Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegals are swarming our block this summer

As I drive around, the ONE thing that seems to bring many of them to our neighborhood is the home improvement crowd. On my block alone, there is a roof being fixed, a home getting a total 2nd floor, add-ons, new siding, new fences, tears downs -- down the street old homes are being knocked down and homes selling for at least 1.2 million are being thrown up in a matter of months .... all by guess who -- illegals. There must be 50+ of them on our block alone with their work vans parked everywhere.

This is work being contracted not by huge construction firms, but by your fellow Americans. Want that 2nd floor addition? Hire a cheap team of illegal alien workers to get it done.

I feel we're being sold out also by our own American neighbors who are reaping the savings by hiring illegals. This is totally difficult to enforce as well. Most of it just gets paid for under the table with undoubtedly no taxes paid whatsoever.

And then I get to worry that one of these goons will decide to wander on over later at night and break into MY house, or some other he's had his eye on all day.

Get the name of the construction people and turn them in. Call your govenor, your senator and your congressmen. See if you see any infractions. If you do call the police.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

They don't get building permits around here and they do sub-standard work. They add second stories to frames that can't support the weight and the house starts buldging in the middle. Also, they put obviously stolen brick fassads on the front of their houses. Makes it look like an all brick from the street and it's mismatched brick.

It's bad.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We had an awful experience with contractors here in NJ, they dropped off illegals at our house who did such shoddy work! We are still having problems a year later with certain things like plumbing. We withheld the last check to the company and wrote the BBB about them but have not reported them about the illegals. Who do we contact about that? Since then, we will ONLY hire Legals to do work here & will gladly pay higher costs for English speaking workers. Oh, and one of them stole a video camera from our house too because it mysteriously went missing. Stupid they were because it was a camera from England with different settings and it's basically worthless if you do not know how to convert it or use an adapter for the charger.

Also, they put obviously stolen brick fassads on the front of their houses. Makes it look like an all brick from the street and it's mismatched brick.
    Those are most likely left over brick on jobs that they have done and the builder would rather give them away to these guys so they'll haul em off instead of having to pay someone move them. I know, these are the same kind of people that I have to compete with nowadays thanks to the great "decider"....
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

That is third world Dixie. So who gets sued when the buildings fall down?
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Are building permits required? If so, call the building inspector for your area and insist that he check all this work out. If he doesn't, report him to HIS bosses with the admonishment that the next call will be to TV and radio stations.

I'm not familar with the construction industry, but I think that companies and/or employees are supposed to be bonded. If they aren't and they trip on your front steps and knock out their teeth, they can sue big time.

I think that is true. I just know that the first thing I asked when I call a company is "are you bonded?"