Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Just Can't Wait Until Election Day

As soon as we have the ALIPAC endorsements for my area I am going to hit the pavement !!

I just cannot wait to take my anger out at the polls and either kick someone out of office or keep someone from getting in !! I just cannot wait to go door to door to give everyone I know and everyone I see a pamphlet, a card, a sign whatever it takes !!

I believe that we have been so badly treated..........errgh !! Finally we have "our day" Finally we make the decisions !! (That is if the elections aren't rigged).

They need to get the message that we have had enough

Anybody else looking forward to it ? :P
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Unfortinatley illegals will probally be voting too. BTW anyone have a list of who I am supposed to be voting for?

I just came across this at this official government Website. Here is the link. Pretty strange message. They're supposedly telling citizens who are out of the country to vote.....but if you ask me, their little "saying" could easily be misconstrued considering the problems we are having with our borders.

I don't appreciate this.

Link:
    http://travel.state.gov/law/info/info_2964.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If that doesn't sound like something El Prez would say I don't know what does.

Yeah, I can't wait either. Senator Menendez and Senator Lautenberg are both for Amnesty and they have to go!!!

Alot of incumbants are going to be saying goodbye to their seats.

I think we are all going to be in shock and awe at what goes down in November!!

Just make sure you look at these candidates real close I have found that some of them are just as bad if not worse than the ones we have already got and are trying to hide their pro-amnesty before they are ever elected to office. We have one running for congressman, if he won't be honest as a candidate what would he be as a congressman. He has nothing about immigration on his website, I emailed and ask about his views on immigration, he wouldn't answer my email, then I called and he wouldn't return my phone call, then I finally got ahold of someone helping with his campaign that told me that it wouldn't be amnesty that amnesty would be automatic citizenship they would have to get to the back of the line and all that bull. In other words he doesn't want to discuss immigration but he is in favor of amnesty.

How much you want to bet Dr. Pastor came up with that slogan. That play on words does'nt sit too well with me and I bet it does'nt sit well with much of the rest of America!!

Yea, shock and awe is going to have a whole new meaning !!

Okay. Listen. If illegal aliens can vote in our election.....then we need to help them know who to vote for. It's the least we can do.

Take a sign to the busiest grocery store in town. A big sign with the Mexican flag on top and the U.S. flag on the bottom. The sign should be green and say:
    GRANT AMNESTY TO UNDOCUMENTED MIGRANTS

Illegals will come running over.....you smile heartily and shake their hand and say, "Si, se puede" !!!

Then you give them a bumper sticker for our candidate !!

We have to fight fire with fire !!

You think I'm kidding ?!! I'm not !!

I don't know of any law that says you can't mislead voters. Didn't the president do it ? Remember, "I'm against amnesty."

Take a sign to the busiest grocery store in town. A big sign with the Mexican flag on top and the U.S. flag on the bottom. The sign should be green and say:
    GRANT AMNESTY TO UNDOCUMENTED MIGRANTS Exclamation

Illegals will come running over.....you smile heartily and shake their hand and say, "Si, se puede" !!!

Then you give them a bumper sticker for our candidate !!

Sorry, I couldn't help but laugh, but this is very very creative!

Some politician needs to hire you as their campaign manager! NO JOKE!

Just can't wait

But since we all have to wait (at least until early voting starts), might I suggest that we take this time to set aside anger, and reflect on who's interest our votes will serve.

Obviously, there is much to be said for the theory of "never re-elect anybody", as this limits the power of incumbency, and diminishes the "insular bureaucracy" that arises from "long term" staff members forgetting that they themselves were not elected. There is a "dark side" to cleaning house at every opportunity, particularly with House (no pun intended) members. They only serve for two years, and it's only with this recent House membership composition that House members have shown any inclination to "support the will of the people", particularly on immigration reform policies.

In a few states, there are of course, a limited number of "libertarian" candidates, and an even smaller numbers of "Independent" candidates for state, county and city offices, but virtually no Independent or Libertarian (notable exception Joe Leiberman) candidates for the Hous or Senate.

Doubtless, the Democrats, were they to regain control of either House or Senate (IMOH) would negatively impact any possibility of passing meaningful immigration reforms, ergo; comprehensive, open border legislation will be passed, and the will of America's citizens usurped for possibly the last time, as (again IMOH) comprehensive immigration reform and it's attendent shift in voting strength demographics will spell an end to America's democracy and culture as we know it.

Essentially, punishing the party in power (in this instance the Republicans) is in reality, punishing ourselves, as there are no good alternatives either candidates, or policies, apparent from the Democratic party.

Does the Republican Senate and certain House members need disciplining? Absolutley! But not at the expense of the progress we've made in the House (on immigration reform), and not when any change in control of either House of Congress may very well take us over the edge, and end once and for all any hope we have of controlling our borders, or limiting the current immigration invasion!

I can't, and wouldn't presume to tell anyone how to vote, but unless there are clear, verifiable indications that a particular candidate shares you're views, values and concerns, and is committed to addressing those concerns, reducing or enhancing the power of either party, particularly as a means of "signalling a voters displeasure" makes little sense.

Indeed, it may prove disasterous for voters to weaken the position of House members, since they are the only one's presently standing up for America's citizens.

As much as I hate to say it, party affiliation may be the only saving grace we, the people, might have following the elections. With so many RINO's in the Senate as it is, adding to their power by electing more Democrats is insane. The Senate will have a new majority Leader, regardless as Bill Frist is departing to work on his (hopeless) campaign for the 2008 presidency. A stronger Republican Leader might be the tipping point to bring Senate RINO's back in line with Republican voters. Obviously, and new Senate Leadership (other than a Democrat) will place immigration reform, and reconciling with House Republicans a high priority.

There is the chance that, were the House to remain strongly Republican, and continue it's stand against amnesty and guestworker programs, a chastened Whitehouse and Senate might be more willing to listen to America's citizens, at least on the issue of immigration reforms. Republican Senate members (especially if they lose a few seats) might revisit the unpopularity of their votes on S. 2611, and consider coming closer to the House passed legislation that America's citizens prefer.

Running off Republican's to show our anger might be cathartic, but it's a damn irresponsible election strategy if our goal is to enact meaningful immigration reforms, secure our borders, stabilize our economy, and reduce overall immigration numbers. A better strategy would seem to be for voters to "redirect" the campaign contributions that they might normally make to candidates and party's, toward organizations like Alipac, or FAIR, the Minutemen, etc.....

Splitting control of the Senate and House would be disasterous, not just for immigration reform, but for all legislation. Democrats have struggled to make this election a referendum on the President, rather than the performance of Congress. Democrats knew that by delaying, stalling, and colluding with Senate RINO's they could prevent anything from being accomplished, and the onus would be on the party in power. East coast Elites and midwestern Senate RINO's, and those of the McCain ilk, aren't up for election this time, they are counting on changes in the House and Senate, and the short term memories of voters to protect them until the demographics of an amnesty catches up. This is the only strategy that the Democratic party has, no policy, no innovation, just stymie legislation, prevent anything from getting accomplished, and play the waiting game hoping voter anger will accomplish the power change that neither their candidates nor their policies and platform could manage.

Truth be told, if it would advance my views, values and concerns, I'd just as soon see a complete top-to-bottom route of the entire House and Senate by a third party. Realistically, this is a fantasy (at this time in our democracy). I believe in building on our present foundation. If the House and Senate fall into the Hands of Democrats, we may never again (at least in our lifetime) have the opportunity to protect American society and culture. secure our borders and stabilize our economy. You and I won't pay for this "expression of our collective electoral anger", but our children and grand children will. The light that is America may have been dimmed by the actions of a few, petty Republican legislators, but under the control of a Democratic House and Senate, that light will flicker briefly, and then go out.

Vote you're conscience, vote you're heart, use you're head, and NEVER allow anger to override any of these!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast