Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Journalism Dead in America?

I would like some feed back on this forum as to where you go for news, in my opinion it has become nearly impossible to believe anyone on television news they simply throw out the same numbers or information heard on another network.

I here O"reilly say, (we give the straight facts here) but he simply repeats what I've heard from other sources. We seem to be in a black out of truth.

If Journalism becomes so untrustworthy then what is America, no better then any third world country.

I'm simply searching for some answers here and want to see how others feel on this subject.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

Only

Only alternative media like some radio and the internet can you find anything resembling the truth.
    Television is solely propaganda for certain and approved views...Fox news included.

oldguy wrote,
    I'm simply searching for some answers here and want to see how others feel on this subject.
    oldguy, I gave up on TV about 25yrs. ago, or so. (I don't like to feed the commies.)

I get my news on radio, satellite radio, XM to be exact. If it were not for the Mike Church show, I am not so sure how I would justify paying a subscription. All in all, it is better than some of the terrestrial radio shows.

I also rely on ALIPAC and the internet.

Seems to me that there is news(?), as realeased by the powers of the government and the media corporations and then there is commentary on the released hubris.

We seem to be lacking in investigative reporting and journalism. JMO

quote(We seem to be lacking in investigative reporting and journalism.)quote

How true and without that not sure we can survive. Journalism schools must be run by the far left as our public schools otherwise we would not be in our current situation. Does an editor ever tell a new(cub) reporter to go out and get a story or simply say go to the computer and see what you can expand on, very discouraging..

I've heard over 10 talking heads in past 2 days stating OBL was living in a mansion each one repeats the same thing, do they look at the pictures, I'm not a rich guy and I certainly would not have lived in the so called mansion. Small nitpicking I know however if they do so on a small point what of the big ones.?
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.