Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Go to the top I always say! I guess that Arnold Shapiro got my email too! LOL
    Out of curiosity, how did you find our email address? We have
    received several letters of support in the last hour and we're
    wondering if it is a coincidence or if someone posted our information
    on a blog.

Again, thank you for your support of the show.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Counter Protest Planned for "Homeland Security USA"

I just received this about Homeland Security USA

News From Save Our State

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact Chelene Nightingale
    S.O.S. Managing Director
    media@saveourstate.org
    Office: 310-237-5590

Save Our State Will Join Diversity Alliance, Choose Black America, and other concerned citizens to rally in support of ABC?s hit show ?Homeland Security USA?.

Burbank, CA ? February 12, 2009: The new ABC hit reality show ?Homeland Security USA? tracks federal border patrol and airport security agents on the job. Episodes for season one thus far have included a woman flying in from Switzerland without papers, drug smugglers using baby diapers, a man caught with a human skull in his van, and a couple traveling to Dubai with undeclared cash. The shows executive producer, Arnold Shapiro, has publicly stated the show has no political view, instead just focusing on the men and women who hold the security positions.

Save Our State, the organization hosting the rally, applauds the program for showing the reality of our nation?s current security risks. Just today it was reported that Border Patrol agents confiscated $2.3 million in cocaine and arrested a Mexican National in Temecula, CA. In addition, another arrest was made near the U.S.-Mexico border when a man was discovered to be smuggling in more than 76 pounds of marijuana. The dangers facing our nation are being confronted daily by these brave security agents.

Rain or shine Save Our State will rally in support of ?Homeland Security USA? this upcoming Sunday, Feb. 15th from 2:00pm ? 5:00pm outside the ABC/Disney Burbank Studios at 2400 West Riverside Drive.

Joining Save Our State will be Yeh Ling-Ling, Executive Director from www.diversityalliance.org. Yeh Ling-Ling has a published article in the ?Harvard Law Record? and has written numerous other articles on the subject of border security. Other notable guests include Choose Black America, an organization concerned about the ill affects of illegal immigration on the Black Community. And Los Angeles City Mayoral Candidate David Hernandez.

Counter-protesting the ABC program will be the Southern California Immigration Coalition, http://immigrationcoalition.org/, which includes groups like the Brown Berets, Acorn, Mecha, Radical Women, and Palisadians for Peace. This group is demanding the show be canceled for promoting xenophobia and racism.
    Save Our State, a multi-ethnic organization, strongly disagrees. For more information, please contact Chelene Nightingale at 310-237-5590.

I actually like the show.

The ending on episode 4 was about DFW airport and that was no fluff. I know women that go down there to great the troops when they come home and the USO has a great lounge there for them. The troops get greeted and treated very well at DFW.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

O.C. immigration groups to clash over reality TV show

U.C. Irvine students plan to protest 'Homeland Security USA' while Save Our State members will rally in support of the show.
    BY CINDY CARCAMO
    The Orange County Register
    Comments 11| Recommend 2

IRVINE - Orange County residents on both sides of the illegal immigration debate will square off in front of ABC Disney studios in Burbank on Sunday, one group in protest and another in support of the network's television program "Homeland Security USA."

The reality TV show has sparked a torrent of both disdain and cheers in immigration Web chat rooms and the blogosphere, setting off petitions and e-mails in protest and support for the show, which first aired in January

A few hundred people are expected to show up at Sunday's rallies. The Southern California Immigration Coalition, an immigrant-rights group, is scheduled to protest across from counterprotesters organized by Save Our State, an anti-illegal immigration organization.

The show gives a glimpse at the daily work life of federal workers, such as Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials who are responsible for protecting the nation's ports. They are portrayed as heroes who encounter and turn away or apprehend a variety of suspected culprits — from a Swiss woman looking to belly dance in the U.S. to suspected drug smugglers.

ABC representatives would not comment for this story.

Critics of the show, however, have called the series government propaganda, saying that it only portrays one side of a complex and controversial issue, especially regarding illegal immigration.

Tina Shull, a UCI graduate student, said she plans to be at the protest with at least 30 others — mostly students — because she said the show misrepresents what happens to illegal immigrants by demonizing them.

"They're not some other class of human beings. They are family members. They are my husband," she said.

Shull's husband, an Albanian who came to the country illegally and unsuccessfully applied for asylum, was detained for three months before he was eventually deported.

She's lived apart from him for a year and half, she said, adding that she isn't the only person who has been affected by U.S. immigration policies.

"Because I've seen it first hand, there is a whole other layer of what DHS does that most of the general public doesn't know about and the show perpetuates the stereotype," she said.

Shull, who started a Facebook page slamming the show, got hundreds of comments just in the first days of its debut and circulated a petition that was sent to ABC executives.

This got attention from anti-illegal immigration groups like Save Our State.

"The security agents go through enough. We need to, as Americans, to realize that they are doing their job and doing it to the best of their ability," the group's managing director Chelene Nightingale said.

She said anti-illegal immigration groups such as Orange County-based California Coalition for Immigration Reform also plan to send their members.

"I think what they do is highly dangerous," Nightingale said of immigration agents. "They are trying to protect all of us from danger."

Series executive producer Arnold Shapiro has said that the show does not have a political point of view, according to an Associated Press story in December.

Contact the writer: 714-445-6688 or ccarcamo@ocregister.com

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/immi ... -abc-shull

IRVINE - Orange County residents on both sides of the illegal immigration debate will square off in front of ABC Disney studios in Burbank on Sunday, one group in protest and another in support of the network's television program "Homeland Security USA."
    I hope there's more in favor of the show!

Series executive producer Arnold Shapiro has said that the show does not have a political point of view, according to an Associated Press story in December.
    It's a show copied from an Australian version of Homeland Security.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Ratings matter more than anything else. Bet plenty of people watch it, it is very informative and doesn't have an agenda imo. It's the title that gets OBLers excited.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm going to put this on the top of the homepage right now to help Save Our State and our CA supporters.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

added to the homepage

http://www.alipac.us/article3978.html

W

Just sent my email supporting the show to Shapiro. If ABC buckles and takes it off the air, I feel I have added a little evidence of appreciation if they need to find other airwaves.

Sent my email of support to several ABC spots as well. I really do enjoy the show and always get something out of it. I like the part at the end where the agent speaks emotionally about protecting our country. I'm amazed at what these agents come across on a daily basis. I saw a promo for the upcoming show today -looks REALLY good.

I found this on the home site for the show. There is a discussion board there.

(If anyone can let us know other ways to help this show let us know. We could counter by letting the sponsors know how much we Americans appreciate this show.)

)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Protest in front of ABC Studios in Burbank, CA, to take the network’s TV show,
    ABC Studios

Our main objectives are:

1. To publicly DENOUNCE the show and demand that it be taken off the air IMMEDIATELY.
    2. To point out to the network’s executives that airing this program condones racism and xenophobia against the (ILLEGAL) Latino, Middle Eastern and other communities of color.
    3. To put all corporate sponsors of the show on notice that we condemn their support of Homeland Security USA and that we will not hesitate to implement actions against those who do.
    4. To inform the general public that this show glorifies local, state and federal law enforcement agencies, specifically, the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency (ICE), which continues to terrorize and separate immigrant families across the country through raids and other unlawful acts of aggression, oppression and detention.
    5. To remind Disney that if it is going to promote itself as a family institution then it must stop supporting, funding, producing and distributing shows that willfully endorse these and other atrocities against (ILLEGAL) immigrant communities.

2400 W. Riverside Drive
    Burbank, CA 91521
    Sunday, February 15, 2009 at 4:00PM
    Robert Skeels, (213) 234-8561
    Robert Eukovich, (760) 805-5969

The Southern California Immigration Coalition (SCIC), an organization comprised of activist groups, community leaders, student organizations and supporters of (ILLEGAL ALIENS) human rights, will be protesting ABC Television and its parent company, the Walt Disney Studios, by demanding that they cease broadcasting Homeland Security USA immediately.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/homelandsec ... tid=566909

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast