Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Iowa Nebraska Mumps Outbreak

Local media proclaims this is the first mumps outbreak in 20 years.

Disease is spreading.

Some authorities suspect it may be a new strain not affected by current vaccines.

I have to ponder...... many illegals in Nebraska and Iowa. Iowa's state government actually promoted the influx of "outside" labor to help keep wages down at the many meat packing plants in the state.

Is mumps merely ANOTHER disease being brought into the USA via illegal aliens that bypass the medical screening LEGAL immigrants are REQUIRED to undergo?

Even if the outbreak was to be traced to illegal aliens I doubt if many media hereabouts would convey that information to the public. And, assuredly governmental agencies would keep that knowlesge top secret, you know.

As so much evidence indicates, corporations, government, politicians (many, not all), the elite class and their bureaucratic lackeys deem that low wages is so much more important than the well-being of American citizens.

Nearly all American kids have been vaccinated for it with the MMR vaccination, measles, mumps and Rubella. I seriously doubt it originated from here.

I'd say President Bush's open borders PROBABLY brought it in from Mexico but maybe someplace else.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Iowa Nebraska Mumps Outbreak

Quote Originally Posted by obbop
    Iowa's state government actually promoted the influx of "outside" labor to help keep wages down at the many meat packing plants in the state.
    it appears Iowa can be added to the list of states that violate the Constitution
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

In one article I read they said 80% of the people who got it had been vaccinated and the vaccine never was 100% effective. They said it appeared to be the same strain as they've had in Europe over the past 2-3 yrs. and thought it could have been brought back by college students.

I agree with obbop....I doubt very seriously they'd ever admit it came from any illegals. On TV they showed all the various flight plans and layovers to show how easily and quickly it could spread. They say it couldn't hurt to get the vaccine again, but it was no guarentee you wouldn't catch it. And I think it was 2 cases reported in Arizona now.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

my university has been sending out warnings about the mumps outbreak and its been in the news quite a lot

In one article I read they said 80% of the people who got it had been vaccinated and the vaccine never was 100% effective.
    That's interesting. That's a high percentage of vaccinated people to get it !! Maybe it wasn't 100% but I'd say the vaccination was highly effective before.
    I suppose we'll never know. What's next ? Smallpox?

Your guess is as good as mine. Viruses mutate so what was once effective may not be now. Iamblueman4 probably has the best stats since he's in Iowa. I read different numbers with each article and testing was still being done so I don't know for positive. I just know they said the majority of the cases were to people who had been vaccinated and it stumped them. It's scarey when you think that this stuff is going around and illegals, if they didn't bring it are more succeptable and working with our food. Sounds paranoid.....but these days nothing is taken for granted.

You're absolutely right, Crazybird, it has to be taken seriously and it could be a big warning sign of what could lie ahead. To not consider illegal immigration to America to be a possible factor would be ludicrous in my mind.

I'm not an expert, but I'm sure there is a strong possibility of a connection as to how this new strain, if it is a new strain got here.

It also makes me wonder about the Bird Flu. If HR2?? (whatever it's called) were to break out here, isn't it our country's first obligation to care for the citizens and legal residents of this country ? Why doesn't that ever get discussed before it's too late. Maybe they can help everyone, but what if they can't ?

Is this a legitimate and significant question or am I just looking for more reasons to want our immigration laws enforced and our borders secured ?

When I first heard of this mumps epidemic it was on CNN and it came from South America, supposedly. Now they have shut right up about where it came from or how it got here.

VERY interesting, JJ, and not one bit surprising.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast