Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

On Independence Day, the Struggle to Regain our Classrooms

There are a number of links embedded in the source article.

On Independence Day, The Struggle To Regain Our Classrooms Continues

By Joe Guzzardi

OMG!

To think I was foolish enough to project into my summer cash flow my low-three-figure California income tax rebate.

With the state again locked in a budget battle that appears to have no permanent resolution, I now face a dilemma of an altogether different type. Should I frame my IOU from Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and hang it on the wall to remind me of the wisdom of my decision to bolt?

During these early July days, I’m fixated on California.

First, I know several state employees. They are sick to death of being pawns in the budget battle. Some have already been forced to accept two non-paid work days a month—delicately called “furloughsâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My state worker buddies wonder why they’re the target when a much more voracious consumer of state dollars—illegal immigrants—are staunchly defended by the governor.
    You know, you gotta wonder..the simple logic of the problem is something that Arnold and a lot of other elected officials around this country will not consider. You have to wonder what it is that causes them to so blatently ignore one of the main roots of their economic catastrophie. It is nothing short of dereliction of duty and everyone of them are guilty. They are guilty of aiding and abetting illegal aliens. It must be all part of a grand sham, something of course they will deny. They are not politicians, they are all rich criminals that run this country. This country is being run by the new world mafia.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Fear

They are afraid of the Illegal Aliens rioting for one. 12 to 20 million illegals running amok in the U S scares these chicken %$#@ s

We also need to consider the fact that the standards of U.S. education have suffered because so much emphasis has been moved from teaching academic subjects to "fostering students' self-esteem" at the expense both of the quality of education and expectations of discipline maintained within our classrooms. Also, unfortunately, increased urbanizations has led to a higher percentage of "Black Board Jungle" classrooms in the country.

Quote:

"Size had trouble setting classroom rules and disciplining students. Size noted that teaching in the Dominican Republic, where youngsters are happy to have an opportunity, is substantially different than it is in urban America where unruly students call the shots.

Said Size: “I think I really maybe don’t know the culture of the students, how they think, how high school [is] like here, what they expect from the teachers.â€

[quote="Texas2step"]We also need to consider the fact that the standards of U.S. education have suffered because so much emphasis has been moved from teaching academic subjects to "fostering students' self-esteem" at the expense both of the quality of education and expectations of discipline maintained within our classrooms. Also, unfortunately, increased urbanizations has led to a higher percentage of "Black Board Jungle" classrooms in the country.

Quote:

"Size had trouble setting classroom rules and disciplining students. Size noted that teaching in the Dominican Republic, where youngsters are happy to have an opportunity, is substantially different than it is in urban America where unruly students call the shots.

As an afterthought, I will pass on one very clear example of my own dealing with a problem. My younger son, in his Jr or Sr year of high school, did not turn in an English literature report. He was forced to complete the assignment, it had to be A or B work, or he was off the track team. I got a sassy remark, and it was the first time I ever slapped one of my children. I informed his teacher of this requirement (her response was...I can't change his F grade), and I said I don't care about the F grade. I want the work done to an A or B grade only for the purpose of showing one does have responsibilities.
    Said Size: “I think I really maybe don’t know the culture of the students, how they think, how high school [is] like here, what they expect from the teachers.â€