Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Just one idea to stop the illegals.

i don't know much about the west coast,but here in my home town i don't buy for one minute that americans wont work,i have seen people turn away from job site because illegals are taking these jobs,now i am a disable veteran and sit at home most of the time,and i know many disable people,most of us can get around fairly well and we feel like we can do these jobs,we may not be able to work as fast nor as long but we would like the chance to try and make some extra income( most make less than 700 a month)we are afraid to try because we could lose our medicare, do y'all think there should be a law that allows the disable to work without fear of losing our medicare,now this extra income would be taxed and the money would stay here in america,use to paid bills and so on..i would like to know what y'all think..

does anyone care about the disable veterans

I think this country needs to have more respect for it's veterans. I am very frustrated at the disrespect I have seen by this government and the media recently towards veterans and I am furious about hearing that soldiers coming home from Iraq can't find a job while our government imports foreign labor and exports jobs. It is a sorry country that can't put it's veterans and elderly first. I am ashamed that jobs are not being offered to our veterans that have served this country, it is an absolute outrage. Employer's that hire an illegal instead of a vet are traitors to their own country. I can't even believe anyone who has lived in freedom because of those who have made the sacrifices they have made for this country so they could have that freedom to be such traitors. They should be kicked out of the country.

The quickest, cheapest, most effective way to get the illegals out of here is to go after the employers BIG TIME. Just enforcing that one law (all of them should be), would end this thing within of a month. George Bush has the power, but he refuses to while disregarding his oath and his resposibility to enforce our laws. He is in violation and should be impeached.

I know one thing, if there is another attack on the US and it originates from Mexico, who do you think everyone is going to blame? Of course, the one with the power who is also in violation of his responsibilities--George Jr, the absolutely the worst President this country has ever known.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Social Security does have a program called, "Ticket to Work and Self- Sufficiency" program.

http://www.ssa.gov/work/index.html

http://www.ssa.gov/work/ResourcesToolkit/content2.html
    ------------------------

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Welcome alabamajim, from the far away Pacific Northwest, where people do want to work. Yes people out here too will take those jobs, but not for less that minimum wage, which is what the employers are paying the illegals under that table. No one can afford to live on less, even that is not much.

My husband is a Vietnam Veteran, and still working (56) and we have two kids, 13 and 9. Although his 11 years with the Air Force is good for the resume, what he did could not be used in the civilian work force, so he is at the mercy of the inundated job market as well.

I think that our government should offer some incentives to employers who hire our veterans and disabled. I think it would encourage employers to hire people who want to work, are willing to, and need the jobs. I also think they would have less turn over with these two groups, and less lost hours with them as well. In all, they'd be doing themselves a favor.

Alabamajim, stay here with us. We have a lot going on here, we have been doing a lot of things all over the country to make these changes so Americans can have America back, and although we will still welcome legal immigrants, we will not welcome illegal aliens, from any country.

Help us work towards this goal, to ending illegal immigration, it will improve things for yourself, and for everyone else, plus, it can be a morale booster to yourself to know that you have helped in something as historical as this.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

California has a div. of Dept. of General Services called DVBE/SB Disabled Veterans Business Enterprise/ Small Business. This is where DVBE business is given priorty in state funded contract bids, and the state must have minumin 25% participation. And a Contractor that uses a subcontractor that is DVBE gets 5% bid preference. This promoting the use of DVBE's. It has worked out fairly well, BTW all workers of contractors doing business with state and public works must have background checks to find out if they are legal working status and for other info like felony's. This eliminates alot of the competition.

ii would like to thank everyone who has replied......

Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    Social Security does have a program called, "Ticket to Work and Self- Sufficiency" program.

http://www.ssa.gov/work/index.html

http://www.ssa.gov/work/ResourcesToolkit/content2.html
    we have these programs here as well.but there a few things wrong with them, for what i was told,i would get to keep my medicare..for a short time,the pay pay is way lower than that paid to ablebody workers that do the same work, i would lose my small income(just over 700month) .now please don't get me wrong, i am not greedy,the job would pay 250 a week before taxes(which isaround 1000 amonth)i would have to buy my own insureance($80 a week) and thats not counting my kids...and your boss can still fire you for any reason there after..so to make a long story short...i would be risking the little my family has to gain even less....oh and the $250 is if you work 40 hours, to which most of us can not..btw the VA does not paid me anything, due to them losing most of my records...

Banned
    alabamajim,

I'm sorry to read of your situation. I live in Georgia and can promise you that if we don't turn around this illegal alien issue, there won't be jobs left for anybody. The jobsites here are unbelievable!

Picture this. 14 Latinos and one white guy with a cellphone and clipboard. 'The boss' can't speak Spanish so there's 1 Latino that does all the translating. I'd say they're ALL illegal based on the looks I get from them. My hat says "U.S. Border Patrol" and my truck has SEVERAL anti-illegal stickers on it.

Sometimes when watching them 'work', I'm struck by the thought of the movie "Gone With the Wind", it just looks so familiar. The translator yelling in rapid Spanish, "I's the FO'MAN! *I* sez when it's QUITTIN' TIME!"

The New and Improved Slave Class, "Now with NO IMPORT FEES!" Boy, are the 'Masters' eating THIS up. "Ships and chains? We don't NEED no stinking ships and chains! We WALK to America for FREE!! Less overhead for you, Master."

[/sarcasm]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast