Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I knew Sylvestre Reyes would never vote to exclude the relatives of the majority of the people in his district from entering this country. He knows how much harm this does but he doesn't care. Sometimes I wonder if he isn't a card-carrying member of LaRaza or even the Communist Party.

I'll be sending him a letter to tell him how very disappointed I am in him but I sure am glad that there are others out there who care about American.

Now, on to the senate!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hey can we get a roll call on the passage? I cant find it.

Pro

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2005/roll661.xml

roll call ( I think)

I wrote to Reyes to tell him how disappointed I am.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Found this website that is anti HR4437. http://www.voteforbusiness.com/capconn/ ... lertID=362

Surprise, it is the National Chamber of Commerce, and they think this is bad for businesses.
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

Thank you for the roll call, i wanted to make sure my dumbass Congressman Lewis of California voted the way i wanted. I write that guy so many times and call thier office, they have gotten so use to me they just transfer me to the DC office.

Thanks again,

Pro

More congratulations are in order for all of us. Doesn't this remind you of an end-game in chess? We are slowly-but-surely blocking off every avenue of escape, until these illegals are finally check-mated for good!

Yes Ace....Check Mate in near.

Hoorah!!

Congratulations America for waking up; now stay awake; get your Real Speak fine tuned; and lets give these SOB Traitors HELL until we are 100% satisfaction guaranteed.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Pro, you are welcome.

Mapwife? Are they serious? What in the world is wrong with these people. These days all they have to do is ask for a social security card from the applicant and key in the social security number. How hard can that be? No wonder it sometimes seems like we are beating our heads against a stone wall!

Re: The Immigration and border security bill has passed!

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaConservative
    It's HR-4437. It increases the penalties for employers who hire illegal aliens, it requires homeland security to do everything possible to secure all of America's borders, it makes it so illegal aliens can face jail time for being in America illegally, it allows for a fence along the southwestern part of the border and more and the best part: no guest worker amnesty. I'll post a link to the story when it becomes available. On to the senate!

Victory is sweet.

239-182 was the final vote.
    I suspect the Senate fight will be difficult. The President will push for his Guest Worker Program. Write to you local newpaper voicing your opinion against this program and urge others to contact their Senators.

The House acted Friday to stem the tide of illegal immigration by taking steps to tighten border controls and stop unlawful immigrants from getting jobs. Please contact your Senators and ask them to also support these measures, but NOT the President’s Guest Worker Program. IMO the administration’s program isn’t on the right track.

The President's Guest Worker Program is more about corporate greed, not compassion for illegal immigrants. Do we really need 11 million illegals working at poverty wages ? Do we need 11 million guest workers at any wage ? I think not.

The Senate, like the House, must refuse to adopt the President's Guest Worker Program. Is this what President Bush meant when he said: "Compassion doesn't stop at the border." Is this compassion? or is it corporate greed for cheap labor? To create a caste system of second class citizens who will never be able to rise up the social ladder out of poverty isn't compassion at all. Guest worker programs aren't about Christian compassion, they are about corporate greed.

These people are here illegally. They are employed by companies that take advantage of them. At times, if they are injured on the job, they are denied worker's compensation. Being illegal they are afraid to ask for a living wage, safe working conditions, overtime, etc.

How is it all of these illegals can get work in America ? The federal govt. lacks the will power to "report and deport". The SSA has knowledge of thousands of fraudulent SSNs, but fails to follow up on them.

The GAO has presented findings to Rep. John Hosteller, chairman of the immigration, border security and claims subcommittee that between 1999 and 2003 the number of notices of intent to fine employers for immigration law violations dropped from 417 to three.

Too many elected representatives and federal employees have the same attitude as Republican Rep. Jeff Flake of Arizona, sponsor of a guest worker measure. Without a temporary worker program, he said, "We simply won't enforce the law, and that's the dirty little secret here."

It's no secret the federal govt. has failed to enforce our laws to stem the tide of illegals. That's how the present situation developed. The federal govt. failed to act responsibly.

This week the House passed some stronger measures to secure our borders. It will require employers to use within six years a database to verify Social Security numbers of employees or face civil or criminal penalties for hiring illegal workers. Presently, employers do not need to verify SSNs. Any illegal can successfully use false documents to secure a job in the United States.

I'm thankful for the actions taken by the House. These strong measures will help secure our borders. I hope the Senate agrees with these measures and passes a similar bill, early in 2006.

I urge you to contact your elected representatives in the Senate and urge them to support an immigration bill, without the President’s Guest Worker Program.

of course business thinks immigration reform is bad business - they profit from the illegals- just think how many landlords fund the harvard educations for their kids with rent from illegals-
    Okay only Defazio from ORegon voted for it- all the others who already have an D_ To f report card- ( see oregonians for immigration reform web site)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast