Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Indians in US as Illegal Laborers

http://www.immigrationvoice.com/

H4 worked with ITIN - Consequences 4 GC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question:

Hello! I'm on H1B, and my spouse is on H4. We received an ITIN for my spouse for our taxpaying needs. My spouse managed to get employed using the ITIN. We filed a joint tax return this year. We received a letter from SS administration saying "We cannot put these earnings on your Social Security record until the name and SSN reported agree with our records." My lawyer says: "your spouse is now barred from GC, because when she's worked for more than X amount of days she became OOS."

When the time will come for my employer to process my GC, what consequences will my spouse's unauthorised employment have on Her ability to receive a Greencard? What are the ways to rectify the situation? Appeals? Special provisions/clauses? Cost?

Thank you,

Answers:

Its illegal to work on H4 with ITIN, you need to have SSN, why did you even mention that on the tax papers. Try to hire a good lawyer to handle your case.

you said u file ITIN for tax needs - why did u apply for job dude. ITIN doesn't get u a job. H4 can't work in USA...as simple as that. Hire a good lawyer and tax consultant.

You will not any answer for illegal matters.
    What you did is illegal. Any H1B person can know H4 cannot work.
    It is not the matter of ignorance.
    Please see a lawyer.

I think you have got knowledgable response.
    1. It is illegal to work on H4.
    2. Your wife is OOS.
    3. You need a good lawyer.
    You cannot expect better response than these unless you are expecting IV members to suggest some illegal ways to overcome your situation (if you are truly in that situation). I am sure you are not going to get any response than above as IV stands for Legal Immigration.

Any violator of US immigration law is prohibited from entering USA for 10 years. Your wife may apply for for green card after 10 years. You will be a citizen by then, so things should be easy. Ask a lawyer if you have a better option.

Oh, no. The respondents are wrong.

Ms. H4 just needs to cross over our southern border - illegally, change her name to Maria Garcia, and have an anchor baby. If ever any threat of deportation (unlikely) just use anchor baby excuse - cry "You are mean to separate families!". Then just wait around for Obama's amnesty.

If any problems, don't need a lawyer, just call LaRaza. But remember your name is Maria Garcia. And practice that Mexican accent.

Ms. H4, you are really a victim. And you should get special treatment because of your victimhood.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

What's sad about the original post is that I am quite familiar with that message board (as I watch it to catch tips of upcoming lobbying by the opposition) and this is not the first illegal labor I've seen. I've seen people whose H-1Bs expire, and they just stay. The wives on H-4s - get jobs. They talk about how to fly under the radar when UCIS comes calling. Once I saw a guy talk about getting a tourist visa for his neighbor back hom - so that the neighbor could come here and work as a nanny for his new baby! I've even seen the lawyers there lecture them, only to be contradicted by another member who suggests some shady way to evade a technically illegal situation.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)