Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Invaders Day of Action TOMORROW, Aug. 28 !!! Call Congress

Call your Senators and Congressmen Tuesday, Aug. 28 to demand MORE ICE raids and MORE enforcement!

Lets counter these racist reconquista thugs just like we did in June!!!

Get 'em!!!!!

__________________________________________________ __________

National Day of Action to Stop
    Anti-Immigrant Repression &
    Migrant Deaths at the U.S.-Mexico Border

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Join the National Network for Immigrant and Refugee Rights with its members and partners to

Raise Our Voices for Justice & Human Rights!

Join us on Tuesday, August 28, 2007, - in a national day of action to expose and continue denouncing the devastating humanitarian crisis being visited on immigrant families, workers and communities by U.S. policies and actions in border control, immigration law enforcement and services.

Please call your Congressional delegation, urging them to take immediate action to stop the migrant deaths and disappearances at the border and to end all immigration raids and a moratorium on the detention and deportation of all immigrants.

Take Action for Immigrant Rights!

Please call or fax your Congressional delegation (two Senators and one Representative) to demand an investigation into the horrific numbers of migrant deaths at the U.S.-Mexico border and to call for hearings to end immigration raids and immigrant detentions and deportations.

To find your Congressional delegation's telephone and fax numbers, open link below and then click on your state, then click on your two Senators' and Representative's name to find their district offices numbers:

English: http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/

Español: http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/index.es.html

Call or fax your Senators and Representative

Tell them to stop the repressive ICE and Border Patrol operations and to change the immigration policies that are terrorizing and violating the rights of immigrant families, workers and communities.

In your voice make an urgent call for:

* Socially just legalization that protects and expands the rights of all immigrants, keeps families together, provides access and options to permanent residency and citizenship

* Stopping the deaths of migrants at the border and demand a Congressional investigation into the root causes of the humanitarian crisis being caused by immigration enforcement and services

* Ending the militarization of border and immigration control, which deliberately cause the deaths and disappearance of migrants on the border

* An end to all immigration raids

* A moratorium on all immigrant detentions and deportations

* Restoring and expanding the due process rights of all immigrants

* Uphold the labor rights of U.S.-born and immigrant workers: Repeal employer sanctions and all employment verification systems, including Social Security no-match letters

* Protecting and expanding the civil, labor, and human rights of all immigrants and refugees

Raise your voices and take action as part of the growing movement calling on Congress and on all people of good conscience to stop the raids and the jailing and deportations of all immigrants.

Immigration Policies Are Causing a Humanitarian Crisis

Over 200 deceased migrants have been recovered from the U.S.-Mexico border in Arizona in the last 11 months; about half of all migrant dead are recovered in Arizona alone. Migrants are dying and disappearing in the desert and mountainous regions of the border as a result of deliberate U.S. policy called "prevention through deterrence," forcing migrants to risk their lives in order to reunite with their families in the U.S. or find work to survive.

An average of two migrants who have died from dehydration and exposure to the natural elements are found every day on the U.S. side of the border. Border community groups estimate that for every deceased migrant recovered, at least ten others are missing.

Since 1994, when the current strategy was implemented, over 4500 migrant dead have been recorded deliberately caused by the U.S. government's failed border and immigration control policies that force migrants through the most deadly and isolated desert and mountainous regions of the border.

The Department of Homeland Security is using immigration law enforcement strategies that destabilize and traumatize immigrant communities everywhere and are causing horrific migrant suffering and deaths on the U.S.-Mexico border.

Operations involving ICE and Border Patrol agents, as well as other law enforcement agents, have led to a widening assault on migrant communities, where neighborhoods, stores, and workplaces are targets of indiscriminate immigration raids, and where jailing and deporting of thousands of documented and undocumented immigrants occurs on a daily basis.

Starting in September, the U.S. will have enough jail space to imprison as many as 31,000 immigrants per day. The Bush Administration will also dramatically increase the resources and funding to jail and deport immigrants, increasing its law enforcement personnel with thousands more ICE and Border Patrol agents who, in collaboration with local police, will be hounding immigrant families, workers and communities to fill private and public jails with space exclusively meant for immigrants.

We are asking you to call or fax your Congressional delegation (two Senators and one Representative) demanding an investigation into the migrant deaths occurring on the U.S.-Mexico border and to hold hearings on impacts of immigration raids and immigrant detentions and deportations.

The August 28 national day of action will add to the growing movement calling on Congress to stop the raids, jailing and deportations of all immigrants.

Please call on your Congressional delegation urging them to hold hearings and investigations into the policies and strategies causing the migrant deaths and the mass violations of the rights of immigrants as a result of raids, detentions and deportations.

ANNOUNCING THE ACTIONS: We will hold a national telephonic media conference on Monday, August 27, 2007, at 10:00 AM PST to announce local and regional actions being organized as part of the August 28 national day of action against anti-immigrant repression.

Starting on the national day of action, Tuesday, August 28, 2007, we are asking you to organize:

* Calls and faxes to your Congressional delegations demanding an end to the anti-immigrant repression, including stopping all immigration raids, immigrant detentions and deportations and holding Congressional investigations and hearings on the migrant deaths at the border and the anti-immigrant repression (See model letter below).

* Picket-lines and protests in front of the ICE/DHS offices and detention centers and other public officials calling for accountability and end to the repression.

* Local media conferences, forums and vigils on the humanitarian crisis at the border and interior to expose the migrant deaths, the raids and deportations, which are at the center of the repression against immigrant communities from the border to the non-border areas where we live, work, worship, study and play.

Make calls and send faxes to your Congressional delegation demanding:

o Congressional hearings and investigations on the official U.S. policies and strategies of border and immigration control that are causing the deaths of hundreds of migrants at the U.S.-Mexico border every year, including untold suffering as families are divided and communities traumatized by deportations.

o An end to immigration raids,

o A moratorium on all immigrant detentions and deportations, and

o Socially just and fair legalization that protects our civil, labor and human rights

Click on these links to find your Congressional delegation's district office telephone and fax numbers:

English: http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/

Español: http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/index.es.html

National Network for Immigrant and Refugee Rights

Red Nacional Pro Derechos Inmigrantes y Refugiados

310 8th Street Suite 303 * Oakland, CA 94607
    Tel (510) 465-1984 Fax (510) 465-1885

www.nnirr.org
    www.migrantdiaries.blogspot.com

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    Try to keep the reps offices on the phone as long as you possibly can. That way they can't take other calls.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    If you go wandering around a desert trying to illegally enter the US and you die it's your fault. I don't see why I should feel sorry for you.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

Proceeds from your latest home invasion - $2,000

Getting out of jail on a fake name. Priceless.

Some things money can buy. For everything else there's matricula card.

thanks for brightening up my hectic workday. I will get on the phones tomorrow as much as possible from work.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

I'll be calling for an investigation into the growing death,rape and other assaults on american citizens by Illegal Aliens.

Citizens deaths at the hands of Illegals in less then 2 yrs. is more then All the deaths,4.500. at the border since 1994.

I blame the Illegals totally for their deaths as well as US citizens !!!!!!!!!
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

What a farce that Call For Action is! Whose 'justice' and whose 'humann rights' are they talking about? The ILLEGALS??!! How about ours? This is our country; they've broken in and expect us to welcome them and provide them with education, social services, jobs and be happy to do it. That's over! It's time to fight back and not take it anymore. In several states, the new laws and the apparent (??) enforcement that's being promised is driving illegals away - either back to THEIR homes or to other states that are more welcoming. Since San Diego is a Sanctuary City, I fear many more will come (like we don't already have them on every corner!) Let's make our voices heard; this is MY country and it's not for sale! So get the ILLEGALS out and let's get on with our lives. Simple! Enforce the laws! While we're making the calls/faxes, let's ask the status of HR 1940 - the definining of Amendment 14 to disallow anchor babies. If we take away all the magnets, they will leave!

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!
    Quote Originally Posted by NoIllegalsAllowed
    If you go wandering around a desert trying to illegally enter the US and you die it's your fault. I don't see why I should feel sorry for you.

SO TRUE!!
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

I am sick of these illegal sympathaizers calling illegal aliens, immigrants! Thats their first lie right there!

So the U.S. should stop enforcing it's laws and stop rounding up and punishing criminals? Well, I guess I will just go rob a bank tomorrow then because I can just cry that enforcing the laws of this country is unreasonable and that I shouldn't go to prison for it. My God, these people are so damn stupid! What scares me is that many of the people that feel this way are U.S. citizens but of course we know why if their last name just happens to be Gonzales or some other Hispanic name. Mind you I know there are many good Hispanic citizens but when I see the kind that care more about Mexican illegals than their fellow American citizens, it makes me sick!

Yes, I hope everyone can commit and make calls on this tomorrow -- August 28th !!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Everytime I read something like this all I can do is shake my head. We are not to blame for the deaths of the illegals. They have made their own choices. They are certainly good at blaming everyone else for their crimes. Now they want to dictate our laws, but that ain't going to happen.

Go home! Fight for rights in your own country! This side of the border belongs to the American people! Shoo! Scat!
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast