Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

THIS JUST ARRIVED IN MY EMAIL

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO PUT THE LINK TO SIGN THE PETITION , IF ANYBODY CAN HELP?

AMERICAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION

Remind Congress that time is running out!

Click here to send your message to Congress!

Dear Thelma,

The Independence Day celebrations are over and now it’s time for Congress to return to work. When you saw your senators and representative at the July 4 parades and picnics and spoke of your concern about the Medicare physician payment cuts scheduled to go into effect Jan. 1, 2007, you mentioned that:

Time is running out. If Congress doesn’t act before they adjourn in October, Medicare will slash what it pays my doctor by almost 5 percent.
    An American Medical Association survey discovered that 45 percent of doctors will either stop accepting or decrease the number of new Medicare patients they accept.
    If doctors are forced to downsize their practices it will make it harder for me to make an appointment.
    These cuts make absolutely no sense as millions of Baby Boomers begin to retire.
    It’s OK, Thelma, if you didn’t get a chance to speak to your members of Congress over the July 4 holiday, because you can call today using the AMA Patients’ Action Network toll-free hotline at 888-434-6200. Urge them to protect your family’s access to health care by stopping the physician payment cuts.

Or, click here to send an e-mail that your senators and representative will receive now that they have returned to Washinton, D.C.

Ain't this just dandy!? In certain areas it's hard enough to be able to get into a Dr., let alone one that would accept Medicare. But keep on paying for all the illegals and give Medicare benefits to Mexico for ILLEGAL workers. They are just stickin' it to the boomers aren't they? Hoping we'll die off quicker?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That just means a lot more doctors will quit taking on Medicare patients.
    And that is really going to hurt a lot of people.
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

This is already happening with the Medicare Part D, many seniors went off their additional supplemental plans in favor of the lower costing Medicare Part D plans and many of their doctors dropped them because of it. Luckily my mom was not one of them but it was hairy for awhile.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

They are not talking about part D They are talking in general.

I know when I was in Florida they had the "healthy kids" program. Low cost insurance for children that weren't quite poor enough for Medicade. Anyway.....sounded great. Signed my kids up. Problem is.....only certain Dr's accepted it and it would take weeks to make an appointment. Usually the same Dr's that were the only ones who accepted Medicade. They'd give you an appointment for a month and a half away when it wasn't a do or die emergency, but serious enough to require medical attention soon. (strep throat etc.) Then just tell you if that wasn't good enough.....go to the ER. Which is why the ER's were filled to overflowing with non-emergency cases. But if you were a patient with regular insurance......you could get in right away.

Now is that the same future for the elderly? 10 hrs. in the ER being exposed to god only knows what because they need basic care and can't find a Dr. who accepts Medicare? This is not good at all!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here in Aventura Hospital ER, you can wait for 6 hours, even if you have a private insurance PPO, the ER is full with illegals, and after they receive medical care , they leave the bill for us to pay. And the worst , you have no other place to go all the ER's are the same. You can die waiting .
    What I did with medicare , I have a complementary insurance, with Humana, and in this way the doctors are much more accessible. Before I was insured with Blue Cross also PPO but the price was exorbitant but then I didn't nave madicare yet.