Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Absolutely awesome! I wish I had the kind of guts it takes to stand up and say what I had to say so clearly. I'm deeply moved and deeply impressed. We need about ten million "Sandy Millers" another ten million "Tom Tancredos" and John McCain needs his mouth washed out with soap for lying!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    Absolutely awesome! I wish I had the kind of guts it takes to stand up and say what I had to say so clearly. I'm deeply moved and deeply impressed. We need about ten million "Sandy Millers" another ten million "Tom Tancredos" and John McCain needs his mouth washed out with soap for lying!
    Sandra Miller aka S.J. Miller has authored several articles on the illegal immigration issue. Here's one and you can find more of her writings at www.federalobserver.com
    --------------------------------
    http://www.azconservative.org/Miller1.htm
    SANDRA MILLER
    b]The ’Jobs Americans Won't Do‘ Scam[/b]
    By Sandra Miller
    April 25, 2005

"They do the jobs Americans won't do."

We've heard it before, but not from our president! And right after his re-election, no less. The man couldn't have expressed his contempt for the voters who elected him any more thoroughly than the insult of telling them they're lazy and don't want to work!

After all, what American would ever consider being a truck driver, construction worker, computer operator, cook or 1,000 other jobs, including nurses, doctors, lawyers or entrepreneurs?

Three recent examples of deported illegals explode the myth of "they only take jobs that Americans won't do."

Juan and Patricia Castillo lived in Clarion, Iowa for nine years while he worked at a local agricultural sprayer manufacturing plant and she worked at Electronic Data Systems. Fabian held a construction job in Licking County, Ohio for two years before being picked up for driving without a license. And an illegal family in Missouri lived for 13 years after overstaying their visa, with the wife working as a school district teacher's aide and the husband as a driver in the Office of the Governor of Missouri.

All these are jobs Americans would not only do, but jobs Americans routinely held until the illegal immigration waves flooded the American job market, making it more and more difficult for Americans to secure full-time work.

American workers don't have the privileges that illegals do. Americans can't accept "under the table" cash wages, because the IRS would investigate why they've apparently disappeared from tax rolls. They can't accept the low wages illegals do, because they won't be provided with the "supplemental public assistance" that illegals get from both public agencies and non-profit "charities." They can't qualify for welfare and publicly-paid medical care with no questions asked. Americans are expected to pay their way; illegals are offered all sorts of assistance.

Need more proof that illegals commonly take jobs that Americans would do? Illegal alien advocates cite the $7 billion in "contributions" by illegals to Social Security taxes under counterfeit cards. What they don't tell you is that payroll withholding taxes are a sign of mainstream jobs, not picking lettuce or "day labor" jobs.

The Bear Stearns estimate of 20 million illegals makes even more obvious what we all knew: 20 million illegals are working somewhere, and we know they're not all picking lettuce!

The llegals Work Harder

"They don't and we all know that.

The baby boomers will be retiring and we need illegal aliens to fill the labor shortage created by retiring baby boomers.

We're supposed to believe that third-world, unskilled illegals with grade-school educations will fill vacancies left by experienced professional and technical retirees? If there's such a desperate need for these unskilled illegals, why are so many on street corners waiting for pick-up work?

A business world anticipating such a shortage would do everything possible to retain its "baby-boom" employees rather than push them out the door prematurely with "retirement packages."

This "labor shortage" is just another myth. Those old enough to remember liken this to the Great Depression when men waited for work at assembly areas. And we all know that the Great Depression represented jobs shortage, not a worker shortage.

Is This Really True?

Even though the president and his "open borders" crowd think we're dumb, we all know Americans routinely earned a living with these jobs, raised families and lived good lives. Until post-1965 mass third-world immigration flooded the U.S. labor market, depressed wages and expanded the "multicultural" underground economy so common in third-world countries.

In previous columsn, I have identified not only the "pitch," but the "pitch man." That's handy for the future by enabling you to ID new scams just by their salesman. For example, knowing that Senator Ted Kennedy is the key person responsible for the 1965 "Immigration Reform" Act that changed the "key" for immigrating to the U.S. from "economic responsibility" (the immigrant's ability to be self-supporting and not be a public charge) to "family ties" (they have a relative already in the U.S.), that enabled U.S. entry by massive third-world immigration, would you accept any of his future "reform" proposals like the Jackpot Amnesty?

I know I wouldn't. Nor would I believe any of Kennedy's allies on the immigration issue. Like Senator John McCain. During the 108th Congress, McCain introduced S-1461 for President Bush's "guest-worker plan." My three-inch pile of "constituent reply" letters assuring me that Senator McCain opposes illegal immigration mean nothing when he consistently introduces and co-sponsors such legislation. The "open-borders," big money and big business crowd couldn't ask for a better defender of their interests.

When McCain claims that ending illegal immigration would "shut down the homebuilding industry, the resort industry and the restaurants that we patronize here in our nation's capital," what more official word could we ask that another industry has been added to the list of "jobs Americans won't do?"

McCain's interviewer hit the nail on the head with his secondary comment to the quote, adding that McCain was "referring to jobs generally held by immigrants, many of them illegal, in industries that serve moneyed Americans." U.S. immigration has always benefited the country's employers and wealthy, as it does today.

Those of us who attended American schools before adoption of the UNESCO curriculum learned that the Republican Party historically supported high immigration levels and the Democratic party opposed them. After their arrival, immigrants became Democrats because they recognized the disaster to them by continued mass immigration. That the picture has changed today reflects how both parties have embraced the "global economy" despite its disastrous effect on Americans and their country.

What's Sauce for the Goose ...

We all realize the advantage given an illegal employee in the underground economy, but it's easy to overlook the benefits it offers to the employer. We know about the costs and taxes the employer evades: workers' compensation insurance, unemployment taxes, employers' Social Security and Medicare taxes (7.65 percent). But there's even more.

Actually, the Bear Stearns report tells a great deal about the attraction of employers for illegals, and it's more than just cheap wages.

Hiring illegals enables the employer to operate in the underground economy where earnings and profits remain hidden from taxes. We know that workers' earnings in the underground economy are tax-free, but company earnings are hidden as well. Lower profits means lower taxes for the employer/company, and that drops directly to the company's bottom line.

That $311 billion in "uncollected taxes" cited in the Bear Stearns report wasn't limited to personal income taxes on individual earnings; it also includes uncollected corporate taxes as well.

What Leads to 'Immigrant Industries?'

The two most common reasons: employers who want cheap labor or to eliminate labor union. Since the 1980s, industry after well-paying industry has been sent overseas, including manufacturing and textiles. Well-paying jobs that couldn't be sent offshore, such as construction, landscaping and meatpacking, suddenly were eliminated in labor disputes or lockouts, and eventually replaced by illegals.

Truck drivers expect their jobs to be the next taken over by illegal aliens.

The 2002-2003 case of Tyson Chicken revealed clearly that illegal employees don't just drift northward looking for work. They're recruited in their home countries by employers or labor brokers, and arrive in the U.S. complete with forged documents. It's only recently that newspapers have carried stories of human smuggling rings that clearly showed what we've all known for years: Illegal immigration is big business, from top to bottom.

As you can imagine, businesses notorious for hiring illegals didn't get there by accident; they've made a conscious decision to do so. They know the need to keep a legal distance, and ensure that employees always have genuine-looking documents.

That was effective in the past, but the Workplace Verification Program threw them a curve. The employer uses the phone or the Internet to verify that the applicant's Social Security number and name match what's on Social Security Administration records. When the employer receives a "no-match" from SSA, the employer loses excuses of "we're not document experts" or "we didn't know he was illegal." That's why legislation to change the program from voluntary to mandatory have been opposed in Congress by both big-business and illegal alien advocates.

But how does an industry or workplace come to be "taken over" by illegals? Former construction workers as well as young fast-food restaurant workers know the drill. First, a Spanish-speaking foreman is hired as a translator, and soon English-speaking employees are excluded from conversations. Citizens find their parked cars vandalized and tools stolen.

A friend told me of forcing her 19-year old daughter to quit her fast-food job upon learning that she was subjected to sexual harassment by illegal employees. Reports of such harassment to management fall on deaf ears. The employee can appeal to EEOC, but remember that EEOC is an federal executive cabinet agency whose head is appointed by the president. How aggressively will such an agency (under the authority of an "open-borders" president) pursue such reports?

Knowing the deck is stacked against them, citizen employees quit in disgust. Predictably, their vacancy is filled by an illegal.

(c) S. J. Miller, 2005. All Rights Reserved

"Published originally at FederalObserver.com

S. J. Miller is a former veteran of the IT industry who sought another career rather than "follow the jobs" abroad, and a lifelong resident of border states, Arizona, California, Texas and Nevada.

Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican
    Great job. Thanks for standing up to lettuce-head McCain.

McCain should move to Mexico for a real long vacation. I am sure Fox has a spare room he could use.
    Welcome to Alipac, AllAmerican! Lettuce-head Mccain? I like, I like the phrase!

He's the one that within the past two months I believe said during his drivel speech to leaders of an American Union that in Arizona illegal aliens were employed picking lettuce at $50 per hour and this was a job no American would do. (I think I'm right here.)

I called McCains office the next day and told his staff that I would like an application. I would be more than happy to make $50 per hour even picking lettuce. I live in NC but told his staff if they gave me this job at this wage well, Arizona, here I come.

Annie
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Thanks for the welcome Annie.

I read that in response to McCain's remarks some West Virginia coal miners sent McCain a photo of them down in the mine...picks in hand and could only see their eyeballs. Not sure what caption they used but I think they could have said that they "look forward to paid vacation in the sun".

Any Arizona citizen,

May I ask just one question?

Is John McCain being blackmailed?

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

Quote Originally Posted by Coto
    Any Arizona citizen,

May I ask just one question?

Is John McCain being blackmailed?
    Okay, I'm not a citizen of Arizona! But, as far as your question on illegal immgration, John McCain and blackmailing, the answer is PROBABLY YES.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

As an Arizona citizen, I will answer your question. I am also speaking as a former supporter of John McCain, as I have voted for him in the past and I supported him when he ran against Bush.

No he hasn't been blackmailed, he has just gone insane. He decided to run for President again and thinks he can only succeed at that by cosing up to the Bush wing of the Republican Party. He now embraces Bush on most stands and he he has sold out with the Kennedy-McCain plan which takes "compassion" to a level of strangulation. It is sad, but he is doing exactly what he wants to be doing, in my opinion. ...and he has lost me as ever being a supporter of his again.
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

Sorry, I thought that was your name. I just know you as mapwife.

Sandy, I would have thought I died and went to heaven if I could have been there when you dressed down senator McCain. first let me say, I have great respect for the Senator's service to his country in Vietnam and in that hellhole of a prision he spent 6 yrs in. Having said that, I am afraid the Senator suffered some serious brainwashing over there not meaning to be disrespectful saying that. The Senator has a real problem with anger management . He is passive aggressive and that is not what we really need in a leader right now. I hope, the Senator doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of winning the republican nomination for the 2008 election.He like many others have forgotten who they work for, Us not the illegal marchers out in the street.This nation has a great problem when our senators and president are all willing to sell us down the river for a new voting block! I really think Senator McCain is a liberal running around in sheep cloathing. Maybe he doesn't really recognize it ! I am not bashing liberals, I just think he needs to own up to being what he is, he would be so much happier if he did that!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12