Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Indian offshorers outsource U.S. Government contracts

http://www.economicpopulist.org/content ... rican-jobs

Indian offshorers want to offshore outsource U.S. Government contracts & more American jobs

Submitted by Robert Oak on Mon, 08/10/2009 - 13:53.

From an obscure newsletter on Emerging Markets comes this report:

Infosys and Wipro Set Up Units to Bag Government IT Outsourcing Contracts

10/08/2009

Infosys Technology and Wipro Technologies, two of the most prominent Indian IT firms, are setting up centers to tap growing opportunities in the USD 100 billion government IT outsourcing market. Both the companies have not only started investing in marketing campaigns to attract more clients globally, but have also began recruiting consultants and experts from government companies for placing them in the markets of India, the US, the UK, Canada, and Australia.

The two companies will compete with other companies, including Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), International Business Machines (IBM), and EDB Business Partner. According to S Gopalakrishnan, CEO of Infosys, the firm plans to concentrate on this and convert it into a multi-billion opportunity in the next few years.

The move marks a massive shift in delivering services as the company has been focusing on the top export markets in the past. Wipro, which had signed a few contracts with government organizations in the past, is also planning to take various initiatives to gain more business from this segment globally. The company also plans to increase its foreign workforce from 20–25 percent to about 50 percent to cater to the demands of foreign governments to deliver the projects locally.

If there is ever a situation where we need a ban on offshore outsourcing of government contracts, this is it. This is U.S. taxpayer money going offshore, funding more labor arbitrage and displacing U.S. citizens for jobs.

Please note, U.S. corporations, especially IBM are doing the same damn thing, getting U.S. taxpayer money and offshore outsourcing the government contract along with the jobs.

More from the India Times (note the U.S. media black out on the offshore outsourcing of American jobs):

A focused solution practice will involve hiring consultants from government organisations , putting together a large team of domain experts in the markets of India, US, UK, Canada and Australia, and develop a new revenue opportunity at par with other established verticals such as retail, telecom and banking and financial services industry. “We have taken a decision to start government practice in India and other markets of the UK, Australia, Canada and the US,â€

ELE

Cap and Trade will give India even greater advantages

Why does our government want to destroy us?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Heard a report recently that Boeing is falling way behind on delivery of one of its planes, as the component manufacture has been outsourced to more than 25 countries.
    Is there absolutely nothing in this country that is not for sale to foreigners these days?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Notice they plan to hire a few government employees who have connections as shills - I'd call that a bribe.

I know someone who is keeping a list of companies that jumped on the India, Inc. outsourcing bandwagon - and are now in deep doo-doo if they are still in business at all.

Re: Cap and Trade will give India even greater advantages

Quote Originally Posted by ELE
    Apparently there is big money to made in destroying our lives. You can be sure that when they step into healthcare it will end up costing us more than we think. They cannot touch something without ruining it.

Re: Cap and Trade will give India even greater advantages

Quote Originally Posted by ELE
    Here is another story about the constant lying and corruption going on in our government. Can you imagine the economic wreck that would occur if they got their greedy hands on healthcare? The astonishing fact that Paulson is not arrested for his crimes shows our country just spiraling into the gutter:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/200 ... isclosed/#

Despite denials, Feds knew of Merrill bonuses

Dispute of Paulson, Bernanke testimony

Court documents show that federal regulators were told about billions of dollars in bonuses awarded to Merrill Lynch executives during the company's takeover by Bank of America - contradicting statements to Congress by Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke and former Treasury Secretary Henry M. Paulson Jr.

The Securities Exchange Commission (SEC), in a brief filed in ongoing litigation with Bank of America Corp., said the bank informed the Treasury Department and the Federal Reserve of the Merrill Lynch bonuses as early as Dec. 17 - weeks before the government approved a $20 billion bailout to help the takeover.

The document disputes oral and written testimony to Congress from Mr. Bernanke and Mr. Paulson, who both said they knew nothing about the $3.6 billion in bonuses before the bailout was approved in January.

Mr. Paulson, while under oath during a House Oversight and Government Reform Committee hearing July 16, was asked directly by Rep. Elijah E. Cummings, Maryland Democrat, whether he was "aware of the Merrill Lynch 3-plus billion dollars' worth of bonuses they were about to give out when this deal came down." His response: "No, I wasn't."

Mr. Bernanke, in a letter to the committee earlier this year, also suggested that the Federal Reserve didn't know about the bonuses before the bailout.

"Beginning on December 17, 2008, we participated in several discussions with management of Bank of America about its plans to acquire Merrill Lynch," Mr. Bernanke wrote. "The discussion did not encompass compensation levels or bonuses of Merrill Lynch employees."

The committee's top Republican, Rep. Darrell Issa of California, is demanding an explanation from Mr. Bernanke and Mr. Paulson.

"It is now apparent that you knew, or at least should have known, about the bonus payments to Merrill Lynch employees no later than December 18, 2008," Mr. Issa said in letters sent last week to Mr. Paulson and Mr. Bernanke.

"We now know that [Bank of America] certainly wasn't hiding the information from the federal government. If you felt that the bonuses were unfair or problematic, you could have at the very least raised additional questions or formally objected before [the government] gave the company an additional $20 billion of taxpayer money."

Mr. Issa, however, stopped short of accusing Mr. Paulson and Mr. Bernanke of lying.

[Great. Let's "stop short". We certainly wouldn't want to accuse Paulson of being a bank robber, now wouldn't we?]

Kind of has always bothered me that I have no choice in how my tax money is spent, as I would have preferred giving it to FDIC insurance rather than going into whitewashing these greedy folks.

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    Kind of has always bothered me that I have no choice in how my tax money is spent, as I would have preferred giving it to FDIC insurance rather than going into whitewashing these greedy folks.

I saw this whole "bonus structure" scam for what it was the moment Paulson appeared live before Congress. Then Christopher Dodd talked about 'contractual obligations' for bonuses; then, surprise surprise these contracts were lies, another 'make up the truth' government moment. All awash in money the banks and the offshorers and the politicians are stealing a billion here, a billion there. That is where the "meat" of the stimulus package was: legalized bank robbery.