Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Jack-In-The-Box commercial on children's TV station

Who has seen the new Jack-In-The-Box commercial that is totally in spanish.

I was in the kitchen while my two children were watching one of their kids shows when I heard someone on T.V. speaking spanish. I went into the living room and saw a JITB commercial that was completley in spanish. Not just the announcer but the words on the bag and everything. They don't even have the respect to use English subtitles.

Regretfully, I didn't pay attention to which network was airing the commercial due to shock and surprise.

Needless to say, none of us will be eating at El Jack-In-The-Box de Mexico for a very long time if ever.

Shows what's really going on in Texas.

stillfree wrote:

They don't even have the respect to use English subtitles.
    I can't believe I'm reading this!! Has it come to this? I have to read Englsih subtitles on an American TV station?
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Banned
    It's been running on the Dallas area Cartoon Network on Comcast (soon to be Warner Cable) for over a week now. At first I thought it was a mistake. Now I don't know what to think.

Must be that mexican peoples eat a lot at JITB? I personally don't call that 'stuff' food but I have an aversion to intestinal problems so don't mind me. Now I'll call them jackass-in-the-box.
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

CrocketsGhost wrote:

At first I thought it was a mistake. Now I don't know what to think.
    Oh it's a mistake, alright. Maybe not some technical error made by some summer intern, but definitely A MISTAKE.

What are they thinking???
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    CrocketsGhost wrote:

At first I thought it was a mistake. Now I don't know what to think.
    Oh it's a mistake, alright. Maybe not some technical error made by some summer intern, but definitely A MISTAKE.

What are they thinking???
    Yeah, but it's been running for a week or two at regular intervals. You'd think that a mistake would have been corrected by now.

Right CrocketsGhost. My point is that even if it is intentional to run it, it's a mistake. They're treading some very politically dangerous waters by running Spanish commercials on American TV.

I believe most legal immigrants learn at least some English. Therefor they must be targeting Illegal Aliens specifically.

I was already mad enough about all the spanish teaching thrown in to the children's programs, and I started monitoring the 'toons and what not that my kids are allowed to watch. Now I don't know what to do.

MW
    Must be that mexican peoples eat a lot at JITB? I personally don't call that 'stuff' food but I have an aversion to intestinal problems so don't mind me. Now I'll call them jackass-in-the-box.
    Too bad we can't get all Americans to play the boycott game. If we could, a boycott of JITB wouldn't certainly hurt them. They are a national franchise chain, and having their customer base reduced to only the Spanish speaking population would destroy many franchises.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Just went to JITB web site and gave them a piece of my mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast