Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Info about "Hope Fund Act 2007"

http://capwiz.com/jbs/issues/alert/?alertid=9817586

The John Birch Society :: Truth Freedom Leadership

Say NO to the Hope Fund Act of 2007

Representative Ruben Hinojosa (D-TX) introduced a bill that would fund the National Council of La Raza – a pro-illegal immigrant group. The bill, named the Hope Fund Act of 2007 (H.R. 1999), would allot $5 million to La Raza in 2008, and $10 million each year thereafter.
    La Raza advocates the elimination of the U.S.-Mexico border, and actively supports legislation that would grant amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants currently residing within the United States. According to its website, La Raza supports an immigration bill that would include:

• a path to citizenship for the current illegal immigrant population
    • the creation of new legal channels for future immigrant workers
    • a reduction of family immigration backlogs

Congress has no constitutional authority to finance any activist group, let alone an anti-American one such as La Raza. Use the alert below to contact your congressmen and urge them to vote against the Hope Fund Act of 2007.

Click here to view the Hope Fund Act of 2007.

Click here to learn more about the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2007 (S. 134 that is currently being debated in the Senate.

This is complete insanity! This bill will give LaRaza OUR money to operate a completely racist program. Creating a Raza Development Fund!

We need to start working on Congress on this one too! What is with those loons in DC? Do they think we are too dumb to see what they are doing?

Email and or call to Congressional Reps.

------------------------------------------------

Hope Fund Act of 2007 (Introduced in House)
    HR 1999 IH
    110th CONGRESS

1st Session
    H. R. 1999
    To authorize appropriations for assistance for the National Council of La Raza and the Raza Development Fund.
    IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
    April 23, 2007
    Mr. HINOJOSA (for himself and Mr. RENZI) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on Financial Services

A BILL
    To authorize appropriations for assistance for the National Council of La Raza and the Raza Development Fund.
    Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
    This Act may be cited as the `Hope Fund Act of 2007'.

SEC. 2. ASSISTANCE FOR NATIONAL COUNCIL OF LA RAZA AND RAZA DEVELOPMENT FUND.
    (a) Use- The Secretary of Housing and Urban Development shall, to the extent amounts are made available pursuant to subsection
    (b), make a grant to the National Council of La Raza for the purpose of providing technical and financial assistance to local non-profit organizations to undertake community development and affordable housing projects and programs serving low- and moderate-income households, particularly through organizations located in neighborhoods with substantial populations of income-disadvantaged households of Hispanic origin. Assistance provided by the Secretary under this section may be used by the National Council of La Raza or the Raza Development Fund to--

(1) provide technical and financial assistance for site acquisition and development, construction financing, and short- and long-term financing for housing, community facilities, and economic development;

(2) leverage capital from private entities, including private financial institutions, insurance companies, and private philanthropic organizations;

(3) provide technical assistance, training, support, and advice to develop the management, financial, and administrative capabilities of housing development organizations serving low-income households, including Hispanic households; and

(4) conduct such other activities as may be determined by the Secretary and the National Council of La Raza.

(b) Authorization of Appropriations- There is authorized to be appropriated for grants under this section--

(1) $5,000,000 for fiscal year 2008; and
    (2) $10,000,000 for each fiscal year thereafter.
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

Oh good grief! This is insane. I will start to write in the morning. It's been a long day of faxing and getting on the phone today.
    La Raza sure gets a lot of help from us!
    I'd rather die living then live dying!

Okay I just went to the Congess web site, found my Rep, and emailed him.
    Here is my email to him should someone need clues as to what to say when you email your House Rep (This is a House Bill)

http://www.house.gov/

-------------------------

Rep Rahm Emanuel,

As one of your 5th district constituents, I am asking (short of demanding) that you do not vote in favor of H.R. 1999, also know as ‘Hope Fund Act of 2007'.

This is complete insanity! This bill will give LaRaza OUR money to operate a completely racist program. Creating a Raza Development Fund! La Raza is a Hispanic racist group against all Americans that are not Hispanic. In all my up bring and understanding of our laws, anything that favors one person or ethnic group is racists and unconstitutional and should be stopped.

I do not want my tax money going to support such a racist group implementing such a racist program that would put other Non-Hispanic Americans at a disadvantage.

Also, Please tell Congress to stop trying to slip parts of the failed Amnesty bill into different legislation.

I trust you will act in favor of the MAJORITY of American, and uphold the U.S. Constitution and stop this racist ‘Hope Fund Act’ in it’s tracks. It only gives hope to one segment of America.
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

Done, I contacted my rep. Does anyone have any idea if this bill is probably going to win or lose? I'm fâ–*â–
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

working4change
    I wrote my rep and contacted others. Do we still have ANY say on how they spend out taxes?! Menendez is always doing something for LaRaza.
    Makes me so angry!!!!!