Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

This guy doesn't know much about history, that's for sure. All of these old folks just wants things to be like they were in the 50's, when we were prosperous. Well all of these people don't realize that the rich were taxed appropriately back then. Now, the rich have all of these loopholes that prevent them from paying their fair share. If I have 30 million sitting in my bank right now, who cares if the government took half of it, I still have 15 million!! I just LOVE how republicans have tricked their low income constituents into making the rich richer, while they get poorer. The poor actually defends these people.

Tell me, where is that trickle down that was supposed to happen? Remember? If we make the rich richer, then it will trickle down to us. This guy needs to be reminded what it is like being poor, and get off his high horse.
    Don't think about all the things you fear, just be glad you're here.

I have to somewhat agree with Darth on this. The monies the rich are spared from taxation are no longer reinvested in the American economy, IMO. The NWO and Global economy is where that money goes more often than not. Trickle down is now trickle around the world, to the detriment of American workers.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We're all tired of a government that has lost it's way. Good news is, we are on the way to taking it back and they are running scared.

Regarding the rich, never forget that it is the rich that create jobs. One day, I would like to be rich. It's the American way. It's our government that creates an environment that forces many of our jobs to be shipped overseas. It's our government that creates so much regulation and red tape that forces business to look elsewhere for a more business friendly location. The only thing government needs to do to get our economy back on track is to get the hell out of the way and let Americans do what they've always done...prosper!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Darth wrote
    This guy doesn't know much about history, that's for sure. All of these old folks just wants things to be like they were in the 50's, when we were prosperous.
    Nice to know that 63 is classified as old folks. Whose history are you talking about the Progressive's or the history that many lived and remember. At 64 I was a child in the 50's and became an adult in the 60's and if we yearn for the 50's it all goes back to what we baby boomers think of as being prosperous. To many of us achieving the American Dream made America prosperous. The time when the Democrat Party stood for the average working man. It was not all about making millions. It was a time when Americans worked in the fields, in factory's, in construction, etc. The American Dream was to have a family, own a home and put your kids through college and to be able to save for our retirement.

The 50's was a time when Americans were proud to be American. We had our culture our language and we were proud.

We are the ones that know and understand what America has lost. It is more than you and others like you are able to comphrehend. Taking from the rich and giving to the poor (distributing the wealth) will not give back to America what once made it great or prosperous.

Nice to know that 63 is classified as old folks
    Oh Lord, I'm so sorry. Didn't mean any offense. My dad says "I know I got old the day my AARP info showed up in the mail." Heck, I'm 35 and I feel old and tired!

My point was, in the 50's and 60's when things were VERY prosperous, one of the main reasons was the rich were taxed appropriately. The money DID trickle down to your parents. Now, the rich just get richer on the backs of poor people.

Let's look at this economy, and how business have adjusted. My wife is a good example. 2 years ago, they laid people off and froze pay raises. Today, the business is back to normal, but once they figured out that they can increase their profits by continuing to screw the employees, they kept it that way. My wife gets more and more responsibility, yet gets no reward.

The majority of companies are following this line of thought. Did American companies in the 50's and 60's screw their employees like they do today? These corporations are in control of this country. Do you think those CEO's that are taking advantage of us are rich or poor? Why do you think they actually care about you? Our politicians do everything they can to protect these criminals.

As far as the rich creating jobs, that sounds like something Beck would say. The rich are given many chances, because they can fund ideas and create jobs themselves. The problem is that the rich are A. corrupt and only care about money and themselves, B. go overseas to save money, and C. do not share profits with their employees. I think our illegal immigrant problem is the perfect example of the rich screwing us.

Also, jobs are created by supply and demand. When there is a demand for something... jobs are created. Rich people or big Corporations only create new jobs when the demand for THEIR goods or services goes UP.

The rich put us in this mess to begin with, and these CEO's are STILL getting millions of dollars in bonuses, FOR SCREWING OUR ECONOMY!! Why do people actually defend that? Again, it is time for the rich to pay their FAIR share and pay the tax rates of the 1950's and 60's, when our country was prosperous, and not allow any loopholes.
    Don't think about all the things you fear, just be glad you're here.

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    I'm 52 and still hard as a rock, I've been a roofer for 26 long yrs. Me I like a stand up fight stand toe to toe, blow for blow. I 'm in my prime. And I ain't layin' for nobody.Only thing I'm tired of is all the cloak and dagger crap our gov.' been pullin' for too many yrs. All illegals medicare cards start 856 and I was just informed that they also were told to use this no.# as a I.D. number. My black friend said " The only thing wrong with Obama is,he's half white" I had to laugh.E-verify now I don't even know if that's going to work. Stop letting contractors work on your house if they use illegals, at the fast food place pipe up "hey can I get, somebody over here, that speaks English" Locally protest establishments that use em', everyone who still have jobs file exempt on your W-2's this would collapse our gov. in 2wks. No taxation, without representation. My Mom and Grandma are Tea Party people, Bless they're little hearts. I'm a Beer Party person(not Bud Light) Don't worry ya'all I'm not tired I'm just gettin' started!
    steve, I like your style. couldn't agree with you more.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Reading about or reviewing history does not hold a candle to actually having lived and breathed that time and that place

Quote Originally Posted by escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry
    Darth wrote
    This guy doesn't know much about history, that's for sure. All of these old folks just wants things to be like they were in the 50's, when we were prosperous.
    Nice to know that 63 is classified as old folks. Whose history are you talking about the Progressive's or the history that many lived and remember. At 64 I was a child in the 50's and became an adult in the 60's and if we yearn for the 50's it all goes back to what we baby boomers think of as being prosperous. To many of us achieving the American Dream made America prosperous. The time when the Democrat Party stood for the average working man. It was not all about making millions. It was a time when Americans worked in the fields, in factory's, in construction, etc. The American Dream was to have a family, own a home and put your kids through college and to be able to save for our retirement.

The 50's was a time when Americans were proud to be American. We had our culture our language and we were proud.

We are the ones that know and understand what America has lost. It is more than you and others like you are able to comphrehend. Taking from the rich and giving to the poor (distributing the wealth) will not give back to America what once made it great or prosperous.
    MontereySherry....how right you are.

Unless one has lived in and through the 50's you cannot appreciate that space in time.

Prosperous? If you were poor, no one knew, because everyone was in the same boat. I remember...........

One car garages or maybe no garage
    Houses with one bathroom with one tub! Can you imagine!
    Leave your doors open 24 hours a day and never have to worry.
    Get into trouble at school and it was worse when you got home...and yes the principal did have a paddle and he was allowed to use it.
    Female teachers wore dresses and male teachers wore suits.
    Saturday was bed changing day and Monday was wash day.
    Every man removed his hat when the national anthem was played.
    You might have to walk a mile one way to school!
    No kid I kept company with was was allowed to sleep till noon
    We were taught to address our elders as "Mr." and "Mrs."
    Everyone in our family actually sat down around a table and ate together
    The only people that had tatoos were the soldiers returning from thee war.
    If you were caught swearing, you were always threatened to have your mouth washed out with soap.....never knew anybody who suffered the fate.
    I learned please, thank you and excuse me shortly after I learned to talk.
    As kids we never learned from the progressives what "our so called rights" were. You listened to and obeyed your parents....and no one, including the government wedged their way between you and Mom & Dad.

We all earned our way....Dad, Mom your brothers, your sisters, your cousins everybody Responsibility for ones actions was assumed, no free lunches, no free anything.

Would I like to bring the 50's back you bet I would. They will never
    be back. We have allowed the nanny state.....we should have been careful what we wished for and we allowed.
    None of the above have one thing to do with those " wicked, rich people" There was a different set of morals, and respect then....a different attitude about personal responsibility, a different attitude about honesty, integrity and what I was taught. "Your word is your bond" And, there was none of this crap about what the government, the corporations or anybody else owed any of us.

PROSPERITY ?....PLEASE...

really I really have to laugh. My father died young in 1964...his "union" passed the hat and gave my mother $162.00 when he died. My dad had a $5,000.00 life insurance policy and my mother had my eleven year old brother to raise, with no widows pension. Prosperity in the 50's and 60's??? Surely you jest

I have done a "180" from my fathers political philosophy. He worshipped Roosevelt and adored Kennedy. NO THANK YOU

escalade wrote
    None of the above have one thing to do with those " wicked, rich people" There was a different set of morals, and respect then....a different attitude about personal responsibility, a different attitude about honesty, integrity and what I was taught. "Your word is your bond" And, there was none of this crap about what the government, the corporations or anybody else owed any of us.

You are absolutely right. My point about history and memories. They have been fed these liberal progressive ideas for to long. Unfortunately they don't really understand what the American culture is all about.

From an article in American Thinker by Steve McCann which can be read here:
    http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/07/ ... n_rul.html

The framers of the Constitution of the United States understood the basic nature of human beings. They accordingly set forth a form of government and a written Constitution to greatly limit those who seek hegemony over the people. They acknowledged that the success and future of the Republic was dependent on the honor and integrity of its leaders and citizens. As John Adams wrote, "Our Constitution was made for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast