Donations keep this petition operating.

I really don't know the legalities of this. I remember signing a petition for a side walk to be built. Problem is...once they turned the petition in....most of the signatures didn't count unless you were a registered voter. I was a registered voter but I was registered Independant and in that state....it didn't count unless you were registered Dem Or Rep. So most of those petitions didn't count.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We all better believe they're doing this and much more. The DREAM Act is huge for La Raza, et al. It assures them of a steady influx of recruits for a very long time. Bringing this bill down will take a lot of wind out of their sails. We can't let up for a second on this one.

Your link: http://thiscause.org/p/menu.php?p=Tran57670DB
    takes me to a place where I can "counter" the petition. I'm just leery where I put my signature because I could get "swindled" into using my signature "for" instead of "against" the petition.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    that wont fly... funny mail box got turned off... wow i cant offer my point of view...

Problem is...once they turned the petition in....most of the signatures didn't count unless you were a registered voter. I was a registered voter but I was registered Independant and in that state....it didn't count unless you were registered Dem Or Rep. So most of those petitions didn't count.

Oh, good point!!!! Of course we will have to find out the legalities some way, but you may just have hit on a very good weapon for us to use.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They have 51 signatures for the Dream Act and

PETITION: "We OPPOSE Vote Yes on Dream Act"

Signatures here are hand-drawn online using a mouse, stored as graphic images, and watermarked with Doc. Number: 91260 (See Key)

OVER 100 SIGNATURES
    AUTHOR: oppose opposed Contact
    RECIPIENT: To whom it may concern
    SIGNATURES: 179 HITS: 32767 MESSAGES: 6

AUTHOR'S MESSAGE

PETITION TEXT
    We specify and OPPOSE ''Vote Yes on Dream Act''

By signing we, the undersigned, are lending our public voice to the effort of opposing the specified petition. Which is to say we disagree with its pretext or supposition, believe that it is misrepresentative of fact, or, that we oppose the cause for which it seeks, or, that we refuse to support the individuals or ideals within it and, as the case may be, support the inverse or opposite position posited by the specified petition.
    <div align="center">" Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore "
    </div>

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    Problem is...once they turned thehttp://www.myspace.com/psychoi89 in....most of the signatures didn't count unless you were a registered voter. I was a registered voter but I was registered Independant and in that state....it didn't count unless you were registered Dem Or Rep. So most of those http://www.myspace.com/psychoi89 didn't count.

Oh, good point!!!! Of course we will have to find out the legalities some way, but you may just have hit on a very good weapon for us to use.

are you talking to your self or what....?

I dont think any online petitions count .... I might be wrong ???

I was surprised by this little tid-bit of info. I was an ADULT. They signed up for voters and they asked the typical questions....problem is...when I signed up as an Independant....they NEVER told me I couldn't vote in a primary or have my vote count on any petitions in my town, school or anything else. So there are alot of people voting on things....problem is...there vote don't count. I was a Ross Perot fan....lived in Florida at the time.....Florida was a huge Perot fan....non of those votes counted. Florida was a Dem OR Rep state. My vote didn't count for the side-walks for the school.....nothing. Registered voter....American citizen....there isn't a country wide rule about that. Now that might not seem like a big thing.....but truth is...government goes from the ground up....if you can't vote as an Independant on who is in the school board....not in primaries....then you are left to choose between the less of 2 evils only on the presidential election. Nothing more. Sorry....I went to school....I never thought that could be....but it is.

So...before you sign up for Independant or any other party....find out what your state rules are.