Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Jeff Sessions Press Release Today

Press Release of Senator Sessions
    Sessions: Senate Vote on Immigration a Victory for the American People

Thursday, June 28, 2007

WASHINGTON—U.S. Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) made the following comments today after the U.S. Senate voted 46 – 53 not to invoke cloture on the immigration bill:

“Today’s crushing defeat of the flawed immigration bill is a victory for the American people.

“The Congressional Budget Office found that this legislation would have allowed 8.7 million more illegal aliens in the United States over the next twenty years. We would be squandering a historic opportunity to reform our immigration system if we accepted policies that reduced illegality by only 13 percent. We can and must do better.

“As the public learned more about this immigration legislation, it became clear that the bill did not meet their expectations. The American people overwhelmingly rejected it. Senators heard the voices of their constituents and voted accordingly.

“The vote was also a rejection of the heavy handed procedure employed by the supporters of the legislation. It was not a fair process. I have not seen a more carefully scripted attempt to limit amendments and stifle debate in order to move a piece of legislation through the Senate as was witnessed in this case. Senators saw it for what it was and objected.

“Our nation’s immigration system is broken. I believe that any process to fix that system must start with a real commitment to securing our borders and enforcing our laws. I am pleased to work with President Bush as we move forward with a renewed focus on making our borders secure. It would be an enduring legacy for him if he were to be the first President in nearly 40 years to truly secure our nation’s borders.â€
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote]I am pleased to work with President Bush as we move forward with a renewed focus on making our borders secure. It would be an enduring legacy for him if he were to be the first President in nearly 40 years to truly secure our nation’s borders.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That Sen. Sessions is one darn fine senator and one really good guy.

THANK YOU MR. SESSIONS!!!!

This man is amazing. He's still willing to help Bush save his butt. What a guy! He's too good a person for this crooked political scene. But I'm sure glad he's there.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

[quote="zeezil"][quote]I am pleased to work with President Bush as we move forward with a renewed focus on making our borders secure. It would be an enduring legacy for him if he were to be the first President in nearly 40 years to truly secure our nation’s borders.â€

I just LOVE Senator Sessions! That is so southern to compliment someone and still point out (very sweetly) a major flaw. The old velvet hammer.My Grandma would be so proud of him,too.

A great leader and always truthful to the American people and courageous against those who attempt to over-ride and take advantage of us.

Quite honestly, I am confident in saying that he saved this country today. He was the one who moved the Senators to stand with the citizens of the U.S..

Laura Ingraham also saved the country. There are many people who saved the sovereignty of our country today and kept us as a law-abiding nation, but there were some that if it were not for them......our voices.....our will......would have NEVER been enough.

We owe a lot of people an expression of appreciation, but there are some who we owe our deepest, deepest gratitude to. I don't know how we will ever be able to express it fully enough. Mere words just does not seem to be enough.

It's like the only worthy expression of our appreciation would be to give him the keys to the White House.

Let's face it, the entire country knows him now and loves him, both Republicans and Democrats alike!!

[quote="zeezil"][quote]I am pleased to work with President Bush as we move forward with a renewed focus on making our borders secure. It would be an enduring legacy for him if he were to be the first President in nearly 40 years to truly secure our nation’s borders.â€
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

I wish he would run for president! I've met him once down in Montgomery and he is such a gentleman. Everyone remember to email/fax/call his office to thank him. Our other Alabama senator also voted against it, but is not assertive like Sessions.
    "Remember the Alamo!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast