Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Count:

You do present a sobering picture.

But I still believe we can get some positive action on this, provided of course (there always is a but) that themajority of the American people start to raise the devil about it.

That's the part that scares me. . . apathetic Americans who won't get off their duffs and take a stand - BECAUSE IT HASN'T HIT THEM IN THE FACE YET!!!!

Too many people want this whole thing to "just go away", so they can get back to their big screen TV, football games, etc. They haven't figured out that IT'S NOT GOING AWAY!

I fear that the time is coming fast for every American to make a choice. And people are going to get hurt by the choices that are made.

These marchers are getting braver, pushier, and more aggressive. It's a horrible powderkeg and the weather is really going to be hot this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by CheyenneWoman
    Count:

You do present a sobering picture.

But I still believe we can get some positive action on this, provided of course (there always is a but) that themajority of the American people start to raise the devil about it.

That's the part that scares me. . . apathetic Americans who won't get off their duffs and take a stand - BECAUSE IT HASN'T HIT THEM IN THE FACE YET!!!!

Too many people want this whole thing to "just go away", so they can get back to their big screen TV, football games, etc. They haven't figured out that IT'S NOT GOING AWAY!

I fear that the time is coming fast for every American to make a choice. And people are going to get hurt by the choices that are made.

These marchers are getting braver, pushier, and more aggressive. It's a horrible powderkeg and the weather is really going to be hot this summer.
    I have a relatively small circle of friends with whom I can discuss such things.

You know what? None, and I mean NONE of them wants to hear anything about this. I don't know if it's because they're too confortable with their life, or that they fear being attacked as racists if they speak up.

But the fact remains that none of these people is going to lift a finger to do anything about the invasion, even though it's going to have devastating effects on the lives of their children and grandchildren. I 'm afraid that this is far more common that we like to think, and the politicians know it.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by CountFloyd
    Quote Originally Posted by the_patriot
    THey over played their hand in May. Lets hope they do it again. It will only benefit us.

Any march of this sort should benefit us.
    Much as I'd like to agree with you, I think the evidence says otherwise.

Who were the featured speakers at the recent, corporate sponsored La Raza racefest? Why former President Clinton for the Democrats, and the Brain of Bush, Karl Rove for the Republicans.

What's happened on the amnesty front since the last marches? Well, the Senate has passed full amnesty, and while it looked like the House would stand firm, along came Mike Pence with his amnesty plan, which apparently is gaining favor.

The only people the marchers are ticking off are the lowly US citizens, and nobody cares what they think.
    I see where you are coming from, but the May rally's really pissed off a lot of Americans. So much to the point that a lot of AMericans who didn't know anything about the issue or ignored it, saw it put right in their face and now they are extremely upset and want something done.

The people of this country are the ones who will make their voice heard and right now, it is a growing voice that is telling our government to fix illegal immigration, secure our borders and zero amnesty.

Just like what happened in NC, we need to keep this pressure going throughout the entire country. As more and more cities and states start enacting laws, it puts a lot of pressure on the federal government.

We just need to keep working hard and making our voice heard.

We can and will be successful if we continue to work hard and together.

why cant we Americans do the same? If they think
    their 500K march in L.A. was impressive, let them see the number
    of citizens who are really pissed with this situation.

The most aggravating fact is that when we put out a couterprotest,
    some of them have used violence to intimmidate anyone standing on their way.

Those people want to be heard but God forbid if you are on the other side.

Scary

CountFloyd wrote:

You know what? None, and I mean NONE of them wants to hear anything about this. I don't know if it's because they're too confortable with their life, or that they fear being attacked as racists if they speak up.
    I have the same problem. Not one single family member or friend is interested in discussing illegal immigration -- even the one's who are against it!

The best I can figure out is that it comes down to the dreaded PC issue. Everybody's so afraid of being considered racist, that they just stay away from the subject.

As long as anti-illegal immigration is viewed as a racist agenda, we have nothing but an uphill battle on our hands. Somehow, some way, anti-illegal immigration adovcates MUST shed this reputation of being racist and xenophobic. Americans need to view us as patriots who are fighting to save THEIR butts, as opposed to racist xenophobes who are looking to denegrate an entire race.

Sadly, the drive-by media (as Rush Limbaugh calls them) aren't doing us any favors. Illegal aliens are the darlings of the media, and are painted as peaceful, humble victims.

We really need to work on getting rid of this false racist image of us and the Minutemen and any other antil-illegal immigration advocates. It's not fair, it's not true, and it's really hurting us.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    Americans need to view us as patriots who are fighting to save THEIR butts, as opposed to racist xenophobes who are looking to denegrate an entire race.
    I think it's a mistake to use the word "patriot".

That's another in the long list of words the left has changed to mean "meanspirited, xenophobic, white racist bigot".

It's sad, but it's also true. The people on the other side have, after all, been working on this for over forty years.

CountFloyd wrote:
    Yep. Not PC. I can think of a few more words that the pro open borders people would like to see become unpolitically correct.

1. Citizen
    2. Border
    3. Legal
    4. Amnesty
    5. Felon
    6. English
    7. Welfare
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

CountFloyd wrote:
    Yep. Not PC. I can think of a few more words that the pro open borders people would like to see become unpolitically correct.

1. Citizen
    2. Border
    3. Legal
    4. Amnesty
    5. Felon
    6. English
    7. Welfare
    I think that the first four words on your list have already been banned from the vocabulary of the elites, and number 6 hasn't got long to live.

CountFloyd wrote:
    I think that the first four words on your list have already been banned from the vocabulary of the elites, and number 6 hasn't got long to live.
    Yeah, number 6 is on it's last dying breath.

CountFloyd wrote:

Sadly, the drive-by media (as Rush Limbaugh calls them) aren't doing us any favors. Illegal aliens are the darlings of the media, and are painted as peaceful, humble victims.
    I believe that the reason they are viewed in this light is because their 'marchs' go uncontested for the most part. I realize it is an issue because of work schedules, but Sept 2 is a Saturday and imagine if even several hundred anti-illegal immigration folks, lining the sidewalks of LA, with bullhorns, flags, signs, insisting that our laws be enforced and that they return to Mexico. I think we'd see the 'other side' of these folks, their true intentions, and the msm could no longer ignore. Heck, all hell might break lose, but at least American would see their true colors.

I would also like to see some folks in LA, or anywhere they close down cities, who are affected every time they shut down the city, take legal action against the city for allowing them to gather in numbers that greatly exceed local LE's ability to control. This is a risk to our national security, not to mention there must be many who are affected, can't get to work, can't open their businesses?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast