Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Jeep Speeds Through Protesters On I-225 In Aurora, 2 Shot When Protester Fires Gun

Jeep Speeds Through Protesters On I-225 In Aurora, 2 Shot When Protester Fires Gun

By Anica Padilla July 25, 2020 at 11:28 pmFiled Under:Aurora News, Aurora Police, Elijah McClain, I-225, Interstate 225, Riots

AURORA, Colo. (CBS4) — Aurora police are investigating a shooting on Interstate 225 after a vehicle drove through protesters marching on the highway Saturday evening.

The protests began as a call for justice for Elijah McClain, who died after Aurora police officers put him in a chokehold nearly one year ago.

(credit: CBS)

CBS4’s Dillon Thomas was nearby and heard the “pops.”

“People were running after a car ‘aggressively’ made its way toward protestors on I-225. I heard pops, which APD say came from a protestor. That protestor shot other protestors,” Thomas stated. “I watched as a woman who fell off the interstate was rushed to the hospital.”

Aurora police stated: “While the protestors were walking on I-225, a vehicle decided to drive through the crowd. A protestor decided to fire off a weapon, striking at least 1 other protestor. They were transported to the hospital in stable condition.”

“Someone else showed up to the hospital with a graze wound,” APD tweeted. “The vehicle was towed and we are investigating that incident. Any witnesses to the shooting are urged to call @CrimeStoppersCO.”

The suspect vehicle is described as a blue Jeep. Copter4 captured the video of the Jeep speeding through the protest as people scattered and tried to get out of the way.

A short time later, Copter4 flew over as police had pulled over what seems to be a vehicle matching the same one that sped through the protest on I-225.

Police contacted the driver of the Jeep shortly after the incident on I-225. The Jeep was impounded but the driver has not been arrested.
    Investigators are still looking for the person who fired shots, hitting two protesters.
    They are asking for the public’s help to identify the gunman.

Both of the injured protesters remained in the hospital on Sunday morning, in stable condition, with non-life threatening injuries.

At about 7:40 p.m., Aurora police said both directions of the highway had reopened.

They warned that protesters continued to block streets around the Aurora Municipal Center — on Sable and Alameda.

RELATED: Aurora Police: ‘Declared An Unlawful Protest’ Protesters Break Windows, Start Fire At Courthouse

Just a couple of hours later, Aurora police said demonstrators pushed down a fence, threw fireworks and other objects at officers, and broke windows and started a fire at the courthouse Saturday night.

The crowd seemed to disperse after the fire started, but a few continued to march. Some blocked Alameda Parkway and police urged drivers to find an alternative route. Shortly after, the crowd dwindled and seemed to disperse.

(credit: Aurora Police)

Police are searching for witnesses to the damage as part of their investigation surrounding Saturday night’s protests.

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2020/07/...through-crowd/

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn