Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Judge Nap: Only One Option for GOP If Obama Declares Immigration Amnesty

Judge Andrew Napolitano

Obama has taken an oath to uphold the law.
    If the practical effect of any executive order is the opposite of what the law requires, he is a candidate for impeachment.
    But would Republicans take that step?
    http://goo.gl/rDvYpa

Judge Andrew Napolitano reacted this morning after President Obama indicated yesterday that he still feels "obliged" to take executive action on immigration...
    insider.foxnews.com

Nov 06, 2014 // 12:28pm As seen on Fox and Friends

Video at the page link:

by Fox News Insider
    Posted in:

Judge Andrew Napolitano reacted this morning after President Obama indicated yesterday that he still feels "obliged" to take executive action on immigration reform.
    In a press conference Wednesday, Obama said he wants to work with Congress, but again spoke of using his executive powers.
    “I feel obliged to do everything I can lawfully with my executive authority to make sure we don’t keep on making the system worse. Whatever executive actions that I take will be replaced and supplanted by action by Congress. You send me a bill I can sign, and those executive actions go away," said Obama.
    Napolitano explained the executive actions the president can take and those that he cannot take.
    He said the president can tell DHS how to process people once they come into this country. But he believes Obama would be committing an impeachable offense if he directs DHS and the Border Patrol to "look the other way."
    Napolitano said it comes down to whether the "practical effect of his executive order is the opposite of what the law requires." He added that he realizes Republicans do not want to pursue impeachment.
    He said if the president declares amnesty for illegal immigrants in the U.S. and signals that he will not deport those who enter illegally, "he will be violating the law, he will be breaking his oath, and he will be putting a tremendous pressure on the social system."
    Other than impeachment, Napolitano said Republicans have very little recourse. And he noted that any actions taken by Obama can be reversed when a new president takes office.
    Watch his full analysis above.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2014/11/0...ration-amnesty
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The way I understand it, even if Congress does not fund another executive order amnesty, the order would stand. That would make it campaign fodder in 2016 or if ignored, just quietly slipped into a budget after the election then. If argued in the campaign openly, I'm still not sure we have enough convinced voters to win a presidential campaign argument. If lost, Pandora's box has been opened. probably never to be sealed.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinssdad View Post
    I'm still not sure we have enough convinced voters to win a presidential campaign argument. If lost, Pandora's box has been opened. probably never to be sealed.
    If Toxic 'Bama gives illegals an executive amnesty, disease ridden illegals should come flooding in. Americans are already willing to demonstrate against "unaccompanied minors." If American children start getting sick, illegals should become a legitimate election issue.

I'd much rather see Repubs go for Universal E-Verify - a 5 year phase in was part of the Senate immigration bill - but pro-Americans are up against a narcissistic hustler who seems to want Americans to feel the contempt that he has for them.
    Americans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trade, not free trade