Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Iowa Cruz backer Steve Deace apologizes for 'full vagina' tweet

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    I held up supporting Trump for 2 reasons and criticized him for both of them. He's changed from pro-choice to pro-life with exceptions at least in his personal view, and although he likes the FairTax, his tax plan is a revision of the income tax code instead of the FairTax. So for me, those are disappointments. I also opposed letting any illegal aliens who were deported back into the country, and spoke out about that. But then each time he was questioned about it, he tightened the belt, then I realized what he was doing and why, and set that aside, because under current law he can't do it anyway, so it was just "management". Otherwise, he does so well on the other issues of immigration, trade, economy, foreign policy, national security and management, I'm all-in to win. It's like southbronx says, Trump will do the right thing, so I'm:

TRUMP TRUMP AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUMP!

STAY TRUE!! STAY TRUMP!!

Come on Iowans, please do your best to get to the Caucuses and Caucus for Trump, so he can win Iowa HUUUGE, and be on his way to Run The Table!!
    I'm pro-life and against the so-called fair tax too. So Trump and I have that in common. Oh wait, Cruz and I also have those same things in common. Well, those aren't top issues for me. I can overlook a lot of things outside of issues concerning immigration because in my mind that is the most important problem facing our country today. I realize Cruz may be a Johnny come lately on his position concerning the legalization of illegals, but he is now saying he does not now and never will support the legalization of illegal immigrants. I realize his change of heart probably has a lot to do with political pressure from the right and I'm fine with that. I believe he will stick with that position because he has recently been rather adamant about it. Remember this, he has never, never, never supported a path to citizenship for illegals. However, just a recently as June of this year Donald Trump said a path to citizenship would have to be provided for illegals. Here's the link to those comments: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editor...ly-as-june.htm

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    I'm pro-life and against the so-called fair tax too. So Trump and I have that in common. Oh wait, Cruz and I also have those same things in common. Well, those aren't top issues for me. I can overlook a lot of things outside of issues concerning immigration because in my mind that is the most important problem facing our country today. I realize Cruz may be a Johnny come lately on his position concerning the legalization of illegals, but he is now saying he does not now and never will support the legalization of illegal immigrants. I realize his change of heart probably has a lot to do with political pressure from the right and I'm fine with that. I believe he will stick with that position because he has recently been rather adamant about it. Remember this, he has never, never, never supported a path to citizenship for illegals. However, just a recently as June of this year Donald Trump said a path to citizenship would have to be provided for illegals. Here's the link to those comments: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editor...ly-as-june.htm
    Trump is not against the FairTax like you are. He likes the FairTax. He just didn't choose it as his tax plan. I think because he didn't want the burden of having to explain it or fight the Anti-FairTax Lobby duing the campaign, which I decided to understand and accept.

Well, your article is an editorial, not a report. They take an excerpt of a statement and then tell you what it means. Maybe you can find a video of the statement and post it in Trump's own words. Because Trump announced his campaign on June 17, the day of this "editorial" which is the same day he told the world that illegal aliens had to go and made his statements about illegal aliens from Mexico.

Trump tightened the belt after he flew down to the Texas border and then met with Jeff Sessions, and used both of those efforts to justify tightening the belt. He's very strategic in the way he works. Then he used the murders of Kate and Jamiel to tighten it up further. And then he used the San Bernandino terrorist attacks to put the noose on it and said "they all have to go, we've got to move 'em out of here and do it within 2 years".

To sell the country on this, you have to know how to do it. And no one knows how to do that better than Donald Trump which is why deporting illegal aliens, all of them, is the Number One Issue of the 2016 Presidential Elections with massive public support including Latino support.

I mean why do you think Cruz refused to answer Rubio's questions during the Fifth Debate? Why did Rubio eventually have to ask the moderator to ask Cruz the question "have you ever supported legal status for illegal aliens"? And why did the moderator have to ask him twice? Why then do you think Cruz stuttered and stammered and decided to LIE? One reason. He was standing beside Donald Trump. Cruz knew if he told the truth his race was over.

Trump will get to him and it won't be pretty. I expect that to come up again in the debates on January 14. Stay tuned.

By the way, as I've mentioned before, I have a Constitutional problem with granting permanent legal status to someone without ever having a path to become a citizen. I don't support that at all. That creates a second class group of people who are never part of our country. Under our naturalization laws, if you're given a green card for permanent legal status you should have the same rights as anyone else. Otherwise, you shouldn't be here in the first place and shouldn't be given a green card to begin with. I saw an interview with Trump recently where he was asked about legal status without citizenship, and he asked "never?", and the reporter answered "yeah" and Trump thought for a minute and said "that's not right".

And he's right, it's not right.

If you stay with government issued permanent legal status, then you should have the right to become a citizen some day, the same as everyone else with the same type of residency status.

If you don't want them to vote some day then you need to deport them and "move 'em the hell out of here".

Which is what Trump wants to do and will do within 2 years.
    Last edited by Judy; 01-01-2016 at 04:20 AM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Trump is not against the FairTax like you are. He likes the FairTax. He just didn't choose it as his tax plan. I think because he didn't want the burden of having to explain it or fight the Anti-FairTax Lobby duing the campaign, which I decided to understand and accept.
    You don't need to make excuses for him. Face it, he obviously doesn't support the plan. If he was the man you think he is, he would stand up for something he supported and roll with it.

Well, your article is an editorial, not a report. They take an excerpt of a statement and then tell you what it means. Maybe you can find a video of the statement and post it in Trump's own words. Because Trump announced his campaign on June 17, the day of this "editorial" which is the same day he told the world that illegal aliens had to go and made his statements about illegal aliens from Mexico.
    That editorial still has a direct quote from Trump supporting a pathway to citizenship for illegals. IMO, Trump is not going to let anyone misrepresent what he said without a fight. Nope, there was nothing from him on this editorial.

Trump tightened the belt after he flew down to the Texas border and then met with Jeff Sessions, and used both of those efforts to justify tightening the belt. He's very strategic in the way he works. Then he used the murders of Kate and Jamiel to tighten it up further. And then he used the San Bernandino terrorist attacks to put the noose on it and said "they all have to go, we've got to move 'em out of here and do it within 2 years".
    Well, he hasn't tightened up that much because he's still advocating for the expedited return of the "good ones." Furthermore, I never actually heard him walk back his "merit system" proposal. The way it just faded out doesn't necessarily mean it won't come back if he is elected. I'll admit, I'm more than a little nervous supporting Trump, but other than Cruz, there just isn't anyone else. Trump #1 ....Cruz #2. I was very glad to hear Cruz say he will never, not now, or in the future support the legalization of illegal immigrants. A little late, but better than never. At least he never supported a path to citizenship for illegals.

LOL!! I mean why do you think Cruz refused to answer Rubio's questions during the Fifth Debate? Why did Rubio have to ask the modoerator to ask Cruz the question "have you ever supported legal status for illegal aliens"? And why did he have to ask him twice? Why then do you think Cruz stuttered and stammered and decided to LIE? One reason. He was standing beside Donald Trump. Cruz knew if he told the truth his race was over.

Trump will get to him and it won't be pretty. I expect that to come up again in the debates on January 14. Stay tuned.
    Trump would be better served by keeping his mouth shut on this because it isn't like he hasn't flopped around more than a fish out of water on the topic. Path to citizenship ...... merit system .....expedited return .......

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well, no MW, Trump hasn't flopped at all. Trump has a strategy to gain national support for his policy. I wrote a long post on this in reply to that editorial from the IBD article you posted but for some reason it's no longer there. I don't understand what happened to it. GRRRR!!

I have no problem with a path to citizenship for anyone given a green card for permanent legal status. To deny them that forever is unconstitutional and unfair. If you don't want them to be voters, then don't give them the green card to begin with, deport them.

Trump never used the term "expedited return". His words were "expedited process". He never used the term "merit system", that was a term his son used in an interview.

Trump announced he was deporting illegal aliens on the day he announced his Presidency on June 17, the same day as that editorial by IBD you posted. He softened with a process to bring the "good ones" back quickly. Then he went to Texas, remember? He toured the border with the border patrol and met with Governor Abbott. Then he met with Jeff Sessions and tightened the belt. Then Kate and Jamiel and a 66 year old Veteran woman were killed by illegal aliens, and he tightened the belt some more. Then he prepared his written immigration plan and posted it on his website, his first written policy, nothing about anyone coming back. Then there was the San Bernardino terrorist attacks and he tightened the belt some more.

He's the first Presidential candidate to declare he's deporting all illegal aliens and will do so in 2 years and will halt immigration until Americans are back to work. He needs to build massive support for this policy, and he's done a great job to rally the country behind his plan to "move 'em the hell out of here" and halt immigration, and done so very quickly.

So, Trump isn't going to keep his mouth shut about anything if he's asked and wants to talk about it and he loves to talk about illegal immigration, why would he? Why would you want him to?!!
    Last edited by Judy; 01-01-2016 at 04:58 AM.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Judy wrote:

Trump never used the term "expedited return". His words were "expedited process". He never used the term "merit system", that was a term his son used in an interview.

He added, “when we have some good people, we have some very good people here, we have a lot of really good people. They’re illegal. Now, you either have a country or not. We go out, and we’re going to try and bring them back rapidly, the good ones. Rapidly. You know the word ‘expedited’?”

http://www.alipac.us/f9/trump-i%92ll-try-bring-back-%91good%92-illegal-immigrants-%91rapidly%92-322234/

But, he added in regard to the millions of undocumented immigrants in this country, "I'm a very big believer in (the) merit system."
    "I have to tell you, some of these people have been here; they've done a good job; in some cases sadly they've been living under the shadows," Trump said in his telephone interview. "We have to do something, so whether it's merit, or whether it's whatever, but -- I'm a believer in the merit system. Somebody's been outstanding, we (ought to) try to work something out."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/24/politi...ent/index.html

Oh, that was in a telephone interview with Morning Joe. Thank you MW! I don't follow Morning Joe so missed that.

That is where his son Eric got the term and why he used it in his interview that day. That was before he went to the border, before he met with Jeff Sessions, before Kate, Jamiel and the Veteran were murdered, before he wrote his immigration plan and before the San Bernardino shootings. He tightens the belt with each national event that justifies his deportation policy which is how he's developing national support for it.

Like Trump says all the time, the American People are smart, they "get it".

And, yes we do.

STAY TRUE!! STAY TRUMP!!

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Oh, that was in a telephone interview with Morning Joe. Thank you MW! I don't follow Morning Joe so missed that.

That is where his son Eric got the term and why he used it in his interview that day. That was before he went to the border, before he met with Jeff Sessions, before Kate, Jamiel and the Veteran were murdered, before he wrote his immigration plan and before the San Bernardino shootings. He tightens the belt with each national event that justifies his deportation policy which is how he's developing national support for it.

Like Trump says all the time, the American People are smart, they "get it".

And, yes we do.

STAY TRUE!! STAY TRUMP!!
    You ask for evidence and I gave it to you. Sorry you were proven wrong. You pretend to know everything about Trump, so imagine my surprise to find out this slipped right by you. Of course we both know you could have googled this information just as easily as I did.

No need to apologize!! That was a response by Trump in June to a question about merit system raised by Joe on a radio show, your article indicates details as to what it meant were unclear, and we've not heard or seen sight of "merit system" since.

I think that worked out very well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12