Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I'm no economist, but this bothers me..

Ok, isn't it Delphi auto parts that is closing, laying off 30,000 workers?
    Now it's going to move overseas, for cheaper labor...like everything else here!

So, here's what I do not get...OUR American companies, go overseas for cheap labor....leaving OUR American workers without work...

OUR American companies bring in illegals/legals for cheap labor....not hiring American workers.

Do these American companies really expect Americans to purchase high priced items, when we have no jobs?

Do they think they can get $25,000 for a car in Mexico, India, China?

Where do they think the American citizens will get money to pay home loans, insurances, and health care, plus the basics?

I know they don't care about us, but if they cannot sell their products to us, who do they think will buy them?
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Maybe the only thing that can straighten up this horrific mess is a great big massive depression. Maybe if our economy falls flat on it's butt we can solve a lot of these problems. We'll have to suffer through it, but it's better than becoming mexicanized.

Great Depression 2, anyone??

We have some serious problems here, when the president no longer addresses the american people, the senate is passing bills that absolutely are not in the best interest of the american people, the media refuses to show anything that is going on, something is terribly wrong. I am more concerned about what is not being said than what is being said.

these 'corporate citizens' apparently have dual citizenship. In my opinion, any 'corporate citizen' of this country that exports itself to a foreign country for cheap slave labor should be restricted from laundering their goods back to the United States OR pay a severe import tax that would offset the windfall -- eventually they will learn it's cheaper to stay home
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Ain't it the truth

Joe Smith started the day early having set his alarm clock (MADE IN
    JAPAN) for 6am. While his coffeepot (MADE IN CHINA) was perking, he
    shaved with his electric r azor (MADE IN HONG KONG). He put on a dress
    shirt (MADE IN SRI LANKA), designer jeans (MADE IN SINGAPORE) and tennis
    shoes (MADE IN KOREA ). After cooking his breakfast in his new electric
    skillet (MADE IN INDIA) he sat down with his calculator (MADE IN MEXICO)
    to see how much he could spend today. After setting his watch (MAD E IN
    TAIWAN) to the radio (MADE IN INDIA) he got in his car ( MADE IN
    GERMANY)! filled it with GAS from Saudi Arabia and continued his search
    for a good paying AMERICAN! JOB. At the end of yet another discouraging
    and fruitless day checking his Computer (Made In Malaysia), Joe decided
    to relax for a while. He put on his sandals (MADE IN BRAZIL) poured
    himself a glass of wine (MADE IN FRANCE) and turned on his TV (MADE IN
    INDONESIA), and then wondered why he can't find a good paying job
    in........AMERICA......
    We call things racism just to get attention.We reduce complicated problems to racism,not because it is racism, but because it works
    AlfredoGutierrez

I'm no economics major either and this really has me concerned. How can they keep sending jobs out and bringing cheap labor in without destroying us. It's like it's exactly what they want to do. I beleive they want our homes and land and are willing to do whatever they can to get them back or in the hands of a select few. They are doing insane things with the eminent domain. All for tax dollars. The are raising taxes. Messing with the necessities of life and it has me scared. I don't think I could handle a depression when I know there's not a light at the end of the tunnel. Personally I'm tired of the survival mode and am painfully aware it could be worse than I know how to handle.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

For two long agonizing years the shanty has been toaster-less.

Despite my intense yearning for toasted bread to create a yummy sandwhich or to accompany the 8 fried eggs awaiting consumption, a toaster eludes me.

At times, in fits of desperation, I have used the oven's broiler setting to create toast but it heats the house too much in summer and is a general pain in the proverbial derrier due to having to monitor the slow progress of toasting to ensure a proper level of toasting of the soon-to-be toast.

"But, Obbop..... why dontcha' just wander down to the local toaster selling store and buy one?," I can hear the assembled multitude shout out in bewilderment.

Well, yah' see, as an official crotchety old fart living in a humble shanty, it is my duty to shun, whenever possible, anything that is not made in the USA. Or, at least, partially made in the USA since components can come from pert' near anywhere.

For two long agonizing toaster-less years I have wandered the aisles of a multitude of retail outlets, picking up toasters and seeking that ever elusive "Made in the USA" stamping. Alas, such a label is not seen.

Until my squinty eyes land upon such a label the toaster will be placed back on the shelf and my lard-laden corpulent aged body composed of trillions of individual lifeforms called cells working semi-harmoniously together forming a complete self-aware life form will wander away in disgust at the realization that a country such as the USA is incapable of fabricating its own electrically-powered toaster of bread.

Sniff.

How the mighty has fallen.

I predict that future historians may date the beginning of the fall of the American Empire when a made-in-the-USA toaster became extinct.

Perhaps it is time for the entrprenuerilly-minded to create a massive manufacturing facility to again build the multitude of goodies that bear the "Made in USA" label then market those items bragging about being the only American-based seller of said goodies.

obbop
    Congrats on the new avatar. I was real tired of that other one.

You're just gonna have to yard sale more for your toaster.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ya.....made in the USA....history. I do try though. I was REALLY ticked when I bought a fan once. Said made in the US on the box. Unfortunatly it was stamped made in China on the fan. Guess they expect this great nation to thrive on box making. Come to think of it....that may be outsourced too since I haven't seen a fan box like that one since.

Obbop....thanks for the new avitar. I know it broke your heart to part with your buddy.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Mamie
    these 'corporate citizens' apparently have dual citizenship. In my opinion, any 'corporate citizen' of this country that exports itself to a foreign country for cheap slave labor should be restricted from laundering their goods back to the United States OR pay a severe import tax that would offset the windfall -- eventually they will learn it's cheaper to stay home
    I so agree. I think there should be very harsh penalties for leaving, fines for every year they continue to manufacture out of the country ans high tariffs if they ship it back into country.

Much like employers to illeglas, if you make it expensive and an undesirable practice then it will stop.

LOL Obbop I really feel for ya. I am a big toast fan as well. And oven toast just isn't the same at all. Have you thought of a small voen toaster? So that it does not heat the house up so bad? I have no idea is there are any of those made in the US either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast