Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thanks April!
    I plan on making good use of both addresses!

Banned
    In all fairness, WOP did not mean that the immigrant in question was hear illegally, but rather that he did not have papers from his country of origin. When registering immigrants at Ellis Island, some documentation of identity was requested. The fact that a large number of Italian immigrants around the turn of the last century had no such documentation resulting in their immigration papers being stamped WOP (without papers) led to the derogatory acronym "wop" being applied to Italian immigrants at large.

April
    Good , Proud, lets give em' H____!!!!!!

Banned
    Tell FOX you're no longer going to watch until they can Hernandez.

Sheppard,

As a loyal Fox viewer I must let you know that I am deeply offended by the racial slur uttered on your program today. I would expect no better from the ever smug smirking mouth of Juan Hernandez but I was most upset that you let the remark go and did not press him for an apology. Do you not know that the word WOP is offensive? How could you allow one guest to so mistreat and offend another guest. How rude of Mr. Hernandez to treat Sherrif Arpaio in that manner.
    How dare Hernandez compare legal immigrants to came to this country to be AMERICANS through Ellis Island with anyone crossing the borders in the dead of night and living in the shadows of our legal system?
    I would have expected better of you. Should I assume from your failure to respond to that derogatory remark that you are in agreement with it? Shame on you.

I saw this and my jaw just about dropped. Emails going out!

May I remind everyone that, those IMMIGRANTS, in order to become an AMERICAN CITIZEN, denounced the KINGS, QUEENS, RULERS & GOVERNMENTS of their country of origin in an American document.

We have our grandfather's document, with his signature, denouncing the King of Italy. Only then was he awarded CITIZENSHIP.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    ProudAmericanFamily wrote:

Sheppard,

As a loyal Fox viewer I must let you know that I am deeply offended by the racial slur uttered on your program today. I would expect no better from the ever smug smirking mouth of Juan Hernandez but I was most upset that you let the remark go and did not press him for an apology. Do you not know that the word WOP is offensive? How could you allow one guest to so mistreat and offend another guest. How rude of Mr. Hernandez to treat Sherrif Arpaio in that manner.
    How dare Hernandez compare legal immigrants to came to this country to be AMERICANS through Ellis Island with anyone crossing the borders in the dead of night and living in the shadows of our legal system?
    I would have expected better of you. Should I assume from your failure to respond to that derogatory remark that you are in agreement with it? Shame on you.
    Great Letter Proud!

Wonder what Hernandez would call my family, Being from a mix of Eastern European Heritages. From Germany, to the Carpathian Mountains in the Ukraine.

My Great Uncle went off to war even though Packard got him a deferment from service. But he wouldn't let that stand in his way. He was sent to Europe, and N. Africa, where he participated in the landings of Operation Torch, and he was a combat medic. He landed on the beaches of Sicily, Southern Italy, and since he had the experience under his belt, he went in with the second wave at Normandy. He then participated in the actions of the Bocade Hedgerows, and marched 48 hours with no hot food, and no sleep, or rest to help with relieving the Airborne at Bastonge in the Battle of the Bulge, finally ending the war in Czechoslovakia with Gen. Patton. Being he was 1st generation born in the United States, the Germans would have executed him as a traitor had he been captured.

Grampa was a Navy man, and he was on the Yorktown at Coral Sea, and Midway, and later he was stationed on the Essex. He too survived the war, and was in Tokyo Bay for the signing of the Unconditional Surrender of the Japanese Empire to end the hostilities of WWII.

My other grampa was an immigrant from Krakow Poland, and because his English wasn't very good, he had to spend a lot of time in English classes, and had no accent when he was done. He was on a train to the west coast to embark for the invasion of the Japanese Homeisland of Honshu when the word came through that the surrender had been achieved. And his family left Poland only 6 weeks before Hitler's forces invaded on Sept. 1, 1939. They knew war was coming, and the disdain the Germans had for the Poles, and that the people of Poland would be enslaved by the Germans, and the Soviet Russians. Which they were.

So I really wonder what kind of remarks Mr. Hernandez would have about them, or what they helped to accomplish with their sacrifices.

And yet I don't hear anyone who believes in securing our nation and it's soverenty, talk with a terrible disdain towards people who emigrate here properly, and only lash out by those who tear our country apart by their disdain for America, and the American People. We the American People didn't start it. But when you treat us with terrible disdain, how can you not expect a response that can sometimes be vile in it's nature? Yes we can all admit our guilt, but it's only human in nature, and then we get the race card thrown in our faces, when it has nothing to do with race.

Yes, HY. I do understand.

Several of my family members, 1st generation, went back to Italy but that time it was to fight in a US uniform. They passed on proud of their love of this country and their service to her and FREEDOM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast