Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Well said, DonQuixote.

I bet we all have our own "tales of woe" when times were hard. But that does not make us "scum."

If the tale of Gloria is, in fact, true .. she sounds like a hard-working respectable woman who cares about others as well .. evidenced by the details of her Sunday School class teaching and aiding others in need.
    "This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

emiliano

I'm not in charge of it, but I think emilianos' time is up.

The poor dear, illegal alien since she was 12, and never once thought to naturalize. I guess she was holding out for improvement in El Salvador. Remember El salvador was a Republican operation. Now the republican bush wishes amnesty. Love that consistancy. Remember, I support no one that has held power for quite some time now.

I do not want you to think me callous. I am willing in my community, FULL of illegals, to volunteer my time to help with paper work, something I so dislike. The issue is fairness, and the RULE OF LAW, not SCOFFLAW!

Yesterday I asked immigration if the fees could be waived for applying for resident alien status. If after 5 years(this is the requirement for citzenship application) someone does not have the 300 dollars needed to apply, Naturalglenn would be willing to waive that too. There are so many ways to get help for this. There is no excuse. You have to be a registered alien. You can live here the rest of your life and NEVER become an American citizen. You will still qualify for benefits. That is the LAW.

These people have made choices NOT to do it. Many like the fact that they can collect largesse, AND work, and not pay taxes.

It is easy compared to say, Canada. There you must be able to do something no Canadian can. Then the job is advertised for 2 months nationwide.

Or you have to be a political refugee. This too is difficult. Check out the soldier from the US that deserted and fled to Canada. REFUGEE STATUS DENIED!! He faces jail time now he will be coming "home".

Or in the case of Americans you can deposit 200,000 Canadian in their banks and they will give you the application for "landed immigrant status" from Germans I have spoken with it's 400,000 cash or 500,000 invested in a Canadian business.

Or you have family, marry, or are sponsored. The sponsor has to guarantee that he/she will pay all your expenses, no benefits, for 2 years. even if it is your wife or husband.

Emiliano, try moving to CANADA.

A country that is never criticized for what you would call its racist policies.

It is BTW, that. Ask an Indian. Not an East indian, a North American one.
    Quebec is the most equitable parts of Canada, and Frenchmen have a history of amalgamating with the natives wherever they take up.

(Mod Edit: WG)
    "This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

We all knew that he fit in here like a round peg in a square hole.
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

Good job

good job everyone, our conduct was impeccable. GO TEAM! high 5.
    That was good practise, and could be the template for dealing with agitators.

Here's a little tip that I would like to relate,

Many fish bites if ya gots good bait,

Ima goin fishin, Mamas goin fishin

and the babys going fishin too.... TAJ Mahal

EMIL didn't have good bait. g

EMIL didn't have good bait.
    We know a carp(er) when we see one.
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

Emiliano has brought up a good point although he/she is being a bit nasty in the way they are accusing us of blind hatred of immigrants.

Immigration has been an important part of America's fabric and nature. There are many good people that immigrate and some of them come illegally.

The problem is that illegal immigration in the rampant levels we are currently experiencing is creating a backlash against ALL immigration. This overload is also threatening the quality of life and security issues that make people want to come to America.

It is sad and unfortunate that people in other countries suffer from poverty, disease, and war. Americans suffer the same loss and suffering as others although our culture and nation has done one of the best jobs in history of reducing those factors in our nation.

What Emiliano needs to understand is that we can't allow emotion and our hearts desire to wrap our arms around every poor soul on the planet to destroy our ability to even consider the option.

If we do not stay true to the 'rule of law' and the culture, history, laws, and values that made America great in the first place. We may find more of our legal citizens running for safety from the same forces that have damaged other nations.

Emiliano is welcome to discuss America's foreign policy on this board. Our foreign policy and the civil wars of C. America are an important part of the conversation.

But be advised Emiliano, we have to take care of the people that are here legally first and we have to stay true to our values. It is not that we don't care about others or we are cruel but I'm certain you would feed your family before you fed the homeless as well.

We can't handle another 10 million illegal refugees from the third world without America turning more into the kind of place they are fleeing.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

balance

Clemency is the Mark of Greatness.

Good job again.

We need new blood, we need people motivated to improve their own lives.

Remember, people that wanted to keep the status quo in America 231 years ago were known as Tories. We don't want to be that. We aren't that.

We just want every one to get in line, no cutting.

A good friend of mine, his Grandfather waited on Ellis Island, for 2 weeks in his clothes. It is so much easier now, there is no excuse. cheers glenn

cheers glenn

I have no problem with Immigrants, I have problems with Illegal Immigrants.

My friend Victor has been here for 14 years. He went to college( out of state tuition I would like to point out) got a nice job, and married an American woman he met in college. hardly has an accent any longer. Really great guy. Still isn't a citizen.

My friend Samur has been her for 20 years, runs a store, pays his taxes each year, minds his own business, is very smart and nice, he likes to tell me that what he should have done was sneak across the border and get an American woman pregnant, then he would be a citizen by now.

Those are both great people, I could continue with my ex boyfriend from Moldova and his mother, my friends the Mohammeds, the Mexican man who is the father of one of my friends children. They are all LEGAL IMMIGRANTS who have been penalized by following the rules.

I wish we would have some reform of all our immigration laws, not just the ones that apply to the border.

I've been waiting for the right time to do this. In response to the posters discussion about the civil war in El-Salvadore I offer this.

I used to perform this song in front of hundreds of people. If you have not heard this song before, I encourage each of you to seek out a copy.

By the band U2 (my all time favorite) Album: The Joshua Tree (1987) www.yourlyrics.cjb.net
    Performed by my band 1989-1991

'Bullet the blue sky'

In the howling wind comes a stinging rain
    See them driving nails into souls on the tree of pain
    From the firefly, a red orange glow
    See the face of fear running scared in the valley below.

Bullet the blue sky
    Bullet the blue sky
    Bullet the blue
    Bullet the blue

In the locust wind comes a rattle and hum
    Jacob wrestled the angel and the angel was overcome
    Plant a demon seed, you raise a flower of fire
    See them turning crosses, see the flames, higher and higher

Bullet the blue sky
    Bullet the blue sky
    Bullet the blue
    Bullet the blue

Suit and tie comes up to me
    Suit's red like a rose on a thorn bush
    Like all the colours of a royal flush
    And he's peeling of those dollar bills
    (Slapping them down), one hundred, two hundred,
    And I can see those fighter planes
    And I can see those fighter planes
    Across the mud huts as the children sleep
    Through the alleys of a quiet city street
    And take the staircase up to the first floor
    We turn the key and slowly unlock the door
    As a man breathes into a saxophone
    Through the walls we hear the city groan
    Outside is America
    Outside is America

See across the field
    See the sky runs open blue
    See the rain through the gape of the moon
    Howling women shown
    Run into the arms of America
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast