Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigrants sue U.S. over delays in pre-citizenship security

http://link.toolbot.com/latimes.com/60463

Immigrants sue U.S. over delays in pre-citizenship security checks
    From the Associated Press

February 9, 2007

SAN FRANCISCO — Immigrants who waited years for their citizenship applications to be processed because of lengthy security checks claimed in a lawsuit Thursday that the delays violated their constitutional rights.

The suit, filed in San Francisco federal court against the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security, seeks to enforce laws saying the government should make a decision on a citizenship application within 120 days of the applicant's interview.

The immigrants cleared traditional criminal background checks and other requirements, only to wait years for clearance through the FBI's additional name-check process, the plaintiffs' attorneys said.

Christopher Bentley, spokesman for the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, defended the rigorous background checks as vital to national security.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright 2007 Los Angeles Times | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
    Home Delivery | Advertise | Archives | Contact | Site Map | Help

partners:
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I wonder how many of these unnamed immigrants are East European or Russian in origin, I hear occasional stories of their long waits here too, American families essentially put in limbo for 4-5+ years over procedures that shouldn't take more than months because they(husband and spouse) go through the proper channels and procedures and don't have the right ethnic connections.. and if it weren't for all the illegals coming in and living criminally, draining our infrastructure, we wouldn't have these backlogs.
    The American Conservative

Bail out families, not usurers and speculators.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherJohn
    I wonder how many of these unnamed immigrants are East European or Russian in origin, I hear occasional stories of their long waits here too, American families essentially put in limbo for 4-5+ years over procedures that shouldn't take more than months because they(husband and spouse) go through the proper channels and procedures and don't have the right ethnic connections.. and if it weren't for all the illegals coming in and living criminally, draining our infrastructure, we wouldn't have these backlogs.
    I tell you and I truly believe it. A lot of the people that have long waits. Is because of hiring these worthless money hungry Lawyers. These lawyers are only concerned with the money. They could let the paper work set on there desk for months. But it does say on the embassy web sites for Russia and Also China. The waits could be longer. I did find this out when me and my Wife was waiting on her Visa to come home. That after she clear the clearance part. I would have thought that they would contact the embassy via Email. But they don't. It goes by snail mail. So even after your cleared it could be several weeks before they will be trying to get you an appointment for the interview.
    Heck if you want to hear a good one. I went over to China to go to go the embassy with her in Guangzhou. Well I was talking to an American. WHo had lost his passport and it was the 4 time he had been there and they wasn't going to give him a passport where he could get home. He had already been stuck in China a month past his Departure date.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Our government on every level (and many of their employees) are not exactly the sharpest knives in the drawer either. I (like many Americans) have had to deal with the government on occasion regarding simple matters (at least to anyone with common sense) and no matter what it entails, it becomes this endless cycle of frustration because of outdated practices, repetition, redundant paperwork and plain stupidity on every level.

Michael Chertoff is a fine example of why government can't seem to get anything right and when you have that type of (lack of) leadership, everything falling under their jurisdiction becomes the equivalent of the blind leading the blind.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

These law suits are getting out of hand...before long we will be suing ourselves!

It's another disgusting thing going on here....lousy lawyers!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

The H1Bs should realize that they are visitors here and they should be kicked out for demamding too much. Who in the hell do they think they are? If it takes too long, accept it and wait, if you don't like it, LEAVE!

I'M SICK AND TIRED OF IMMIGRANTS RUNNING OUR COUNTRY. THESE PEOPLE SHOULDN'T HAVE ANY RIGHTS UNTIL THEY GAIN FULL CITIZENSHIP. READ BELOW
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Like I said before in other threads..... FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS will they get my LAND !!!!!!!!!
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.