Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A further look at Special Order 40 is necessary. I found this:

Explaining Special Order 40
    template_bas
    template_bas
    The myths surrounding it may hinder real action on criminal deportations.
    April 9, 2008

The emotional heat of the immigration debate finally grew so intense that it opened up several alternate dimensions, where fact evaporates and folklore guides what passes for policy discussion. In one parallel Los Angeles, police officers see violent gang members whom they know to be illegal immigrants but can do nothing to stop them because of a politically correct edict known as Special Order 40. It has become common knowledge in this world that the order doomed young Jamiel Shaw II, the high school student gunned down by an illegal immigrant gang member who roamed the streets with impunity after being released from jail because local law protected him from deportation.

Back in the real world, where fact still holds sway, Special Order 40 had no role in Shaw's killing. Illegal immigrant and 18th Street Gang member Pedro Espinoza was arrested in November by Culver City police -- not the LAPD -- and jailed on a weapons charge. Espinoza should have been held by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement pending deportation. Instead, he was released, and an innocent and promising high school student was shot to death. The tragedy exposes deplorable failures in the jailhouse processing of illegal immigrant criminals, but it has nothing to do with the LAPD, much less with Special Order 40.

The order was adopted in the late 1970s by then-Chief Daryl F. Gates, hardly a soft-on-crime liberal, who knew that the LAPD would be more effective if undocumented witnesses and victims felt free to speak with officers without fearing deportation. The order prevents officers from questioning people solely to determine their immigration status or arresting them solely for violations of immigration law. It does nothing to stop officers from arresting a violent suspect or calling in federal agents to investigate a person they believe illegally reentered the U.S. after deportation. It was good policy then and remains so today.

But officers often aren't aware that they're allowed to call in ICE when they see a criminal they know was deported. The LAPD began clarifying guidelines for officers to comply with the order, but it dropped the effort because it was so politically volatile. This fact opens up yet another parallel universe, one in which denial dictates policy. In this world, it is convenient to ignore that up to 25% of the Los Angeles County jail population is here illegally, or that police and the sheriff could take better advantage of the paltry federal assistance that is offered.

Espinoza escaped federal detection when sent to jail and when released, according to sheriff's officials, simply by lying when asked where he was born. Any procedure that easy to evade is no procedure at all. When officers don't know what they can and cannot do, and when other official procedures for protecting the public remain so flimsy, it's hard to fault critics who incorrectly believe that Special Order 40 lets felons run rampant.
    All sides of the immigration debate must reject the folklore about Special Order 40 and get real about removing violent criminals who can and should be deported.

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la- ... 1871.story
    According to the above article, police CAN ask about legal status of anyone in jail. DO THEY?

The Shaws should have a great case against Culver City and possibly LA.

Everyone who has ever been criminalized by a person who was later found to be an illegal alien should sue LA.

LA should get their sh*t in order and explain EXACTLY what Special Order 40 is!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Quote Originally Posted by gofer
    Apparently they don't care unless a caucasian is involved.
    That's because there is nobody to shake down or extort a buck from unless a caucasian or a corporation is being targeted.
    Yeah, the shakedown criminals stick together. How else does Jack$on not get involved? Professional courtesy.
    "Never suppose that in any possible situation, or under any circumstances, it is best for you to do a dishonorable thing..." --Thomas Jefferson

Jamiel Shaw Jr.

Alamb so glad you posted this , for I just saw it on Lou Dobbs and it was heartbreaking .The father just broke down crying talking about his son Jamiel Shaw Jr.and said that his little brother wants to invent a time machine and bring him back.

Jamiel was such a good looking young man as well as being a star football player. The gang member who killed him Pedro Espinoza should not have been here in the first place .This is the thanks his mother gets for serving in the army in Iraq.

Los Angeles needs to get rid of Special Order 40 protecting the gang members .Reyes on the City Council had the nerve to say that because of the the economy, they were not ready to do anything to stop the gangs/

I do not see why everyone is putting up with this violence in LA and across the country? Jamiel did not deserve this!
    Thomas Jefferson said: When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty !

Ed Reyes said the, "the economy" is not ready to deport illegal invaders who are gang bangers. To listen to this ethno-centric apologist spout his rhetoric regarding his beloved illegals is sickening!

So I guess according to Reyes, the economy is more important that saving the lives of American Citizens who are murdered by these illegal gang bangers.
    Ed Reyes does not belong anywhere near a position of leadership in this state and is not fit to represent the citizens of this country.

Lou was not very happy about that statement either!
    Ed Reyes is just spouting what all our politicians believe . . . that making the corporate elites richer is more important than human life. I can't tell you how many times I have written every Senator about the crime committed by illegal aliens, and no one as of yet has even answered my letters. This is why it's hardly ever reported because they know if enough Americans get wind of it, there would be an outcry of rage. So, they're going to ignore it as long as they can.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ed Reyes said the, "the economy" is not ready to deport illegal invaders who are gang bangers.
    Deporting them would boost the economy.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Where is reverend Wright, Jackson, and Sharpton? Their silence is deafening. They only bend over backwards for their elite masters and only to attack the bad white people.

It is heartbreaking and an outrage what happen to Jamiel and his family. His mother, a patriot and a hero, over on Iraq putting her life on the line, and her son is executed in America because there is no protection at all for Americans in America. Thanks to the cowardly bastards that can't do one freaking thing right.

It's clear to me now that no one is safe in LA/California/America. When you have 100% useless liberals that look the other way and let gang members gun down innocent people then say the economy can't handle this problem now...it's sickening. That's why I hate backward gutless liberals.

I imagin, when the liberals are being thrown in the internment camps, they will be crying: where are the Americans to save us?
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

AngelaTC beat me to the point - I was thinking the exact same thing. How is gang presence or affiliation 'contributing' to the economy? (It isn't!!!)

and

Once again, we are reminded that illegal immigration is NOT a victimless crime.

I think that the tragic Jamail Shaw case might just be the tipping point for L.A.! The general public is OUTRAGED at the arrogant, insensitive, rude and obnoxious attitude of City Council two days ago...as the friends and family stood before them pleading for something to be done!

They were totally ignored, but guess who stood up and excoriated the city council for the allotted two minutes...KEVIN JAMES...OUR HERO!

I feel a movement afoot now...Doug McIntrye is also picking up the gauntlet...and I don't think he and Kevin will back off. The only way we can reverse things in LA is by getting rid of the Mechista mayor and the Mechista city council...every single one of them! Only then can we reverse SO 40. Next year is the mayoral election...WE MUST GET RID OF TONY VILLAR!!!

Let's roll, folks...keep the momentum going....we need our presence at city council meetings. The People need to rise up...it's the only way we can run them out of town!

It would also be a perfect time for Californians to put the pressure on their Reps to sign the discharge petition for the SAVE ACT!
    "

I'm so fed up with where this whole issue is (or not) going. I can't help but feel the only way to be heard anymore is through violence. If you notice those are the one's who get the attention, those are the one's the media seem to be inspired by. To be civil, logical, or just plain law abiding today is null. In today's society one is rewarded for bad behavior. Do you think they will hear us if we were to create a riot or start a Revolution?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast