Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigrants Sneak Through City Storm Drains

SAN DIEGO -- Tightening border security has forced somed illegal immigrants underground, border officials report.

A growing number of illegal immigrants are crawling through San Diego's vermin-infested storm drains to avoid the Border Patrol. The 23-mile system of pipes surfaces in hundreds of storm grates and manhole covers in the industrial Otay Mesa area. Muddy immigrants make their way through the narrow pipes, which often carry toxic industrial sludge. They climb out of manholes and storm grates in Otay Mesa and take public transportation, taxis or are picked up in private vehicles to get from there to downtown San Diego, officials said.

Border agents are have begun working with city engineers to map out the drain system. They plan to install motion sensors along the system to alert agents of movement. City crews have also begun locking or welding shut manhole covers in some areas. NBC 7/39 reported.

"This is probably one of the most dangerous ways a smuggler can try to gain entry," Border Patrol spokesman Kurstan Rosberg told NBC 7/39. "It's a scary feeling, I'm sure, to go through those tunnels. It's pitch black. You can't see your hand in front of your face."

Officials said immigrants pay smugglers between $1,500 and $3,000 to be guided through the drain system.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/9278999/detail.html
    Work together for the benefit of all mankind

Curious ....

Where the heck do these illegals get that amount of money from?

Charming. Bet they smell nice. We should drop those "vermin bombs" used to flush out/poison groundhogs down the manhole covers.

Curious ....

babysitting?
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

drugs and prostitution. Heck, there was even one Mexican couple that was just arrested in a sting operation trying to sell their newborn baby for $50,000. When the "mark" asked the woman if she would have a change of heart and want the baby back later,she said, and I quote, "I can always have more. I don't feel anything for him"
    Quote Originally Posted by breezy
    Curious ....

these people refuse to pay for legal fines to gain citizenship..yet it looks like they can muster up a few thousand dollars to come here illegally. give me a break!!!

Oh my ... they have got to be some sick puppies!

So they get here, and supposedly work cheap? After having a taste of what it is to have that much money?

I can only imagine what this country is in for. And it ain't very pretty!

kev

sad

Its really sad when people resort to actions like those listed.

Who is in control?

And the sad part is they will be citizens. We are in very serious trouble. A 21st Century technological, economic, political, and military superpower about to be merged with a third world filthy, dirty, crime infested, diseased, poverty stricken, uneducated, illiterate, primitive, savage, uncivilized population who has a collective IQ no higher than the fruits and vegetables they pick and are barely capable of anything more than procreating. They use our lawns for commodes, streets for trash bins, and have to use toilet paper with instructions in Spanish so they can practice basic sanitation. And I can have a more intelligent conversation with my cat then these Busheros. I am renewing my passport in a few years, obtaining a visa, and going to Israel where they welcome American Jews. I will not stand by and watch the country I fought for transformed into a slum infested third world barrio.

breezy,

Good question. Some will pay large amounts to be sqeezed into the smallest areas of a car or in freezer trucks.
    Work together for the benefit of all mankind

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast