Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I'm Just Curious

I'm 48, a registered Republican, have voted in every election, local, state, national, since I turned 18. In all those years, I always voted Republican, always. Until, the 2004 election, when I voted for Michael Peroutka of the Constitution Party. The reason? Illegal immigration. I'm wondering how many of you "Republicans" are willing to vote against your party in this year's mid-term elections (even if it means losing control of Congress), if the Republicans don't enact serious, immediate action, to stop illegal immigration? I for one, have written the RNC and told them exactly that. I'd just like to know, if the Republican party really needs to be concerned about it's stance on illegal immigration.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

I've had no party affiliation for 20 years. Mostly have voted republican. I checked out the Constitution party. Met Howard Phillips. BUT...the Constitution party even got Jack Abramoff money and is cozy with the K St. gang. It's hard to escape the powers that be.

Basically, we have NO representation.
    Want to make people angry? Lie to them.
    Want to make them absolutely livid? Tell 'em the truth."

http://towncriernews.blogspot.com/

Basically, we have NO representation.

true-
    iam a registered democrat and I see that neither party is up to any good in oregon- they betray americans for the same and different reasons.

Just Curious

I don't want to get off topic and I haven't heard anything about the Constitution Party and Abramoff money (although it would be money wasted, as the CP doesn't hold any offices), but here is the Constitution Party's official stance on immigration as per their website:

Immigration

We affirm the integrity of the international borders of the United States and the Constitutional authority and duty of the federal government to guard and to protect those borders, including the regulation of the numbers and of the qualifications of immigrants into the country.

Each year approximately one million legal immigrants and almost as many illegal aliens enter the United States. These immigrants - including illegal aliens - have been made eligible for various kinds of public assistance, including housing, education, Social Security, and legal services. This unconstitutional drain on the federal Treasury is having a severe and adverse impact on our economy, increasing the cost of government at federal, state, and local levels, adding to the tax burden, and stressing the fabric of society. The mass importation of people with low standards of living threatens the wage structure of the American worker and the labor balance in our country.

We oppose the abuse of the H-1B and L-1 visa provisions of the immigration act which are displacing American workers with foreign.

We favor a moratorium on immigration to the United States, except in extreme hardship cases or in other individual special circumstances, until the availability of all federal subsidies and assistance be discontinued, and proper security procedures have been instituted to protect against terrorist infiltration.

We also insist that every individual group and/or private agency which requests the admission of an immigrant to the U.S., on whatever basis, be required to commit legally to provide housing and sustenance for such immigrants, bear full responsibility for the economic independence of the immigrants, and post appropriate bonds to seal such covenants.

The Constitution Party demands that the federal government restore immigration policies based on the practice that potential immigrants will be disqualified from admission to the U.S. if, on the grounds of health, criminality, morals, or financial dependence, they would impose an improper burden on the United States, any state, or any citizen of the United States.

We oppose the provision of welfare subsidies and other taxpayer-supported benefits to illegal aliens, and reject the practice of bestowing U.S. citizenship on children born to illegal alien parents while in this country.

We oppose any extension of amnesty to illegal aliens. We call for the use of U.S. troops to protect the states against invasion.

We oppose bilingual ballots. We insist that those who wish to take part in the electoral process and governance of this nation be required to read and comprehend basic English as a precondition of citizenship. We support English as the official language for all governmental business by the United States.

http://www.constitutionparty.com/party_ ... mmigration

75 views so far, on this topic and not one republican has spoken up. I'm beginning to think that Bush is correct in thinking that he doesn't have to pay attention to us.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Registered republican from 18 years old and on, but am truly tired of the baloney that they are pulling when it comes to illegal immigration. Definitely do not want a democrat for that, so we need to have a new party I think (I'm being serious).

Oregon seems to be almost the worse (except Massachussets!!). The democrats have held the governors office for a while now and it has just made a mess of things here, all they care about is people other than Oregonians, like the illegals.

I personally would vote for someone other than a republican, but will maintain my republican status for the primaries, other than someone that truly wants immigration reform that is not republican, they would be my next choice if there's no one else.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I've been a registered Republican since 1968 and I have mostly voted for republican candidates for federal offices but once in awhile someone else's view on an issue sways me to vote for a democrat or even a third party candidate.

That being said, the 2004 election was a nightmare for me. I wasn't overly pleased with the way things were going but the Democrats ran the worst possible candidate as far as I was concerned because I will never vote for a man who dissed our military to be their commander in chief. Like a dope, I let people talk me out of voting for a third party candidate for the presidency even though I didn't like either of the choices. Therefore, my vote was not FOR Bush but against Kerry, if that makes any sense.

We have some important decisions to make for 2006 and 2008. I will never vote for a major party candidate again if I don't like what they stand for. Illegal immigration is my main issue and some of the things others think are very important mean little or nothing to me.

The Constitution Party, the Libertarians, and a zillion other parties exist. The Libertarian platform supports open borders. Therefore I probably won't be voting Libertarain. If the Constitution Party runs someone who looks reasonable, I might would vote for that person.

I will be changing my affiliation between now and November and I won't be voting in any primary because the candidates they are running are the very candidates I want out of office. I'm looking around, you can be sure of that.

I am sick and tired of getting jerked around by people who are little better than criminals sitting in government offices.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm registered Republican, but will vote for whomever I believe will do the best job... I don't think just because your republican, means u can only vote republican.

Look at George Bush, how many republicans would vote for him if they knew then, what they know now?

I voted for Michael Peroutka in 2004 and I'm a consultant to GOP campaigns.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just Curious

I too, will keep my Republican registration, just so I can vote in the primaries and try to influence the Party, but I will not vote for a Republican in the general election, unless it's someone like Tom Tancredo, who has exhibited a real interest in securing our borders and enforcing our laws.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

William, I intended to vote for your guy only to go to the polls and find out he wasn't on the ballot. Why was that, does anyone know?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast