The Imperial President Weighs in on Illegal Immigration

thevirtuousrepublic.com
Posted by themachiavellian

For a nation that prides itself on not having an aristocracy, this president sure acts as our better and a result his word should be law.

I’ve put in bold the parts where his highness tells us how we must act.

• Debate? Debate is only for republics. He has decided we’ve had enough debate and a law must be passed now!
  • It is almost like he considers Congress to be no more of a legislative branch and co-equal member of this government than Stalin did of the Soviet Parliament.
  • Finally, the real kicker is that with amnesty for these 11 million illegals, Obama wants it to make it easy for them to bring in their families and relatives. That turns 11 million in 22 million or 33 million.

Here is Obama’s speech from Las Vegas, which by the way, he spent millions of dollars to give. He left Washington this morning, flew to Las Vegas to give a 30 minute speech and flew back to Washington. Of course, his majesty believes frugality is only for the little people.
But this time, action must follow. (Applause.) We can’t allow immigration reform to get bogged down in an endless debate. We’ve been debating this a very long time. So it’s not as if we don’t know technically what needs to get done. As a consequence, to help move this process along, today I’m laying out my ideas for immigration reform. And my hope is that this provides some key markers to members of Congress as they craft a bill, because the ideas I’m proposing have traditionally been supported by both Democrats like Ted Kennedy and Republicans like President George W. Bush. You don’t get that matchup very often. (Laughter.) So we know where the consensus should be. Now, of course, there will be rigorous debate about many of the details, and every stakeholder should engage in real give and take in the process. But it’s important for us to recognize that the foundation for bipartisan action is already in place. And if Congress is unable to move forward in a timely fashion, I will send up a bill based on my proposal and insist that they vote on it right away. (Applause.)

So the principles are pretty straightforward. There are a lot of details behind it. We’re going to hand out a bunch of paper so that everybody will know exactly what we’re talking about. But the principles are pretty straightforward.
First, I believe we need to stay focused on enforcement. That means continuing to strengthen security at our borders. It means cracking down more forcefully on businesses that knowingly hire undocumented workers. To be fair, most businesses want to do the right thing, but a lot of them have a hard time figuring out who’s here legally, who’s not. So we need to implement a national system that allows businesses to quickly and accurately verify someone’s employment status. And if they still knowingly hire undocumented workers, then we need to ramp up the penalties.

Second, we have to deal with the 11 million individuals who are here illegally. We all agree that these men and women should have to earn their way to citizenship. But for comprehensive immigration reform to work, it must be clear from the outset that there is a pathway to citizenship. (Applause.)

We’ve got to lay out a path — a process that includes passing a background check, paying taxes, paying a penalty, learning English, and then going to the back of the line, behind all the folks who are trying to come here legally. That’s only fair, right? (Applause.)

So that means it won’t be a quick process but it will be a fair process. And it will lift these individuals out of the shadows and give them a chance to earn their way to a green card and eventually to citizenship. (Applause.)
And the third principle is we’ve got to bring our legal immigration system into the 21st century because it no longer reflects the realities of our time. (Applause.) For example, if you are a citizen, you shouldn’t have to wait years before your family is able to join you in America. You shouldn’t have to wait years. (Applause.)

Finally, here is a propaganda handout from the White House. Because remember, common sense is only the purview of the ruling class.

Besides the sheer arrogance that is on display, Obama’s typical liberal immigration reform should be a non-starter.
Until the border the is secured, this problem will be a reoccurring problem. Secondly, giving illegal immigrants the right to bring in their families, and have no doubt, that means extended families, that means a problems of 11 million becomes a problem of 20 or 30 million.

http://thevirtuousrepublic.com/2013/...l-immigration/