Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Imagine what our children are going through in the classroom

My heart goes out to all of you who have children in school. My children are grown and never had to contend with this problem when they went to school in the seventies and eighties ...My daughter is now a second grade teacher in a school district located in Orange County California. Most the children that go to the school where she teaches, are the children of illegals, or they are illegal themselves. She told me the other day she had to wear her long hair tied up because of the constant problem of head lice in the classroom. Another thing, the parents of the children don't take education seriously and consider school just a baby sitter. They think nothing of keeping their children out of school for no reason at all. Then sometimes she get a few children who do pretty well in the classroom, and then all the sudden that child doesn't show up anymore because the parents are illegal and often don't stay in one place for very long. I was thinking how it must feel for our American children now days having to deal with being in a classroom of children who speak no english or very little english.

I just don't get it. I grew up in the Bay Area and during grade school in the 80's when kids would come from foreign countries (most were from the Asian countries then) they went to ESL and learned English. The kids assimilated and were some of the best students in class. They became just like any other American. I don't understand why the change and why people from south of the border can't do the same as these people did. I'm sure it was a hardship to come here then and that many sacrifices and hard work took place to become a citizen. Today all I hear are excuses of it's too hard and they are too poor. Waaaaaaah, too bad. Get in line you lazy people or get out.

Most parents dont see whats going on in the classroom. Out here we are seeing some parents waking up; not much that can be done. The public schools see it as a way to fill more seats.

This year in the Chapel Hill Carrboro schools they want to cut gifted programs and pay for more ESL resources. There is no doubt the schools have suffered since the tsunami of illegal immigration in North Carolina. Gets worse every year.

Heard this from a parent a few weeks ago. Many of the hispanic kids are fairly proficient in english, but their parents petition the schools to keep them in ESL so they can continue learning in spanish too. Why should we pay for that?
    287(g) + e-verify + SSN no match = Attrition through enforcement

These are children of people who have broken our laws and show complete disrespect to America. So why should these children show any respect to teachers or children who are legal citizens.

Earlier when immigrants came to America they knew that they had to learn english and respect our laws. Not so now. our courts, our politicans, our law enforcement have shown illegals they don't need to obey laws or respect authority.

This is at the heart of this entire issue of illegal immigration. We are dealing with an entirely different culture of people here, who from research, we know some were raised with different core values. Some of which, I might add, that may be acceptable in their country, but not ours.

This is where our government fails the American people by ignoring to do a study on the very people they are trying to legalize without knowing who they are, insisting they will easily assimilate into our society because they only want what's best for their families.

Assimilation into American society is not an easy process, for any culture. My husband and I were just talking about this last night. If, say for instance, a young man of 20 years old comes into this country from Scotland or Germany, or even Latin America, determined he wants to be an American citizen. He may like this country and it's opportunities, and he may even say he loves it here, but in his heart there will always be the memories he grew up with, good or bad. He may assimilate into our society on the surface, but it will never be in his heart like his place of orign is. Therefore, the result is a lack of respect for this great nation.

I don't think anyone can say they love this country unless they were raised with its history and what it has all stood for. The problem here is that there is such a large number from one cultural group that they don't feel they have to assimilate into our society. Instead, they are trying to force us to give up our core values and assimilate into their way of life. And this is where the conflict comes in. It's not about race, it's about numbers and it's about America trying to hang onto a culture that has made us what we are today.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    This is at the heart of this entire issue of illegal immigration. We are dealing with an entirely different culture of people here, who from research, we know some were raised with different core values. Some of which, I might add, that may be acceptable in their country, but not ours.

This is where our government fails the American people by ignoring to do a study on the very people they are trying to legalize without knowing who they are, insisting they will easily assimilate into our society because they only want what's best for their families.

Assimilation into American society is not an easy process, for any culture. My husband and I were just talking about this last night. If, say for instance, a young man of 20 years old comes into this country from Scotland or Germany, or even Latin America, determined he wants to be an American citizen. He may like this country and it's opportunities, and he may even say he loves it here, but in his heart there will always be the memories he grew up with, good or bad. He may assimilate into our society on the surface, but it will never be in his heart like his place of orign is. Therefore, the result is a lack of respect for this great nation.

I don't think anyone can say they love this country unless they were raised with its history and what it has all stood for. The problem here is that there is such a large number from one cultural group that they don't feel they have to assimilate into our society. Instead, they are trying to force us to give up our core values and assimilate into their way of life. And this is where the conflict comes in. It's not about race, it's about numbers and it's about America trying to hang onto a culture that has made us what we are today.

Excellent Post, tinybobidaho!

Thank you. I just hope our efforts to insist on enforcement and border security will help to reduce the number of illegal immigrants who are here now, and who comes in the future.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Illegals

The reason that they do not bother to learn English is because they want to turn the U.S. into Mexico.

Re: Illegals

Quote Originally Posted by JerryMack
    The reason that they do not bother to learn English is because they want to turn the U.S. into Mexico.
    They are succeeding where I live in southern California~