Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by AlturaCt
    Thanks CG! Very helpful!

Akin to #7 I would also add sob stories.
    Yes, CG, thank you!

Altura,

That's called an, "appeal to pity." When someone really doesn't have a leg to stand on (like our opponents ), he often resorts to an appeal; that is, he appeals to emotion instead of reason.

It's an attempt to get you feeling instead of thinking, because if you start thinking, you may start thinking for yourself. The MSM does this constantly when it comes to coverage of the illegal immigration subject.

Almost any newspaper article on illegal immigration will make an appeal to pity something like this:

Widowed Maria Vargas, who works two jobs and sews her own clothes, only entered our country illegally to make a better life for her baby girl.

By focusing our emotions on the plight of the individual, the author distracts from the overall effect of millions of Maria Vargases.

When I can see through their arguments, it makes me get less emotional, because I know the tricks they are up to.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by TheInquisitor
    and don't forget i have a major in poli sci. so i know of the tactics. you can also see them in the pro-life and pro-chice movements. you name it, you find them there. those of us from both side of the issue that really know the subject know these tactics. thanks for the refresh course. didn't need it. but thanks anyway.
    This troll gave us a nice textbook example of #2 from CG's original post, don't you think?

Thank you, troll.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInquisitor
    you do know you guys also do this? the info is known to any person that took any poli sci class. and don't forget i have a major in poli sci. so i know of the tactics. you can also see them in the pro-life and pro-chice movements. you name it, you find them there. those of us from both side of the issue that really know the subject know these tactics.

thanks for the refresh course. didn't need it. but thanks anyway. you are still going down btw.
    Wow, threatened by a college undergrad who can't even manage basic grammar, as demonstrated by his other posts. I'm quaking in my boots!

As you ought to be Crocket - as your ought to be :P :P :P

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    I'm quaking in my boots!
    CG,

Glad to hear you are wearing your boots becuase the trolls are filling the place up.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by CheyenneWoman
    I do believe he's on the "Do illegals work off the books" thread.
    Hmmmmm
    Maybe yes and then again, maybe no.

Could have gotten some of those FORGED DOCS, don't ya know

What is it Inq?

ILLEGAL w/forged docs? OR ILLEGAL working off the books?

Come on little fella........inquiring minds want to know.

Butttttt, being from NY, one could take a fairly solid educated guess.
    I'lllllllllllllllll say-----FORGED DOCS from under the overpass. No, wait----the bodega! Yup, that's it. You're too cool for the underpass route. Bodega it is
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    I'm quaking in my boots!
    CG,

Glad to hear you are wearing your boots becuase the trolls are filling the place up.

Dixie
    I was born in boots. They're great for squishing varmints.

I just found this post. So much goes on here it is impossible to read everything unless you live here constantly.
    Thank you CrocketsGhost for those pointers. I saved and printed it for future reference.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jean
    I just found this post. So much goes on here it is impossible to read everything unless you live here constantly.
    Thank you CrocketsGhost for those pointers. I saved and printed it for future reference.
    You're most welcome. I'm glad to be of service.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    I'm quaking in my boots!
    I was born in boots. They're great for squishing varmints.
    Yep, boots are for take'n care of business.

Dixie

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast